Heritage Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Stagnant wages
Med. Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJuly 16, 2018
Overworked, underpayed and understaffed. If you complain they threaten to outsource. The rare cost of living pay increases are canceled out by increased benefits cost . Seniority means nothing. Education means nothing. Uncertified people working due to shortages that management refuses to address.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many to list!
Challenging yet rewarding work environment
Transcription Report Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAJune 3, 2018
Was afforded the opportunity to challenge myself and others. I had exposure to cross-training. Supervisors allowed me the room to thrive and grow my department and those I worked with.
Very fast paced job, must be inept with to maintaining your safety as well as others
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2018
Required to make face to face contact with individual who at times actively experience some form of psychosis, developing crisis intervention plans, collaboration with treatment team for difficult cases.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Could be dangerous at times
Sub-par
Registered Nurse- Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 19, 2018
A typical community hospital. They used to compete with the city hospitals but that is no more. Management is fairly poor and most often times will not listen to staff. We are often short staffed during the winter months. Good benefits/insurance.
Would still be there if it wasnt for management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 15, 2018
When most of the night time staffing is agency compared to your regular staffing it's sad. The pcas are asked and begged to double every day as with the rns. Co workers are awesome between house keeping, pcas,rns,unit clerks and monitor techs. I would not recommend it to any friends of mine or family members.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
management staffing.
Employment Rewarding
Medical Biller/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Baden, PAMarch 12, 2018
HVHS is excellent place to work.
You day is full from the time you clock in til the time you leave.
There is always work.
It's a very rewarding job.
I would recommend HVHS to everyone.
Horrible leads and middle management
Radiology (Current Employee) –  BeaverMarch 11, 2018
Wonderful skilled staff leaving at an alarming rate do to lead and middle management. Department leads do little to nothing to help with pt. load but expect you to bend over backwards for department all while they are busy sending emails about having too many towels in a room or an unapproved extra urinal. Constantly changing schedules because they are unable to fill positions as fast as resignations are flooding in. Leads are very unprofessional and demonstrate vindictive, secretive behavior, which has caused many skilled employees to leave.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, gossiping unprofessional department leads, dictating lead behavior.
Used to be a great place to work but has gone down hill
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 2, 2018
Used to be a great place to work but has gone down hill. Always under staffed and overworked. Upper management is difficult to deal with. Pay and benefits are good though.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits, retirement
Cons
Unsafe work environment at times, always overworked and under staffed, don’t always get breaks or lunches.
Mixed Feelings
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 21, 2018
I definitely had and still have mixed feelings about working at Heritage Valley. I gained a lot of experience, but the environment and management wasn't great. I was exposed to some things in the medical field that people can only dream about. There isn't much room for moving up the food chain.
Pros
Work and life experiences
High pay, low morale
RN (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Pays highest RN rate in the area, but has little regard for RN's. Micro-managed in every department. Staff morale is very low. No respect for long time employees, no matter their position.
lack of accountability
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 16, 2018
I prefer not to write a review about this company.
I have left it more than 3 years ago. I hope that the work environment has since improved and the financial picture has changed.
Don't waste time working here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Pay rate for LPN is $16.00 when you can go right across the street and make $20.80.
Don't waste time here every other place in Beaver county pays around $19.50-$23.00 to lpns. The staff is so overworked and burnt out.
Pros
Was close to my home
Cons
Pay per hour is below adverage
Energetic work place w great benefits
Medical Records Scanner (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Fast-past, hardworking place w great benefits and fair pay. Interaction w people, and a way to grow your skills and learn new ones. A great place to gain advancement in a medical field.
Fast paced environment. With high turnover rates.
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAJanuary 25, 2018
A typical day at work is usually fast paced and often stressful. The stress isn't caused by my responsibilities at work but from being understaffed. I would consider my job responsibilities as easy, just sometimes tedious. The employees as a whole all get along and help one another when possible, but often are too busy to assist others when needed. Management isn't the greatest and often adds unneeded stress to the job. I enjoy working in the hospital environment and working with cardiac patients. I have learned to confidently read and interpret EKG's but I feel that I have already learned all that I am going to learn from my position, and I do not have any room for advancement without more schooling/certifications. I personally do not enjoy my job because its not engaging enough for me. I feel that I am not utilizing my own personal potential.
Pros
only work 4 days a week (two 8 hour shifts, two 12 hour shifts)
Cons
understaffed, pay, no room for further advancement from my position.
Hvhs it
Windows Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, PAJanuary 10, 2018
When you are hired management trusts everything you say.

If you make a mistake or are not able to provide an adequate explanation you are effectively excommunicated. Management operates with a level of paranoia, based on past experiences. This translates to many employees feeling like they are walking on eggshells.

Best Part:Not being micromanaged, good pay (if you're not outsourced)

Worst Part: sub-department compartmentalization. Management always keeps its cards close and away from employees. IT is operationally reactionary and appears to have no plan to transition to a proactive status.
okay
Medical Technologist-Generalist (per-diem) (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAJanuary 3, 2018
okay and worked in order to pay bills and handle a single woman's responsibility.Sewicley has allowed me obtain further experience in PCR, microbiology, fluid analysis and hematology instruments in their lab.
Pros
okay
Cons
okay
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PANovember 15, 2017
Great Organization, wonderful place to work. Accommodating work/life issues. Good pay, great benefits. People/co-workers were great to work with. Enjoyed coming to work every day.
Would have loved to retire from HVHS but relocated.
Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAOctober 2, 2017
Heritage Valley Health System, Sewickley Campus,is a powerhouse hospital in a quaint town outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Top notch staff and facility.
Excellent benefits, great training and advancement opportunities.
Environmental Services/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PASeptember 21, 2017
Excellent benefits and pay. Constantly outsourcing various departments. This is necessary to be competitive in today's healthcare environment. Plenty of opportunities to transfer out of one department to another. Nursing staff is to notch.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Understaffed in all departments
experienced in many clerk duties
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PASeptember 18, 2017
trained in all aspects of front office clerk/receptionist, always learning new things. like working with the patients. this is a residency program where we have 18 resident doctors to help learn through their experience in family medicine
Pros
close to home
Cons
medical benefits are expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight