HERITAGE HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Patients Are All Great and Full of LOVE
Assistant Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 21, 2019
My typical day started out with a 30 minutes meeting. I learned that my work load was too much for one person that had to fill in for the receptionist all the time. Direct manager was great! The job was very difficult and I worked many hours to get caught up. The most I enjoyed about my job was the patients. I absolutely LOVE and MISS them, dearly!
Pros
Patients are so sweet
Cons
Work load too large for one person and no advancement
One of the best companies I've worked for
COTA / Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Bandera, TXMarch 18, 2019
Company puts patient care and employees first over profit margins. Company had realistic productivity goals. Management and corporate had a great attitude, culture and encouraged individual self improvement and offered great education benefits.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Industry is soemtimes at the mery of national and state legislation.
Poor company to work with in maintaining a highly sought after contract.
Community Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2019
This company did not support the therapists. They repeatedly and without explanation removed payment from employees pay. They continuously removed expected pay from the therapists without valid explanation to compensate for poor contract negotiation.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, Poor planning for customer expectation, Poor appreciation for employee efforts to maintain their contract.
On the surface looks okay but is actually a terrible place.
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Chanute, KSMarch 11, 2019
Management is terrible. New administrator screams at staff and calls them expletive stupid. Forces extra work on other deptartments and changes protocol as he sees fit. No appreciation for overtime. I was a manager and worked 70 hrs a wk for 3 wks and got yelled at when i wanted time off after deptartment was fully staffed. New admin is firing old staff and replacing with his friends.
Pros
Residents and some staff
Cons
Administration
Worse management team who are lazy and fake
MA (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 25, 2019
The supervisors would never take responsibility and definately had their "favorites" whom they would allow to get away with almost anything. The harder you work the more work they give you to do even if it's not your responsibility. No bonuses. No Breaks when they are required by state law to get at least One every 2hrs. They were always short staff because the "bosses" were always in meetings. Some of the drs were completely unprofessional and throw tantrums to get away with what they wanted. They will not honor your Drs restrictions as they needed to by law. The "Supervisors" do things behind your back and when you leave the company or get fired they go around the entire facility telling them lies such as that the person left because she was stealing or they left very well compensated with enough money to buy a new wardrobe. They are pathetic, fake and lazy. Things got worse after the merge with Providence. You are overworked and underpaid.Wish they had a 0 as an option for the poor management that they have!
Pros
Some of the co-workers actually worked hard, the patients became like family.
Cons
Worse management I've ever had to work with.
Poorly managed
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 21, 2019
Overworked..underpaid.... management is always in meetings or door always closed ... short staffed agency called for temp hires which manager sends back once she feels they don’t suit her high turnover . Culture has changed since takeover ohhh and raises per year 22. Cents if lucky
Promotions non existent...management looks away when a problem arises. Patients are worth it but as a single mother I’d make more $$$ at in n out
Pros
Awesome patients
Cons
Management is terrible and no options for growth outside is hired instead of within
Didnot like job. The ratio of nurse to patient very high.
LPN-CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 12, 2019
Unable to chart and get all work done during your shift. Not enough help. Too many patients for 1 nurse to take care of. Company expected nurse to work 40 hours a week and be on call. Managers did not treat everyone equal, they had there pets. Very hostile environment to work in.
Pros
8 hours shift
Cons
Could not finish all work during the shift but not allowed to work overtime.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJanuary 30, 2019
Clean and comforting environment. Some good and bad employees as all places will have, some days are fruatrating when nurses don't take your opinions seriously or listen to what you tell them about changes in residents behaviors. But it's a good place to work
Pros
Make lots of friends, good enviroment
Cons
Cant be in 7 places at once and its a shame
The job was easy
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 26, 2019
This work place was good for me starting out. Everyone treated each other with respect. I enjoyed working with the elderly people and helping them. We all pull together to get the job done. The management their was good other than a few small issues.
Pros
Eat free each meal, well respected, and safe environment
Cons
Short breaks, minimum wage, only a 22 cent raise in a year
Clean, warm, loving and safe environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 25, 2019
I was able to learn a lot with this company. They have a great staff that cares for the well-being of their residents. Working with them has improved my skills.
Enjoyed the patients and other ancillary services
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIJanuary 24, 2019
I would be given an assigned unit and get report from prior shift right away. Then do visual checks on each patient room. Then start morning medication pass/treatment pass depending on plan of care. Then upon returning from breakfast would start assessments. Start recording these assessment vs finishing treatment plans. Then start noon med pass. While patients were at lunch finish the written assessments. Upon return from lunch, finish what tasks were still assigned and check in with final check of CNA's for other specific information regarding patients.
Pros
employee comrradity.
Cons
call ins of staff
It was a laid back company
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working with the same patients every day. It was like you became a part of their family. I liked making their day a little brighter, I got to meet some great people
Pros
The flexabilty
Cons
the pay, no mileage for all the driving you did
serving the elderly
Cook (Current Employee) –  El Paso, ILJanuary 17, 2019
The residents were wonderful to take car. Management is not the greatest, at times very stressful. Hardest part was team work was not the greatest, stressful at times.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
attitude from co workers
enjoyed my co-workers.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 16, 2019
At the time I worked at Heritage, management was changing. I felt the manager there when I hired on was good. She worked with staff for scheduling conflicts and short-staffing issues, vacations and needed days off. Individual floor managers were also good and very helpful. Most of the staff were good team players and worked well together.
Pros
schedules flexibility, good staff
Cons
Alot of turnover with staff leading to short staff issues
Good company to work with, do give christmas bonus
Nurse Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJanuary 13, 2019
Over all I've been very pleased with how this company handle employees, very respectful,& love the weekly pay. Do wish they pay for travel time, but unfortunately they don't.
Pros
Good company/ great staff
Cons
No benefits at all
Very bad management
CALL CENTER REP/medical records/ma (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDDecember 17, 2018
While working for this company for a number of years all it took was a poor choice in upper management change the entire feel of working for this company. What was once a fun relaxed place to work turned into a very stressful place of employment
Petaluma oncology
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 13, 2018
The staff treat our patients like family. When one person needs help the team lends a hand. Management is caring and very knowledgeable about different aspects from many levels of job duties. I love being a part of this office. We all work together and strive to provide the care each person deserves. The core values are met ever day by all the wonderful people here. I will not say it's an easy job; however I will say I love my job.
Pros
Team efforts
Cons
Not enough staffing
Overall good place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILNovember 30, 2018
Relaxed environment. Helpful coworkers and smiling faces. The people cared about the residents. Management was okay. But there could have been more communication
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Not many hours
Heritage is a typical Contract Company. The management is fair, the Benefits average.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 30, 2018
This company is good to work for. It is helpful that they have quite a few facilities so that one can move around and get hours if needed. It seems very focused on productivity, which in some cases with some managers, makes the workplace drudgery as there is little time to engage with other staff and build relationships. Most of my managers have been fair, but the paperwork required of the OT and PT lent itself to a high turnover.
Pros
Multiple facilities
Cons
High productivity and pressure for time utilization. At times, poor support from management.
Not a place I’d want to work again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 20, 2018
Heritage is very unorganized and filthy. The CNA do not care for their residents. I was a shower aide and they expected me to give 20-30 residents a good bath from 6am-2pm but still have to serve and clean up breakfast and lunch! Almost an impossible task, they are understaffed. The nurses never want to help if you’re falling behind and need assistance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HERITAGE HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.