Heritage Auctions Employee Reviews

very productive and many different venues to create ads/brochures/direct mail
Senior Art Director/Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
same as above: very productive and many different venues to create ads/brochures/direct mail.. worked closely with upper management and division managers to develop marketing strategy and impressive brochures and direct mail. In addition I was able to create formats for different venues (especially Jewelry, Rare Coins/Currency, and Fine Arts as well as Historical Venues. I supervised photography and print production nd worked closely with printing companies to get bidding and approve printing.
Work life at Heritage
Client Service Representative/ Social media (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
Heritage has been want of the best companies I've ever worked for. Very family connected, appreciates their workers and recognizes hard workers regularly.
Good workplace for self motivated and detailed oriented individuals.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2017
Good place for self motivated, detailed oriented individuals that have a passion for collectibles and are interested in learning all aspects of the auction business. This company has several offices in the United States so traveling is often part of the job.
Pros
Travel
Great to employees
Cataloger (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Heritage. They treated me very well and the work was extremely interesting. The workplace culture is quite casual and laid-back, and yet productive and motivating.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Substandard
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2017
A typical day would be me doing my work, and helping others. On a typical day I might need to do others jobs, or learn parts of their daily jobs as to take on more work and help the department, or other departments. Management as well as HR are substandard and nepotism seems to be the hardest part of any job in any department. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I work hard.
Sumer Intern
Marketing and Human Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2017
Working at Heritage Auctions was a truly unique experience. I got to help in many departments and see things I would have never had the chance to see before.
New management is great
PHOTOGRAPHER, RETOUCHER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2017
I still am in contact with a lot of the employees at this company. After management turned over, they love it. Solid company that will be around for a long time.
Productive work place with rare interesting artifacts
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Great Company, but the only way to be hired is through if a family member or friend works there.They also have random food days and ice cream days. This is a fun company if you like rare and expensive artifacts.
Pros
Food days
Wonderful company to work with
Consignment Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2016
There will never be another place quite like Heritage!! What an amazing group of people to work with. This company gave me the skills to grow both within their offices as well as within myself. I was able to travel and meet extraordinary people across the nation.
Love this company and all those that work for it!
Very Interesting
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2016
HA is s great place to learn the auction business. If your willing to learn, travel, and put in the work. You will have a great time if you enjoy collections and precious objects.
Pros
Fun Travel
Cons
Long Travel

Want to know more about Heritage Auctions?

Ask a question
Heritage Auctions Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
Great group of people. Very hard working and positive. I made some amazing friends and great professional connections while working here. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
Great Company to work for
Client Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2016
They treat their employees really well, I have grown as a young adult with this company. It has taught me to be more responsible and to take initiative with my work.
Pros
Ability to travel
Cons
Competitive positions
fun family environment
Shipping Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2016
fun place to work! see all kinds of famous or interesting collectibles, and meet alot of interesting people, however pay and advancement is limited.
Pros
working with collectibles
Cons
low pay raises, limited advancement
Productive workplace
Contract Historical Manuscript Writer-Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2016
As a contracted Historical Manuscript Writer, I've assisted the department director with research on material that was for auction. I've worked with both the client and the director with obtaining material, information, and historical accuracy. During auction open houses I've learned how to care for the client and their material that had sentimental value to them but also how to advertise their auction lot to grab the attention of a potential buyer. I managed to gather the information in order to write for the auction house catalog and website. I've also diligently cleaned a years worth of unorganized material corresponding with their department but also other departments. In my time there, I've learned how to handle sensitive historical material that had little or no background story and was challenged to use critical thinking and heavy research.
Exciting and interesting company to work for
ASSOCIATE MARKETING DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy this company. You never know what kind of material you'll be working with next. With 40 collectible categories there is something for everyone.
NIce people and staff. A large variety of collectibles.
Contract Cataloguer. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2015
As a contractor I enjoyed my time with Heritage. I was free to do what had to be done on my own. I met all deadlines and was well received by head of the department.
Pros
Nice environment and staff.
Cons
Pay.
management
Senior Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2015
They are not understanding of family catastrophes. You will be expected to work at your same level of concentration and not take time off work even if your husband has a cardiac arrest and suffers a brain bleed as a result of falling from it. If you are suffering from mental shock, you will be fired instead of encouraged to take short term disability! You can work from the ICU unit but no brain fog will be tolerated. One would expect upper management would recommend taking time off on short term disability instead of just firing you.
busy depositing checks and wres
acounting specialist (Current Employee) –  dallas, txAugust 30, 2015
I really don't have anything bad to say about company where I am now, I really love the people and the growth. just looking for a part time job.
Pros
location, co workers, enviorment, parking
Productive Day
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
I come in early in the morning. Check emails and clean out inbox. Process what needs to be processed, follow up on old emails. Co-workers are here for help and a good laugh. Management is always helpful. The hardest part of the job might be understanding what others are saying. Not everyone is on the same level of understanding a simple task. The most enjoyable part is being able to communicate with your coworkers around you.
Pros
Schedule is real flexable
Cons
Promotions are really competitive
A leader in the coin and stamp auction bueiness
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
I enjoyed purchasing the media for both coin and stamp magazines. I directed a crew to photograph coin and stamp product. I also enjoyed traveling to auctions.