Hermann Drive Surgical Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Horrible place to work. They really don’t care about their employees or patients. They staff dangerously unsafe and leadership puts all the responsibility on the staff employees.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Productivity brought in line resulting in minimal overtime of unit
Director of Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMay 20, 2018
Position was temporary for 6 months to act as change agent and develop staff. Developed a streamline process for staff nurses to run unit as independent unit. Accomplished goal. Decreased use of agency nurses by 50 percent through hiring and retaining quality staff. Worked closely with physicians to improve confidence in staff and improve outcomes. Accomplished goal and improved census. Worked closely with research team to become more compliant and have better outcomes for research studies. Improved patient satisfaction scores from 85%to 95% which was highest hospital had in years. Also increased patient response to satisfaction participation in survey from 5% to 95%.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Wish I could have stayed forever
Heading in the right direction
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
This is a smaller company that is trying to stay relevant and financially stable in a very competitive industry. The organization is quick to make changes.
Would stay here until retirement if I felt like it had job security
montior tech CNA UNIT CLERCK (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job for the most part is my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that not knowing if you will have one tomorrow or not. The work culture is well diverse and I love that. The management team for the most part is awesome. I learned how to accept change when it comes. A typical day a work is calm but steady.
Pros
Happy enviroment to work in
Cons
Not a secure
may as well have been a temp job
Materials Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
My position was eliminated only 7 months into having the position. In effect, it was a temp job. The culture was good, but the work wasn't very challenging. I spent a large part of my day on the internet bc there just wasn't much to do.