HERITAGE HEALTH Employee Reviews

Not a good place for me
Culinary Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 10, 2019
Very cliquey.. Cooks thought they knew it all. Head of maintenance was a jerk and got away with alot of inappropriate comments. CNAs worked their butts off kitchen servers were great bunch of kids. Two faced people and no back up for the kitchen manager from the director
Poor management.
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILJuly 6, 2019
Loved the residents that's the only good thing about the place I liked. While there are several great employees, the facility administrator and even corporate office could care less about any concerns/problems you go to them about.
There is a reason why they are always under staffed/looking for help.

To do this review I had to give a star, that's the only reason I gave 1 star it wouldn't let me continue without doing so.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Poor management
Unprofessional environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILMay 21, 2019
The management at the Dwight location does not care about anything but money. Reporting them to state won’t do nothing either because they will change their story. They allow their staff to neglect residents as well as each other. Nurses only care about their duties(charting, Med pass) not the actual care of residents. And Dont think you will get a helping hand from them on the floor either. If you aren’t from the small town you WILL be bullied. This job takes a seriouse toll on your mental health. The pay is decent but if you don’t have a strong backbone it is just not worth it. This place is NOT for compassionate people. But it IS for people who want to make some money$$
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible staff
Great place to work for so far. Management is wonderful.
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Streator, ILMay 15, 2019
I haven't worked for the company that long.I love the job and talking with the residents.It makes me feel like I belong there.The manager is wonderful
Pros
Get to meet and talk with the residents. Residents appreciate the job you do.
It’s just another nursing home.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMay 1, 2019
This place used to be great but it has gotten worse over the years. It’s not about resident care, it’s about money. Poor management and forget about any type of advancement if you’re not an RN, even though RNs do not do anything special at all. I would not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
Sometimes you have time to use the bathroom
Cons
Management, environment, benefits, pay
Don’t even waste your time applying
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILApril 10, 2019
Rules only apply to certain people. Management sucks. Just don’t even waste your time. They use up all the good employees treat them like trash and are always short staffed. When state comes they sure like to act like the perfect facility. It seems sweet at first but you really see how things are ran once you work there for a while.
Pros
Co workers, bonding with residents
Cons
Management and pretty much everything else
Busy fast pace
Dietary Aide & TRANSPORTATION (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 20, 2019
Most days very busy .How to deal with elderly in a properly manner .Management is very professional deal with people from all walks of life .The clients get the proper nutrition and properly securing clients for transportation feeling good about my job and my day
Pros
Making a different s
Cons
Supporting my family
Typical day at work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mendota, ILMarch 16, 2019
I normally work 6:00am to 2:00pm. I prepare food and serve the residents. It is my job to follow recipes and serve residents the right nourishment. I make sure all residents are satisfied.
Bad Manager
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Dwight, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Management Sucks they come and go as they please and get paid for a full work week and or overtime. Most of the time you don't see management they hide away in their offices. There is a lot of cursing. They can't seem to keep their staff. Personally I think my dog can back orders just as well as the management there.
Pros
Friendly CNA's to talk to
Cons
cranky bosses, constant cursing, no consistency
Boring
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Norma, ILFebruary 12, 2019
was not happy there at all with that job we was always short of help everyday at work but I did enjoy working with the Residents and also talking with I liked working with some of the staff member there as well the paid was very poor we had employees quitting on us all the time do to such low paid also management had their favorite employees who got off on certain things simple.
Hit and Miss
Billing (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 11, 2019
Most other departments it seemed like they all meshed together but the billing team was something else. Even though we were one team, it was completely divided. People were told how to do things differently and some would adjust certain things while others wouldn’t. The supervisors would send emails to some people but not the whole team. A core group did nothing but complain and got mad when no one else would help them with their assigned tasks but they themselves never helped the others. I also only got 20 cent raise.. the basic 2% raise as I was told while the rest of the company got bigger raises. One benefit was an extended illness bank where originally you could use those hours for anytime you or your children were sick. It then turned into only if you were admitted into the hospital was the only time you could use those hours. You’d send emails to the providers and some would be open to the questions on documentation while others wouldn’t even reply back. But like I said, the other departments seemed to get along and joke and hang out and knew each other and seemed to have the support of higher ups. The CEO makes it a point to sit with you once a year and get to know you.
Pros
Paid holidays, flexible schedule, upper management is passionate
Cons
Lack of communication, no consistency, very cliquey, low raises
Stressfull
CMA (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDDecember 11, 2018
There are to many ups and downs, training is not the best, there are double standards shown towards those that are liked and disliked in the office.

You do know who to trust
A small depressing nursing home with bad staff and little cooperation
Cook/ Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staunton, ILDecember 9, 2018
Heritage Health is a nursing home for the dead and the dying. Most of the staff that is hired are generally desperate lazy people with more will to complain than work. The management in the nursing department is deplorable and lazy. The entire home is in constant need of repair with equipment in the kitchen constantly breaking down. The residents are often unhappy or bored with their living conditions.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Bad coworkers and erratic work schedules
Great staff
Physical, Occupational Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 1, 2018
Really enjoyed working with the patients. The physical and Occupational therapist took me and helped me learn the importance of this field. i am truly grateful for this opportunity.
Great place to work, especially when wanting to build your experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoopeston, ILOctober 16, 2018
I was still in high school when working at Heritage Health, so they did really well with scheduling around my extra curricular activities. Heritage also offers tuition reimbursement for CNA courses which I think is a great opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short staffed
Fkexible schedule. Great benefits.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 18, 2018
Your position is unsecured. tremendous turnover.. Inadequate management. Working over and above your job requirements is not recognized. . Wages not compensated based on local market studies.

Pros
Flexible work
Cons
Never know when yoyr job will end
two stars
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 17, 2018
not good for a primary source of income, make sure this is just a side job other wise you could lose everything, Nothing there is stable and you can tell when you first start working there.
People Just Don't Care
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILSeptember 17, 2018
People that do nothing are allowed to continue to do so, while the hard workers, which are few, are forced to pick up the slack. The pay is low. The work is hard. There is no appreciation. It is also not a professional work environment. There are groups of employees that are allowed to commit workplace bullying and harassment.
A stressful place to work
CMA (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 28, 2018
There was clearly set cliques as well as favored employees. It felt like patients were rushed through. The entire place was fairly chaotic and overall stressful. Lots of patient complaints.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Most unprofessional place I've worked
Heritage Health
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 14, 2018
There are good days and bad days in every work environment. Do you have support from your team on both those days? I don't know that on the bad days, our higher ups really care. My MGR is amazing. The providers I work with are amazing. The CMAs I work with are amazing. The higher ups? Seem to be more like politicians. Every meeting we have with them, they introduce themselves....every...single...time. "Ok, I've been here almost 3 years now. I KNOW who you are. You see them every once in awhile and even then- it's a quick hi hello, I don't really care about your problems or concerns. E-mails rarely get answered unless it's "sorry, I am away at this time." Family time outside of work? unheard of. Sure, HH is good for the community. They are very giving to all except their own.
Pros
Work family. The team I work with is AMAZING.
Cons
Higher ups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HERITAGE HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.