Heritage Cooperative Employee Reviews

An absolute joke
Fueler (Former Employee) –  New PhilaOctober 5, 2018
Management is a bunch of arrogant, unorganized idiots. Considered part time, even when working 80+hours a week. Low pay. They lie to you about raises. Will give you a “promotion” and then not give you the raise to go along with it, but still expect you to take on the added responsibility. Do not waste your time!
Cons
One of the better companies to work for.
Tank Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHOctober 5, 2018
I have worked for Heritage for 7 years and have been treated fairly in all aspects of the job. Most people that leave the company do so because they have done something grossly wrong or didn't understand the work they were undertaking. I have found the Heritage treats their employees fair. I have also observed that when others in similar industries were laying off employees due to slowing down in the industry Heritage was moving their people around in the company to keep their employees working.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Cost of Health Insurance is a little high
Don’t waist your time as a driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia ohSeptember 22, 2018
Waist of time...
work your life away for people who treat you like your nothing any one with a cdl will find a better place to work don’t waist ur time here...
Pros
Cons
Kill yourself for nothing
This place is a joke
Frac Fueler (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJuly 26, 2018
They lie to you about transportation and where to meet to leave i was told id be leaving from the new phila,ohio location shope to the motel where my work location would be for eclipse ...there straight up liars i had to drive 4 hours in my own vehicle wear an tear only for 12.00 an hour rediculous
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Lies, lies, lies
Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJune 9, 2018
Management is full of lies. You dont get benefits unless you are full time, which they will never make you. 100 hours a week is considered part time to them. You have frac managers leaving pad at night to go to the casinos while on the clock, leaving the other workers short staffed. No room for advancement unless you are friends with managers.Changes to your schedule with little to no notice, forget having a life. New Philadelphia location is the worst!!!! Dont make a supervisor mad because they remove you from the schedule at their discretion. Save yourself the time and stress, its not worth it. Promise profit sharing every year and then sends out a notice its being put on hold for another year. Management tries to play employees against each other. If you go to a supervisor about an issue its never confidential, the whole company ends up knowing your business.
Frac
Frac Hand (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJune 7, 2018
Management has not clue what they are doing
Scheduling 6 on 3 off never works because people don’t show up for work because it’s 12 an hour.. Walmart pays 11
Thy fired the only guy that Cared about the employees and the field operations that knew what he was doing because he disagreed with the horrible changes they were making which caused Leadership to quit left and right because of management
Company doesn’t value employees
Work 70 hours a week in bad weather with 0 benefits
They will NEVER measure up to oil field standards with the management that’s in place right now.
Cons
Moving in the right direction
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 6, 2018
Heritage is a good place to work and getting better. The merger was scary but it seems like management really cares about making it a good company and helping employees
Pros
Good work life balance, great benefits, profit sharing, down to earth staff
Cons
No vision benefits, lots of travel required, training could be better
Do not bother
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Out of the Dover and New Philly area management is useless and they definitely don't care about the driver's... even during the orientation they will threaten dismissal of employees.. I believe that this company will fail soon... they are definitely running out of drivers and hiring drivers even without hazmat certification giving drivers a opportunity to get there hazmat in a certain time frame.. that just shows you how hard up they need drivers...
Cons
I earned a descent amount of money for what i did at work.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kenton, OHJanuary 21, 2018
We would have our busy days and slow days. Some days i would just sit there at the desk and wait for trucks other days it was a busy day. Pretty laid back over all though.
Pros
laid back easy money
Cons
no benefits
Fast Paced Job
Frac Fuel Driver (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHOctober 2, 2017
This was a very fast paced job trying to keep up with the frac pads that we covered. It was long hours of 14 to 16 hours a day. The job itself was not a hard job but it was stressful and they dont pay well enough for the stress and that we were hauling hazardous materials.
Working for Heritage Co-Op
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London,OhAugust 16, 2016
I did not feel there was any way to promote within the company. Communication through out the company was poor. I did not agree with the way the London branch was ran by the Branch manager, nor did i agree with the way the Branch Manager was appointed.
Pros
Customers
Cons
great people and work environment
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHApril 25, 2016
there was no typical day, everyday was different in some aspect.
learned how to interact with many different customers and some agricultural knowledge.
management was good and persistent on keeping us busy
main co-worker was very knowledgeable of systems
hardest part of the job would have been cleaning of grain bins
most enjoyable part was talking with the farmers as they came in to unload grain.
Pros
plenty of overtime during certain seasons
Cons
not always busy
Discrimatory Company
Shur Grow Seed Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, OHDecember 28, 2015
I was never trained once I showed up at this company to work. I was fired based off of "general work performance" but never offered any training once I started my position.
NIce co-workers but management is horrible.
Energy Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHAugust 30, 2015
Work everyday is a grind because the equipment is old and wore out. Management will promise lots of opportunity but it never comes true. This companies outlook of what they want to do in the futture is non-existent.
Hard work, good pay/benefits
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milford Center, OHOctober 30, 2013
Normally doing hard labor at least 5 hours out of the day. Management tends to be lenient whenever possible due to harsh nature of the job. Co-workers respectful and fun to be around. Hardest part is heavy lifting 8-9 hours a day some days during 100 degree heat. Most enjoyable is the work variation and long breaks on hot ad humid days.
Pros
good pay/benefits/people
Cons
exhausting labor
Outside
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OhioJune 14, 2012
I was always outside scouting fields for weeds, bugs and plant population

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Cooperative. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5