Heritage Medical Associates, P.C. Employee Reviews

Tasks performed at current position.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2019
I have performed a variety of task here. From scheduling patient's appointments, checking in and out patients, verification of insurance, payments of co-pays or balances on accounts, closing for the day of balancing the money, phones, etc.

I have learned about the different insurances, payments, etc.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients that are irate, but I handle them pretty well.

The most enjoyable part is seeing a smile on the patient's face.
A real laugh...
Billing (Former Employee) –  BaptistMay 20, 2019
If you want to be micro managed and treated like a child in 1st grade then you will love it. The managers thought they were above and beyond everyone else. NOT concerned about care they want the money. The doctors screw around with the nurses like no one has sense enough to see what's happening. The place is a joke for a job. The pay sucks and long as you kiss butt or screw one of Drs everything is great..
Pros
Cons
No TALKING....put your finger over your mouth
Lab is under-prioritized but it’s a day job!
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2019
Recently moved to the 1st floor, unfortunately we didn’t get the space needed to accommodate the instrumentation badly needed for our very high volume of samples. Volume has tripled since I first started but no space or instruments have been added. People are overall nice, but its a very tight knit group that can often feel cliquish. No room for advancement. However, it’s a day job with no nights, no weekends, and no holidays that you have to work. You also get an hour for lunch! If you don’t mind working very hard during your 8 hours, you prefer to follow rather than lead, and your hands/wrists/thumbs can take a beating its a decent place to work.
Pros
Day shift, hour lunch (lab/phlebotomy only)
Cons
Carpal Tunnel
Used to be a good place to wirk
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2019
No loyalty to employees, management is poor . No potential advancement. Cost of living raise needed. Grown so rapidly they have forgotten to care about their employees and the jobs they do.
I loved working at Heritage
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 11, 2019
I worked at Heritage for 7 years (Green Hills Peds, Cool Springs Peds, and Cool Springs Ob/Gyn). Not only was it a great place to work, they also provider outstanding medical care. I would refer anyone I know to any of the offices I worked in.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
lower RN pay than hospitals
Fast Paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2019
A Registered nurse generally brings back the patient gets weight, height and history. Collaborate with the physician and determine what immunizations are needed. Moving quickly from room to room to stay on task and time.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2019
this company is a great company some things like every company has its issues here and there but nothing extreme , overall i loved working for them but couldnt make a living with the compensation i was getting
Work-Life
Customer Service Representative/Business Office (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2018
The customer service position does not offer any flexible times far as schedules. The benefits are great. Training is on the job training. Pay raises annually.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Medical Assistant / scheduler (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2018
I have loved all my coworkers, everyone looks out for eaach other and if one is having a bad day others will try to pick them up and make their day a little better....awesome people to work with at the coolsprings office
it was ok place in some offices
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
the hardest part of the job was going into that place were there was no communication and the management was not good . but my site manager was awesome .
Pros
we got discount for meals
Cons
we got hourly lunch breaks
closely work with doctors
Front Office Coordinator/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
This place offers basic benefits. They have a yearly holiday party and a yearly employee lunch. Management is basic at best. There is room for advancement if you "know" somebody. Other than that, raises are low and the pay is beneath anyone that is capable of doing the job. Its hard to get fired from this place, which sucks when they hire people that should have never been hired. The patients make the day. There is no clear structure. You are managed by a site manager and work directly for a doctor. You're the lowest on the totem pole. You basically live here, and sleep at home.
Pros
patients
Cons
pay
Fun fast paced
Customer Service Representative/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 10, 2018
I would recommend this job too anyone with receptionist and medical assisting skills. Great company friendly employees. Multi phone line- patient scheduling
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNAugust 26, 2018
I love working at Heritage Medical. This is a great learning job lots of nurses and doctors to help you along the way. The doctors are quick paced but will stop to help you. The for the most part are helpful, but there are some who don't won't you to advance further than them. The only con is the cut-throat people who want you to fail if you are better than they are. This place is filled with drama, just like a high school but with adults. No Job is perfect but this is the only drawback that I have found.
Pros
benefits, teaching job, salary, friendly doctors.
Cons
Lots of backstabbing drama
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2018
I loved working at Heritage Medical. They are employee oriented and offered a lot of opportunities to work on committees for company parties and activities. It was hard work and fast paced, however the management and HR ensured employees felt as if they are a part of something bigger than a job. The company is involved in outside charities and fund raising events.
Pros
Cons
Pay was good, but could have been better and opportunities for advancement were limited.
crazy
Medical Assistant / Surgery scheduler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37206June 20, 2018
Drs are wrong and practice wrong, they do what is easy and not what is right don't call them out on it you will be unemployed , even if you took it to the main people
Pros
Cons
everything
terrible company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 11, 2018
they will make you feel very small with no opportunity for learning ability or advance placement because they simply have no time due to the over turn rate. they also will belittle you for being a new MA in the work force or a new staff member with a lot of unnecessary cattiness. not a professional environment
Good workplace with nice coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2018
Enjoyed working there. All needing training was paid for. Achieved my ACLS and BLS certification for free. Held Christmas party yearly. Bonuses and Clothing allowances were paid yearly.
Pros
Good working staff
Cons
Short breaks/ lunches
Overall review
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2018
Medical field is competitive when it comes to working for a group or practice. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clinical staff, physicians and the patients.
Pros
Employees, patients
Cons
HR Manager, compensation, discrimination in hiring process
A good place to work
Receptionist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 20, 2018
I have worked here for almost 10 years and in that time I have very much enjoyed working here. My reason for leaving has nothing to do with the company, I am simply moving from Tennessee to Washington. I have enjoyed a great relationship with my co-workers, patients and the management of this company.
Large Company with small company feel.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NashvilleMarch 9, 2018
I loved working there and the people I worked with. Just got tired of the long drive twice a day. I was first there and many times last to leave. I did a lot of extra work , not because I had to, but because I knew no one else wanted to do it. The doctors and N.P.'s I worked for treated us all like family.
Pros
Family atmosphere at work.
Cons
Long drive to and from work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Medical Associates, P.C.. Our community is ready to answer.

Heritage Medical Associates, P.C. Reviews by Location