Heritage Manor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very bad place to work
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KY 42066April 11, 2018
Had to oversee an unnerving amount of psyche patients from the state. At one point had to oversee seven pedophiles on one floor. was not given raises as they were promised
no longer available
Food Service Aide/Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 21, 2018
the nursing home shut down no longer available. it's very sad that it closed as many people worked there for such a long time and those were the people who cared and the resident had to move from there homes which is sad
Very busy and fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMarch 13, 2018
The mornings are very busy, very fast paced. They normally are short on workers, but we always pull it off. The evenings are a little better, they tend to be short sometimes as well, but once again everyone gets the job done. The nights go by very slow, there is not much to do at night. The residents mostly all seem happy, its not your typical nursing home. The hardest part of the job for me is not being able to spend enough time with each resident. The most enjoyable part would be making the residents smile.
Pros
Getting to help the residents, Being able to put a smile on their faces.
Cons
The lack of appreciation given, the lack of staffing, the employees are underpaid.
stressful
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Elroy, WIMarch 2, 2018
what i really loved about this job was working with the people that lived there; manager wanted me to come in while i was sick and told to get some fresh air to see if that helps
Horrible Experience
Business Office Liaison (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2018
We went through 3 different Executive Directors when I was there. Pay freeze for years and they were unfair and broke laws with their employees rights
Pros
Met a lot of great people from different cultures
Cons
The company and how they ran things was unethical.
Quick-paced
Dishwasher/Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 17, 2018
It's a great work environment all that needs to be done is work quickly and efficiently with co-workers. A typical day has nearly everyone finished a few hours early.
Old Folks Home
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 3, 2018
The atmosphere was quiet due to hours of working grave yard shift. The people working were wonderful and so were the tenants. The hardest part of the job was getting close to the people and then watching them pass.
Competitive
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Highly competitive performance based position. Difficult to excel is a stressful work environment. Co- workers were supportive and friendly.
The hardest part was pleasing my supervisor without being given guidance.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Politics
Fun but fast-paced work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Gillespie, ILDecember 30, 2017
My day typically started with saying hi to the last couple of residents in my dining room before clearing it to begin to clean. After both of the dining rooms were clean, I made my way around the facility to say hi to more residents before going back to get my cart ready to pass snacks. The management at Heritage Manor was highly friend-based and if you were not on the manager's "good side", you were looked over. The hardest part of the job was having to leave. I loved working with the wonderful residents.
fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 29, 2017
loved getting to know my patients! and the people I worked with were very friendly and always had a positive attitude about the place they worked and the people they took care of.
Great people to work with
Summer Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILDecember 28, 2017
The supervisor was helpful and taught me many skills. Was able to work independently and as a team to get multiple projects done in a short amount of time.
Productive and fun place to work as long as the most recent Administrator wasn't around me.
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 23, 2017
I went to several meetings, did schedules, ordered stock, created menus and tray card tickets. Budgeted cost of inventory. Talk to residents about likes and dislikes, needs. Co workers would try to help each other as much as possible. Friendly towards each other and the residents. The Administrator was very demeaning to me and would yell at me in front of my staff, co workers, and other people in the facility. My staff felt very uncomfortable when her and I were in the kitchen together. Working with her was the hardest part of my job. I loved working with everyone else and most enjoyable was serving the residents.
Okay, if youre working part-time!!!
Rec.staff for dementia education (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 3, 2017
They need to listen more to the workers!!! Or offer more money!! To the employees who works everyday of the week plus weekends ,or that does doubles !!!
Pros
Having amazing co-workers/An amazing boss
Cons
Cutting personal days/ low pay
Great People
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Heritage Manor of Houma. Weekday and weekend staff is great. Residents Seemed you be happy. Could use more activities for the residents.
This is a four star nursing facility where excellent care is paramount
Social Service Director (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 21, 2017
This is a day position which begins with a meeting with nursing and department heads to share information regarding resident care status to keep everyone up to date. There may be new residents to consider for needs in care. Management is guided by the Hawkeye network who purchased Heritage several years ago. When I was the social worker we initiated skilled level of care which has an excellent reputation. The guidelines are standardized and communicated fairly by management and the HR department. The culture generally is upbeat, friendly, and helpful. I worked there twice, each time for a couple years. Compensation was an issue for me. The last time as a social worker was 2004-2007.
Pros
Everyone works for the greater good.
Cons
Sometimes there could be more staff and more financial incentives.
they weren't a good place to work for back then
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 24, 2017
they weren't good to work for back in the day when i worked for them because it had so much mess going on an the patients weren't being properly cared for
Pros
people half did their work and you had to clean up behind them
Cons
housekeeping
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of aiding the residents to their desired places based on their schedules and interacting with residents for positive social activity. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things from the residents and being able to spend time with them.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LASeptember 12, 2017
A typical day consisted of caring for geriatric residents, in which each have their own rooms down every hall. Your supervisor is willing to work with you on hours and if you are a good worker, you can receive a lot of overtime.
Too much stress
Payroll, HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 23, 2017
Very very very stressful regardless of being a faithful employee. More surprise jobs on a daily basis. It made every ones job unbearable. Very rude Management
Okay place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 23, 2017
Job is super easy. Will not gain any challenge or knowledge. There's never supplies. The supplies that are there are cheap. Facility needs to be upgraded.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not safe area