Hermiston School District Employee Reviews

Hard to Advance
Special Education Aide (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 17, 2019
It was a nice place for a while but do not express your opinion or make suggestions if you are not teacher or above. they do not like classified input and will make it uncomfortable to be there.
Pros
summer and breaks off
Cons
management
over crowded
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJanuary 22, 2019
Hermiston school is large and very crowded, the class sizes are to big and many students are over looked. They should worry more about the student and education provided than what sports league they qualify for.
Pros
Some college courses
Cons
over crowded
Poor workplace for people with a non-educator background
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORDecember 24, 2018
Culture within the organization is poor. The superintendent led by fear and intimidation and fired several people with little to no documentation or counseling.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORAugust 3, 2018
Good and relaxed place to work
Wish there was more plans for benefits instead of not receiving any. Like setting my own schedule was nice throughout the year.
Poor
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJuly 14, 2018
Poor pay. Drama with teachers talking badly about students to other teachers and other staff (which is never okay), No dress code enforcement, entitled people working here.
the staff was good
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 18, 2018
The day`s were busy it varied some day`s had extra activities I was able to learn how to use different machines. I used time management wisely. The hardest time was the summer clean-up. The most enjoyable part was being able to visit with some of the teacher`s and to get to know them better
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Changing Supervisors
far from premier
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 6, 2018
The district is very cliquey and unwelcoming. There is lots of gossip. Personal relationships are more important that your teaching abilities. They say they strive to be premier but offer little support to new teachers. If someone that is from the community wants your position or someone in an administration position doesn't like you they will push you out of the district.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 4, 2018
Great place to work with exceptional hard-working staff members. Competitive pay and benefits compared with other neighboring school districts. Hours are long (as compared with any teaching job).
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Hours required to do job well.
Good people
7th and 8th grade American History teacher (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, OROctober 22, 2017
I loved working at this school! The staff really cared about the kids and the admin was great! I loved my time there and wish I didn't have to move away. I still keep in contact with folks from that school.
Hermiston School District
Restricted Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORSeptember 17, 2017
Hermiston Schools are Great. Many caring teachers at the High School & Middle School level. Love being a Substitute. Most teachers prepare lessons & leave good Sub notes making my job easy. I love interacting with students & the more I work the more students know me & are comfortable with me & understand what I expect. Students are fun to work with, I love teaching & typically the teachers provide good resources to carry out a plan for the day. If you are thinking about a career in education Hermiston SD is a great place to start. I have a Restricted Teaching License because I only possess a Bachelor's degree (in Agriculture). However I was a home-maker for 15-years, I've raised 4 children of my own & I home schooled them off & on over the years. I've always been involved in leadership with youth activities & youth sports & I was a classified substitute (teacher's aide) & parent volunteer in the schools before becoming a Substitute teacher. I have lots of experience teaching children. Hermiston Schools are a great place to start & they need teachers.
Pros
Easy work, easy hours.
Cons
No benefits
Good employer as far as substituting goes
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 21, 2017
Plenty of work if you aren't picky about what grades or subjects you teach. The job app if very helpful for scheduling your week out, although you have to stay on top of it as there are many other subs in the system.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
On call
Home Liaison
Home Liaison (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJuly 14, 2016
I would support the main office with phone calls, translations, and greeting parents. I was able to use fax machine, photo copie machines, scanner, etc.
It was nice to interact with parents, administrations, and teachers.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Low Pay
Not employed by district
High School Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORAugust 17, 2012
Great bunch of people who are dedicated to the community and its education.
Pros
committed
Cons
not any