HERO High School Employee Reviews

4.3Pay & Benefits
5.0Job Security & Advancement
College Teaching Course Assistant
College Course Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2017
As a college course teaching assistant in HERO High School, I was helping out students with their assignments in class, even organized classrooms too.
My passion is actively, effectively and efficiently helping out.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 5, 2015
A typical day at my work is like every other day: searching for areas in which I can apply myself and be able to help out weather on my duty list or not. I am a very active individual and I always try to remain engaged in my work place - doing everything within my capabilities to please the person I'm enlisted to!

If there was anything difficult for me within my job duties, it would be enduring those long idle moments that tend to dry out my system like a blood sucking leech draining out my energy by the second! Working hard gets people tired but with me, it is ironically the opposite - barely working is what gets me tired! But when I receive that smile of satisfactory from successfully being able to help any person that I'm assisting, it's like the boost of recharging a battery or as refreshing as cold cup of water in a dry desert. That, to me, is the most enjoyable part of any job in which I've played a role in!
Pros
Team player; active, competitive; self-motivated; responsible; good humored and enthusiastic under pressure; multi-tasker
Cons
Dislike idleness; Dislike early morning shifts (5am - 8am)
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2014
I tutor the 9th and 10th graders in algebra during the school day. I usually do this while I'm in class with them. I usually help them with their classwork either individually or group. The most enjoyable part is to be able to help a student understand something that they didn't really understand before.