Heritage Bank NW Employee Reviews

Better off at another bank...
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 19, 2017
The Lakewood branch is very slow and the people there are not team players. They claim that customer service is important, but often walk away when a customer comes into the branch. The management is terrible. Often times I felt that other employees knew more than the Assistant Manager, and the Branch Manager is only concerned about sales and doesn't know much about retail operations. The management is completely backwards! The only good thing is that they are very flexible with your schedule. Advancement at this bank is awful! Even with prior experience as a Senior Teller I was stuck as a level 1 teller until I left, despite my efforts to advance. There's a reason why there is such a high turn over rate at this branch. The only two employees this manager hired have left due to poor management.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Management, advancement, never work 40 hours per week, no team effort, selfish employees
Good Start in Finance
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 8, 2017
Management couldn't leave personal life at the door and was more concerned about that than helping customers or her team. Kept promising more training to move up but never fulfilled their promises.
NIce place to work for.
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 16, 2017
Nice place to work. Had a great Office Manager who always was fair to her employees. Very good team environment. Plenty of on the job training between other peers.
Small town work environment
Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 23, 2017
While a number of great people work here, the environment was too relaxed at times in terms of people's professionalism. A great local employer, but if you're looking for a challenging work environment, with numerous advancement opportunities, this may not be the place for you.
Pros
Corporate office is downtown and close to water
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Lots of referalls
AVP, Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 2, 2017
This positions provides a ton of referrals, however some of the processing and underwriting time frames are frustrating. Management is friendly and the staff are pleasing to work with.
Pros
Huge referral base
Cons
Low salary compared to independent mortgage companies
Great Company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 9, 2016
Great people
learned a lot about finances
Co workers
Most enjoyable part of my job are the amazing customers who always seem to put a smile on your face.
I love helping people.
Management wasn't good.
CSA Teller (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 22, 2016
I feel like proper training wasnt given, as well as being introduced to a new manager halfway through training who had a different training style was very difficult.
good place to work
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, WAFebruary 21, 2016
Overall this company is very nice and good place to work. Co-workers are very pleasant and helpful. Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Heritage Bank is a nice place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2015
Heritage Bank is a nice place to work. The team in Portland is supportive, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. However, at this time, the only branch in Oregon is the Portland branch. Therefore, there is very little room or opportunity for personal growth unless you desire to relocate to Washington.
Cons
Need to move to Washington for personal growth.
Great Place to work
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work and great staff. Great benefits and 401k
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Short breaks
productive and fun work space
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2014
I walk in an I am ready for the day. I get all of my stuff and sit down at my desk. through out the day I see wonderful and loyal customers. During lunch I talk to my wonderful co workers. there really is not a hard part of my job.
Pros
free parking and free gym
A Interactive and professional place to work
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, Puyallup and West OlympiaNovember 22, 2013
During my employment at Heritage Bank I worked for three different branches and management staff, as well as traveled to several different branches to assist with staffing needs. Almost all of the employees I encountered were welcoming and a joy to work with. Heritage Bank has quarterly and annual bank wide meetings with staff to go over the progress of the bank and each individual branch. Those meetings were the highlight of working for Heritage Bank, I was able to reconnect with other employees as well as meet new ones. The toughest part about my Heritage Bank experience was trying to advance in my career. I saw it as a struggle for many other employees around me as well, who had worked for the company many years longer.
Cons
Advancement
Review
Teller- Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kalama, WAAugust 6, 2012
It's nice to work there because of normal day shift hours and holidays off. Also because i've never worked in a financial institution before, I have learned alot from being there.
Pros
health insurance, holidays off, weekends off
Cons
not normally scheduled hours, not 40 hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Bank NW. Our community is ready to answer.

Heritage Bank NW Reviews by Location