HERITAGE HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Profit over patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 14, 2018
Change in management has brought about overall changes to the facility. Lack of loyalty to experienced employees. Profit driven. Residents and families are important to the floor staff when poorly staffed this can be frustrating to the staff team members. Co- workers are helpful and encouraging to each other. Voicing concerns is not welcome by management.
Pros
On going education
Cons
New management
Good benefits
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 27, 2018
Flexibility with hours and schedule. Very fast paced, extreme amount of charting daily. Poor balance between work and home life. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patient's.
We are not alone.
Laundry and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  300 E. Mazon Dwight, Il. 60420May 25, 2018
I learned how to face aging better. A typical day was non-stop with plenty to do. I had no complaints toward management. The hardest part of the job seemed to be the germs of bodily movements which the residents can't help. I enjoyed the family atmosphere. I felt part-of as if as a member of the family.
Excellent working environment
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 29, 2018
I was able to grow and advance my carrier with proper training and support from the management team. They were very encouraging and wanted you to do a good job to improve both personal and professional goals.
Heritage Health
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILApril 25, 2018
Management is lacking in experience and resident servicing. I enjoyed helping residents. Management changes about every 6 years. The location is good on Adelaide St. in Normal.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
No raises
Company no longer exists
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RI 02921March 29, 2018
Company went out of business. I would have continued working there if they had not closed down. It was enjoyable to work there, the hours were long but I knew that was part of the job when I accepted it.
Great facility and awesome work place
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALMarch 7, 2018
I was not only an employee but also had family members in the facility. I enjoyed most the respect the CNA's had for all the patients and the special activities given to the patients on a regular basis
This is a wonderful company to work for.
Occupational therapy assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 18, 2018
This is a very stable company who holds onto their contracts. It is a diverse, professional and educational company with competitive benefits. There are options to work in skilled , assisted living and outpatient settings. There are many resources to further your knowledge in your field as well as free online courses for licensing. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Company provide average service to patients
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 16, 2018
The company was always clean, most patient were treated fair.The management there on an average was good. Well know company in the community. Security good.
A great place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Was a great office to work in, the employees were the best. My management team was wonderful. I took pride in my work and learned a lot. It was a very fast paced work environment and worked directly with the public and clients.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
a lot of long hours
Productive and fun place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Heritage Health Care treats everyone like they’re family. The residents are well treated and respected like its their own family member. I would recommend anybody to work here.
I loved heritage healthcare
presently PRN (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 27, 2017
Great company to work for, pay well and care about their employees, the management was great. The hardest part of the job was having to leave it. I would recommend it to any therapist looking for a job.
Quick paced and Hard work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 26, 2017
Typical days involved a quick paced environment, from preparing meals, delivering meals, and cleaning. Worked doubles on weekends and learned a lot about managing time, and communicating with others.
Very busy and fast paced.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 24, 2017
There are a lot of good people here. There is team work most of the time with the main goal being the pt. It is very busy and fast paced. Staffing is often an issue. Benefits are minimal and pay scale is lower than other places.
Fast paced, intriguing, ever changing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dwight, ILJuly 24, 2017
Typical day at work was hectic and poorly staffed so grueling, very rewarding to work with people, yet can be routine and slightly unorganized. workers can be very entertaining and the environment is either very laid back or very strict and poor, depending on the shift.
Pros
fun workplace and rewarding
Cons
poorly managed, understaffed, scheduled mandation periods.
Fun and productive workplace
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 7, 2017
Assisted residents with medication administration. Also provided patient care with dressing and grooming. Assistants with meals and feedings as well. Great community overall.
Productive, Fun & Great Employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZJune 5, 2017
Heritage Healthcare in globe Az has a great team of employees, Everyone seems to work together when fully staffed. There are days when we are short staff and we double the work and sometimes dont get lunch breaks or breaks, being underpaid for a job that requires direct patient care sometimes take a toll on you.
Pros
Discount Lunches & 8 hour shifts
Cons
short breaks, understaff some days & not enough pay
Very nice place to work
Laundry Aid (Current Employee) –  Beardstown, ILJune 2, 2017
I can't really say there is anything I didn't like. 1. People were nice to work for 2. Residents were nice to be around 3. liked my hours and days scheduled Everyone has a bad day once in awhile, but this is the best job I have ever had.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Communication
It's a good start if no experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, ILApril 5, 2017
It"s a good day when everyone shows up. Management needs better attitude. Communication very poor to none from management to aids. Staff is ok to work with but problems with clicks. Hardest part is attitude. Enjoyable part is the residents.
Supplemental income and skill development
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 3, 2017
This facility provided me with the opportunity to supplement my income.
This skilled nursing rehab center allowed me to brush up on skills that I had not utilized since my clinical fellow year, including working with patients with aphasia, dysphagia, traumatic brain injury, and other disabling diseases.
Pros
Flexible daily schedule
Cons
Inconsistent working hours