Heritage Chevrolet Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Fast paced work environment
Lot Attendant/Inventory Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 14, 2018
I was one of the first ones there to get the lot presentable for the day. I learned many things while working here and advanced quite a bit. Management was strict but got the job done the way a business should be run. Depending on what area you work, it can provide many different experiences. The hardest part of the job was working outside in different types of weather. The best part was the pay and benefits.
Pros
Pay, benefits, free lunches, can work with your schedule
Cons
Some days can go longer than expected
Great place to start my career
New Truck Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 7, 2018
This was a Great place to start my Sales Career. Started in Sales and advanced to Management. I was responsible for Training New Sales People.
I received World Class Training that I still use today.
competitive but fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 31, 2018
I gave my greatest effort going into this job that i could. it is a high volume store but few of the employees get the same chances at returning customers.
Pros
you get to drive cars
12 years
Sales and Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Over the last 12 years, the company has changed. It is a good company to work for just not for me anymore. The people that I worked with were great and I have made some lasting friendships.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lots of promises very little follow thru
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WINovember 6, 2017
Poor management and no opportunity for the future at all. No benefits at all. Lack of proper equipment and current technology. A clear disconnect between the management and the laborers,
ok for new into the business
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCOctober 22, 2017
very slow paced and very little room for advancement, customer service very low and technicians very slow and not up to date on new software. not a highly recommended place to take your vehicle.
Pros
local
Cons
poor managment
Fun atmosphere
Sales Manager/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, wiJuly 6, 2017
Low pressure and fun. Flexible for the family, Everyone works well with each other. You get what you put in as far as effort and for those who put in much they get a lot of return.
Great company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 25, 2017
I have enjoyed working at heritage and working with great people, who allow me to grow, very community oriented. Commission based sales is the only way you Trueduex earn what your worth.
love working on cars but hate warranty work
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 21, 2016
great place to work and people are awesome there but I get paid commission and I usually work more hours than the hours I get paid for cause of warranty GM time is like half the labor time.
Fun place to work Great General Manager and Owner and Service Manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 18, 2015
Very enjoyable work environment every day was a learning experience learned something new everyday had a wonderful group of coworkers that all worked as team all departments. This is one of the only dealerships I have ever worked at that worked as a team !!
General Manager was one of the most kind caring individuals that went out of his way to speak to everyone at least tried to on a daily basis and also made sure that hard working employees were recognized.
Pros
employee aprrectiationn and acknowledgement constantly
Cons
hard work but co-workers where decent
reconditioner (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 29, 2015
I was at this job for a while but there was no advancement and the management became worst over the years with broken promises and we all ended up getting laid off
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 2, 2015
If you are in need of a vehicle, this is the best place to purchase. I am a living testament of this, since I bought mine from here. Working and meeting new people has been a great pleasure by working here. Everything is always changing and I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to get into Sales to take a look at Heritage Chevrolet.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Had fun working with and helping the ladies in the office while I was needed. Was ale to learn new things and was able to take what I learned and apply it to jobs later on.
Pros
Fast paced, fun environment
Cons
was temporary
Fun Work Environment!
Automotive Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 28, 2013
Typically, I work between 8-10 hours 5 days a week. Working at Heritage Chevrolet taught me how to conduct business in a professional manner as well as build relationships with customers. Our motto is "Make friends and sell Chevrolets." The most enjoyable part of working at Heritage is giving the customers a sense of satisfaction in knowing that they have the vehicle that they want.
Pros
Occasional free lunch for all employees
Cons
Longer than expected work days at time
wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 17, 2013
honest trust worthy people, great commissions, wonderful place to work, tough cliental which made it fun to have such big challenges. made me be a better costumer service rep
Pros
good qork ethic
Cons
not enough time with family and late hrs
Small town dealership with a big heart for the community
Coordinated Sales (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 17, 2012
Making friends and selling Chevys. My customers were my lifeline. Keeping in touch with them via telephone, internet, text, mail or personal visits gave me a limitless supply of sales. The most enjoyable part of my job was the joy my customers had when taking the vehicle of their dreams home.
Liked working in service department of car dealer, learning about cars
Cashier, receptionist, mail sorter, car jockey (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MarylandJuly 4, 2012
Was in charge of closing cash drawer at night, most people I worked with were very helpful. Service manager could have been more helpful in certain areas. Liked the idea of working for a car dealer and also learning about cars, being a car jockey, and also a receptionist.
Pros
dealing with different kinds of people who picked up their cars after being serviced
Cons
no healthcare, and could not advance in position