HERITAGE CENTER Employee Reviews

Heritage was a decent place to work for. My only reason for leaving was due to my part time status and pay scale
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHMay 2, 2018
Heritage is a decent facility to work for. They care about their residents and the DON does defend her nurses and helps immensely when floor staff needs it. My only concerns were that I needed to be full time and my pay scale which were not available at the time that I left.
job
Al Wooten Jr (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2018
great job good money everything is great everybody is nice work with kids serve lunches had to become a leader in this job and help others out with all new things
Good company
Evansville - RN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 12, 2018
Variety of job options. Devoted, caring management. Fair compensation. Good local reputation. Experienced staff that work well together. Beautiful campus.
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37814March 12, 2018
I have no problem with the work or people, this just might be a chance to move closer to family and to do something I feel I am good at. We are a very busy facility with a large turnover in our rehab residents. The nurses here are as astute as any of the area med surg nurses and even some of the ICU staff. We deal with a wide variety of resident related issues. We are family oriented and have each others backs and an open door policy with management. You fall in love with your residents and the sad part is letting them go, either with end of life for home and you know that it is not safe and you worry for them.
Working with food
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Must know information about correct food services. Short hours, but the day goes by very fast because you're constantly working. There is some lifting involved. The customers are always in a good mood.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
good coworkers, good mgmt
LPN (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 14, 2017
hard work, taking care of many patients, helping the CNa's. alot of meds to pass. heavy pt load. Alot of charting and Doctors make rounds so, alot of new orders. If you work evening shift, its difficult to change to another shift.
Pros
pto time
Great
Groundskeeper and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kanab, UTJune 12, 2017
Really Fun. I enjoyed taking care of the grounds and there was a variety of tasks to keep my busy. I loved my boss and being able to work so close to home.
Desperatelly needs employees!!!!
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 30, 2017
I have NEVER worked at a facility that has such a large shortage of employees all over the building....in Dietary, The CNA staff and the nurses.
This makes for a long, stressful day. I understand every job can't be perfect but, come on, we should have the staff to cover a full shift without day shift working doubles to cover evening shift's missing employees.
Pros
doing something positive for the elderly.
Cons
working with a skeleton crew, too hot in the dish room, no teamwork
Very one sided place to work
Heritage Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 21, 2017
Heritage centers is a good place to work if you enjoy helping the mentally disabled live a normal life. Management is very distant and one sided when handling disputes
Good starter career with long term potential.
Life Skills Trainer (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 26, 2017
A good agency to grow with. Has lots of potential. Compensation has gotten better over the years but there is still room for improvement. Overall a good place to work for.
Pros
Population
Cons
Compensation
love the residents
RN (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 8, 2017
New management. No room for advancement. Often no time for breaks; constant new changes; no team work as other jobs; often no time to sit down. Making patients happy and family is most enjoyable part.
Pros
clean atmosphere
benefits
Fun job
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Most of the clients are fun to work with and makes your day worthwhile. Managers seem to pick favorites and promote them above all others. If you are there for money or looking for advancement you are in the wrong place.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Lack of advancement poss.
It is nice and relaxing environment if you like this type of population or type of work.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working @ Heritage with the kids also made lots of friends. It is a hard job because you are constantly lifting and running after some kids with certain disabilities. I really missed that job.
Pros
Free lunches, free spendable account, lots of activities with kids and the communities.
Cons
short breaks
Great!
Activities and Transportation Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 21, 2016
I loved working for Heritage Center. The only problem was the lack of upward movement and availability of a full time position with high enough pay to cover my bills.
okay job
Residential Habilition Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2015
the Job is fine could become better. nothing more to say for it is what it is sorry can't give more to the story. Aspire was alot better then what Heritage Center does for sure.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Teacher's Aid Positions
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 16, 2015
As an Aid a typical day included of course caring for the kids but also cleaning, preparing lunch, and sitting with kids at rest time. Aides don't have much of a say and are on the bottom of the hierarchy. Some of the teachers are rude with their aids and the administration turns a blind eye to it. Also the admin can be "shady" when interviewing for an aid position. for example when I interviewed with them it was for an aide however when I showed up on site I was told I was a one on one aide, something the admin didn't tell me.
Pros
It is for a good cause
Cons
Aids are looked down on
work
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 8, 2015
working here was unorganized some sort. employees everyone was for themselves. A typical day was really unknown which was kind of disappointing. the hardest part of the job is not know what the expect
fun workplce
Volleyball Coach - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  portervilleSeptember 22, 2014
Great people. Great staff. No complaints. Great program to be apart of
The Pay is really not there but the Job is extremely rewarding!
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 29, 2014
Come in to work review the logbook to see if there are any pressing issues, start house cleaning, get prepared for the resident's to come home, either start cooking or pass meds depending on the day, serve the meal, go on outings, help with daily living skills, get the resident's to bed, and finally complete daily paperwork.
Pros
discount movie tickets, having a job where the people you serve appreciate you, fun outings
Cons
Moving up is difficult if you are not one of the "chosen"!!
Great experience
Social Work internship (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 13, 2014
Great experience. Loved interning here. I really enjoyed myself. I learned a lot and obtained experience for my degree.