Hero Practice Services Employee Reviews

1.9
Ratings breakdown
Vision
Vision Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 21, 2018
Dental side of hero is stressful, the vision area is completely different. I would recommend the vision department. They do it all but it's not as stressful as dental and you could feel the difference.
Pros
You get trained in all areas
Cons
Didnt really see rook to advance
Disappointing
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2018
Before hire was lied to about how great of a place it was. Everything about the company is a sham. They tell you there is always room for advancement, yet when the opportunity arises, you get shut down. They do not appreciate the hard work you put in. Always stay late and never get a full lunch.
I could go on but they are not worth it!
Overbooked,Fast Paced only about Money
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMay 5, 2018
If you like working in an overbooked,working through lunch leaving Late,usually Short Staffed over worked enviroment.Great this is where you want to work.Way to many things for employees to do not Financially compensated.
Pros
Med and Dental and 401k
Cons
Overbooked, Overworked, OverStressful Place.
Insulting to Dentists
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
This company has the worst management and worse yet, they pretend to care when you do actually complain but no one takes any action. One of the office managers was really incompetent and extremely disrespectful to the doctors. Why would any doctor work here and risk his or her license??? Also, they over-schedule patients and they don't care if you work into your lunch or after hours. Go somewhere else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many patients, disrespectful staff, bad equipment, bad work culture, very poor management
Horrible place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washing, DC Georgia Ave nw locationMarch 27, 2018
You get hired under the impression that everyone there is a big happy family that works together as a team. It’s not like that at all people rarely helped each other out everyone was for themselves and it’s always drama. You don’t get trained in there eyes your should already know everything when it’s different everywhere you work. They over work you to death don’t care how you feel most of the time your leaving late and it’s always busy so you don’t always get hour lunches. Poor management as well!
Pros
Office party’s, some employees were nice
Cons
Short breaks, No Pto, constantly being rushed
Contract Work
Provider Enrollment Specialist -Contract Work (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80903March 21, 2018
Worked with the Credentialing Manager as contract employee while I was finishing my masters and they looked for a full time replacement for their coordinator position. Flexible hours and great communication,
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
40 miles away
Horrible place to work
Da (Former Employee) –  LongmontMarch 11, 2018
Lack of communication, employees treated poorly, over book, poor pay, overwork you, blame everything on the assistances, certain favorites, no apprection for working there, no pay raise, no advancement. When you express your concern, nothing is taking into consideration.
Pros
Free dental care
Cons
Poor pay, treated pooly, lack of communication
The WORST job I've ever had
Vision Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 9, 2018
This was the worst and most disappointing job. Got hired with 15-20 other people and not even two months later, almost everyone quit. There literally were 5 of us left and they started hiring new people. Poorest management, they hire and don't train. They assume you should know everything and if you don't then they give you a review saying they are going to write you up but don't report it to HR, so when you call to see why you're even getting written up HR has no idea what's going on. Overall, save your time and go get a real job. If you like to be stepped on and feel like you're worthless, then apply!
Pros
Great Doctors
Cons
Absolutely horrific. Not worth it.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 16, 2018
I cannot stress enough how horrible of a place this is to work at. During the interview, I was informed that I would receive training on their practice models and flow of the office so that I would know what to do and how to fit into the practice. When I started, however, I received no help or training and when I asked for information I was told to "just figure it out" with their reasoning being "we didn't train anyone else so we aren't going to train you either". Needless to say, I would make mistakes that I wasn't aware I was doing which would lead to constantly being pulled aside and told I couldn't do anything right and everyone disliked me.

They do not try and make you a part of the team, and in fact, in my experience, they all worked together to make it miserable to work there until I finally quit. I had no help, no one to turn to, and ultimately felt completely alone. They lure people in with good benefits and the facade that there is a great team that helps each other and is focused on patient care when in reality they are such a horrible practice with such a high turn over rate, that they will say anything to get bodies in the office to work there. Since I left, 70% of the team that was there when I was there has quit as well.

