Heritage Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work always understaffed you are mentally abused by management on a daily basis
Former environmental service worker (Former Employee) –  Beaver PennsylvaniaSeptember 1, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone working here yes the benefits are good but the mental abuse it's horrible environmental services is the worst you will be mentally abused on a daily basis always understaffed the ones who work hard is treated badly the ones who stand around are treated like gold not a good department at all
Pros
Benefits an pay
Cons
Management is horrible
Poor management
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  PCUAugust 28, 2018
Full of nepotism No chance to advance. I applied for an ED position and was told I didn't have any experience but the position was given to a nurse aide who flunked her boards and they waited 90 days for her to retake then gave her the position. I had a scheduled vacation and unbeknownst to me my manager gave it to a brand new employee because they complained. Seniority means nothing. So I left and went to work in a physicians office and per Human resources I would maintain my seniority. Not! It was like going to prison. Oh and the rules change daily to accommodate management.
Work mostly 7-7 more daylight as a lot of RNs like nights. Need extra money no extra time now with agency nurses
Rn Telementry (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAAugust 27, 2018
On Telementry unit we have 4-5 pts . We do majority of medications at 8 am. So my first rounds usually for me take 1-2 hours as they call for pts to go to tests. I do full assessment in the pts. Then document and answer call lights as PCA has 10-15 pts depending on census . Then time for medications and dressing changes. There are many new graduate nurses starting and nurses with less than 5 years experience. Added now are 5 agency nurses.i do enjoy patient and family contact.
great place to work
MRI Technologist/Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAAugust 21, 2018
great place to labor, nice benefit package, helpful managers and coworkers, great retirement plan, pto, vacation and personal days off always granted, no exceptions,.
High Stress Level /Underappreciation shown towards staff.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAAugust 16, 2018
Not enough staff. High stress level. Heartless management.
However, the employees do their best under the circumstances
that are thrust upon them. It's a shame because HVHS has the ability to be a leader in healthcare. Maybe they need some fresh management in there???? Management
that cares??
Pros
Nice equipment.
Cons
Crazy shifts. Mandatory overtime. No incentive.
Fantastic Co workers & managers
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAAugust 15, 2018
Great co-workers and managers @ Beaver & Sewickly. HVHS HR has great orientation. Unless you live and breathe hospital culture, not a great balance in life and work.
Worked for over 15 years
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAAugust 4, 2018
I always wanted to work for The Medical Center or Sewickley Hospital. Once I got a chance I took the first job offered to get my foot in the door. I was promoted quickly to Help Desk and it was great for about 5 years. But the IT dept had dramatic change in management and it became very challenging and eventually we were replaced with contractors and I got laid off. No loyalty -sacrificed quality for dollars
Stagnant wages
Med. Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJuly 16, 2018
Overworked, underpayed and understaffed. If you complain they threaten to outsource. The rare cost of living pay increases are canceled out by increased benefits cost . Seniority means nothing. Education means nothing. Uncertified people working due to shortages that management refuses to address.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many to list!
Decent place to work
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2018
Health insurance decently priced, but doe not cover much. Flexible shifts. Decent nurse to patient ratio. Great management. Great staff culture. Decent retirement.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
insurance
Challenging yet rewarding work environment
Transcription Report Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAJune 3, 2018
Was afforded the opportunity to challenge myself and others. I had exposure to cross-training. Supervisors allowed me the room to thrive and grow my department and those I worked with.
Very fast paced job, must be inept with to maintaining your safety as well as others
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2018
Required to make face to face contact with individual who at times actively experience some form of psychosis, developing crisis intervention plans, collaboration with treatment team for difficult cases.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
Could be dangerous at times
Sub-par
Registered Nurse- Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 19, 2018
A typical community hospital. They used to compete with the city hospitals but that is no more. Management is fairly poor and most often times will not listen to staff. We are often short staffed during the winter months. Good benefits/insurance.
Would still be there if it wasnt for management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 15, 2018
When most of the night time staffing is agency compared to your regular staffing it's sad. The pcas are asked and begged to double every day as with the rns. Co workers are awesome between house keeping, pcas,rns,unit clerks and monitor techs. I would not recommend it to any friends of mine or family members.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
management staffing.
Employment Rewarding
Medical Biller/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Baden, PAMarch 12, 2018
HVHS is excellent place to work.
You day is full from the time you clock in til the time you leave.
There is always work.
It's a very rewarding job.
I would recommend HVHS to everyone.
Horrible leads and middle management
Radiology (Current Employee) –  BeaverMarch 11, 2018
Wonderful skilled staff leaving at an alarming rate do to lead and middle management. Department leads do little to nothing to help with pt. load but expect you to bend over backwards for department all while they are busy sending emails about having too many towels in a room or an unapproved extra urinal. Constantly changing schedules because they are unable to fill positions as fast as resignations are flooding in. Leads are very unprofessional and demonstrate vindictive, secretive behavior, which has caused many skilled employees to leave.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, gossiping unprofessional department leads, dictating lead behavior.
Used to be a great place to work but has gone down hill
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 2, 2018
Used to be a great place to work but has gone down hill. Always under staffed and overworked. Upper management is difficult to deal with. Pay and benefits are good though.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits, retirement
Cons
Unsafe work environment at times, always overworked and under staffed, don’t always get breaks or lunches.
Mixed Feelings
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 21, 2018
I definitely had and still have mixed feelings about working at Heritage Valley. I gained a lot of experience, but the environment and management wasn't great. I was exposed to some things in the medical field that people can only dream about. There isn't much room for moving up the food chain.
Pros
Work and life experiences
High pay, low morale
RN (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Pays highest RN rate in the area, but has little regard for RN's. Micro-managed in every department. Staff morale is very low. No respect for long time employees, no matter their position.
lack of accountability
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 16, 2018
I prefer not to write a review about this company.
I have left it more than 3 years ago. I hope that the work environment has since improved and the financial picture has changed.
Don't waste time working here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Pay rate for LPN is $16.00 when you can go right across the street and make $20.80.
Don't waste time here every other place in Beaver county pays around $19.50-$23.00 to lpns. The staff is so overworked and burnt out.
Pros
Was close to my home
Cons
Pay per hour is below adverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight