Heritage Communities Employee Reviews

Definitely feels like family
Director (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2018
Great place to work! The culture is the way it actually goes for almost all employees. We are always growing so the opportunities abound. Plenty of room for growth.
Home Office does not allow for success
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 5, 2018
The company has great potential but does not have ample support or understanding of the inner working of a team. They demonstrate poor management and bad decisions based on individual personal agenda and not the needs of the residents or community.
Pros
The residents and families
Cons
Home Office Team that does not understand how to be supportive and cooperative.
Never been so happy to leave and never come back.
Server (Former Employee) –  BellevueAugust 24, 2018
Managers think it’s ok for some employees to sleep on the job because they have “different work ethic” than other people. Let staff take bereavement for live family members (guess that would be a benefit). overworked and underpaid. Servers there are disgusting people who are willing to put their hands on others and stab other workers in the back. I would never let a loved one of mine set one toe in that place.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else.
Horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Would not recommend to anyone looking for a job. They over work you and under pay you. Management was horrible and unprofessional in every way.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
July 27, 2018

We are sorry this was your experience. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly. Please feel free to contact me at 402-880-6355 or jobs@heritage-communitites.com.

Taylor

Horrible place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2018
Management was horrible to work for, did not care about anything other than working employees to death. Employees are tired and not very happy yet management only cares on weather they have enough staff throughout the day. Not enough training and when you go to management with a problem it goes in one ear and out the other, they also allow other staff members to pass medications when they are not the one signed into the system, this is a huge violation of state code. Manager changes the schedule on a day to day basis and then tells employees that can happen at any time without employee's approval. Messes with employees lives, no life when you work for this company. Stressed out when doing job because you are on a time line, and there is no time to stop and catch your breath.
Pros
They give you a free meal
Cons
Not enough help for the job
July 27, 2018

We appreciate feedback from our valued employees. Training is an area of importance to us. Your experience will be helpful in the development of this area. Please reach out directly to me to gain a better understanding of your perspective at 402-880-6355 or jobs@heritage-communities.com.

Taylor

Locally owned and it shows.
Management (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoy working for a company who's owners are involved in the day to day operations of their company.

They aren't afraid to put money back into their buildings to keep things modernized and to give their input on issues that arise.

Co workers are fun!
Pros
Free lunch, modernized, free uniforms, fun work environment
Cons
Can easily get burnt out working 55+ hours a week
Poor management.....under staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 1, 2018
Poor management and understaffed. Managment let their positions go to their heads. That's why the current facility is so understaffed. They let go all the good people that had been there who truly cared and weren't just there for a paycheck. They don't listen to what the residents say nor do they care what the staff says. Worst place to work!
Pros
Residents are friendly
Cons
Short all the time, low pay and careless management
July 27, 2018

We are sorry this was your experience. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly. Please feel free to contact me at 402-933-2561 or jobs@heritage-communities.com.

Core values are CORE
Senior Living Counselor (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 29, 2017
I love my job.

I have to say the management team at the home office is amazing. These folks get their jobs done, and hold others accountable to do theirs. However, they know how to have a good time- and focus on one of our core values; FUN.

Residents are easily the best part of the job. Seeing and working with them and their families day in and day out makes every long night or week worth it.

How cool to get paid to truly help people through a some very difficult situations in their lives. I am very grateful to work for such an inspiring, forward thinking company.
Pros
Free lunches, good insurance, fair pay, strong and positive company culture
Cons
Work life balance is hard to keep.
Couldn’t find better
Life Enrichment Director (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 16, 2017
Company is owned by 2 people and it shows. They care about every single employee. Corporate office cares about employees’ voices. With the company growing, there’s many chances for better job opportunities. They provide great benefits. Work/life balance is what you make it. While there is growing pains at times, as with any other company, this one works together. Work life feels like another family as everyone grows together and works together very well. It is a place that one can enjoy going in and working rather than dreading it everyday.
Pros
Paid lunches; Free Meals; Friendly Environment; Great Benefits
Fantastic place to work
Former Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 1, 2017
Heritage Communities has allowed me to promote up through the company. The staff and management are very friendly. It is basically one big family. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Paid breaks, free meal for staff
Great!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 1, 2017
Overall, this was the best job especially for high school and college students. I was able to work around school and other activities. In the kitchen then staff was like family. I loved being a cook and my boss was great. Although it was quick paced, I loved trying to see how much I could accomplish in the work time.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff and residents, paid breaks, easy communication with directors, life insurance
Cons
Quick paced
Great leadership & reputation
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 31, 2017
I work at The Heritage at Northern Hills in Sioux City. Our resident census is very high here for a reason. We have an excellent reputation and I really feel as though I mesh with my co-workers. They are like family to me. The pay is great compared to other c.m.a. jobs that are out there. I feel valued and know that my bosses care about me even on a personal level. Honestly I couldn’t ask for better.
Pros
Free lunch/401k match/awesome benefit package/people who care about me and my family
Cons
You have to be able to hustle but I have found the job has helped me to get in better shape
Not a good place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 29, 2017
The workers suck! Lazy people, lazy pay, complainers. A lot of the staff were bullies to some of the other staff! This place can't keep help to save itself
Not a good place to work
Executive chef / Dining Services director (Former Employee) –  Sioux City IowaApril 17, 2017
The main focus of this company is to make money. They are not concerned with how their employees are paid nor treated. I held a director position at the Sioux City heritage and was forced to work between 60 and 80 hours a week and told that I could not go out of town on my days off because I needed to be on call. I am still in contact with previous employees and current residents and it does not seem to me like there is a future in this company. Things are not getting better and the people who live there want to move.
Pros
They have great nursing staff
Cons
They don't care about you on any personal level
Growing too quickly
Jack of All Trades (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 7, 2017
Core values and corporate office staff say the right things and project the right image but their main goal is to grow and make more money. Direct staff are on the front lines but have no ownership or say in what goes on in their own communities.

Too focused on marketing and image versus actually listening to what the people that pay to live there want.

The people making the decisions that matter have been out of the positions they are supervising for too long. They are out of touch with the current labor force and the market they are serving.
Pros
Caring for others is always rewarding.
Cons
Everything except the patients.
Decent company
Annoumous (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 18, 2017
Worked in Arizona building for awhile. They definitely need to increase caregiver to patient ratio. At peak times it is really busy and call lights have longer than expected wait times. Management at the facility is really great and supportive of their departments. Lots of staff have been there since they opened. I feel wages are very competitive. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
One free meal per 8 hr shift.
Cons
Staffing to patient ratio
great energetic caring environment
Receptionist/ Life Enrichment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2017
● Maintains a positive attitude while working with residents
● Perform daily operations
● Follow safety regulations
● Handles daily cash transactions
● Lead group activities and planning
fast growth company
Corporate director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 7, 2014
Strong communities with great resident focus are easier to market! A typical day for me is out in the communities working with the sales and operations staff making certain we have the urgency to make things happen and that our product is solid.
Pros
Quick paced, strong growth
Cons
growing pains of quick growing compancy
Amazing company with family values.
Corporate Director of Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 9, 2013
A company that truly believes the resident comes first. They care about the staff that work for them and strive to appreciate the work they do.
Pros
Amazing management staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about