Don't waste your time or sanity in that place. If you want to work in pediatrics, work at an office that doesn't have a bad reputation with the entire Spokane dental community. I have met several doctors that all say they are amazed that Hero hasn't been shut down for all of the unethical and horrendous practice models that they have.
Pros
"Benefits" - no one in the office even got benefits besides the doctors
Do not apply
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 5, 2018
Honestly, this job has the worst management I have seen at their call center. The only thing they care about is their numbers and not employees. Oh, if you’re not one of the favorites then you can forget about making any advancements in this company. The front office is even worse! They always have attitude or tend to blame everything on the call center. Complete lack of communication with hero practice services. Save yourself from stress, DO NOT APPLY!
Benefits
Cons
Management, lack of communication, stressful
The mission is what keeps me going
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 9, 2017
I am a current employee with this company. While there are things I would like to see improved around the office, I love what I do. I have been with this company for a while and I don't plan on leaving. Our mission is the main focus for most of us and if you stay out of the office politics and worry about yourself, it is quite rewarding to be a part of it all. Management believes in the mission overall and keeps it at the forefront. In the medical field there is a normal amount of turn-over. But with our fast paced environment, that can sometimes feel amplified because we feel the pain when even one team member is gone. To be honest, its not for everyone. You can't be in your phone all day, you have to be there on time, you need to be accountable for your time management and attitude. Also, it takes a lot to work with children in general, and its hard to see toddlers with extensive visible decay because their parents never knew it was important to care for baby teeth, or a pre-teen who has never been able to see the board at school because their parents never knew they should have their eyes professionally checked. But thats why we are here. To educate parents and patients so they can improve their quality of life for the rest of their lives. Its a lot some days. But when you put the patients first and remember what you are there for, it makes the long days worth it.

Some overall pros and cons are:

PROS: Average pay, rewarding feeling of helping children, decent office culture, bonuses, incentives, lots of benefits (401k, PTO, dental, vision, in house benefits, short
  more... term disability, long term disability, life insurance, dependent daycare account, flex spending, accident insurance), 7 paid holidays a year, most team members/ management genuinely care, and parents and patients are overall grateful and appreciative.

CONS: We see kids so you are expected at work anytime kids are out of school, good work/life balance can be hard for some, seasons with long hours (spring break, back to school, fall break, christmas break), training program needs re-structured and updated, seems to be a lot of turn over with staff when we are really busy.
Pros
Hour lunches most days, incentives, get to help children
Cons
Sometimes long hours, hard to take pto during holidays
Poorly
Vision technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 30, 2017
This job is good , but in Aurora is just busy no one has time to train you good . Supervisor doesn’t really checks on you . They want you to learn quick. Eye doctor was rude . People complain a lot a lot of drama .
Pros
1 hour of lunch, pay
Cons
No great training
Not the Best Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 20, 2017
Not only do the people in charge (CEO and regional managers) not know how to do their jobs, but they're unaware as to how to grow a business.
They treat their employees as if they're expendable and only focus on the numbers of the practice rather than the patients that they're trying to help.
Doctors tend to treat their staff as if they're also expendable.
No system of checks and balances.
The call center is an absolute joke. No one is properly trained and the staff in the practice ends up doing the job of the call center.
Dental and vision have a serious lack of communication.
Pros
Cheap glasses, dental cleanings, hour-long lunches.
Cons
No respect, compensation is not what it should be, upper management is a joke.
Very poor lack of communication
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
-Staff makes you feel you're A Burden To Train. A lot of sighs and eye rolling when I'd ask.
-The Orthodontist is a loon And A Lyer!!
-The patients, parents and half the staff are All Uncouth!! Parents complained "There's always a New Face when we come in every month"!! And as a result didn't trust me to work on their child/children.
Pros
A lot of perks...monthly bonuses, gift cards
Cons
Staff is childish, patients have Very Poor Dental Hygiene and the parents have No Class, "The Alameda"
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2017
Very relaxing place to work. Nice day time shift. Holidays off and also paid holidays and paid time off is very nice. Although I don't think the training was long enough. Wish they would give more time in training.
Cons
Short lunch breaks