Herr Foods Employee Reviews

Awesome family company
Branch Secretary (Former Employee) –  HamptonJune 17, 2019
Here Foods offers competitive salaries and benefits. Their training program is top notch! The route drivers, warehouse staff, Branch and assistant managers are wonderful. The training programs are top-notch! The corporate personnel are also professional and friendly. Here Foods is full of caring, competent folks and the salaries and bonuses you can earn are outstanding!
Pros
People and corporate office personnel included!
Stressful place
Packer (Current Employee) –  nottingham paJune 15, 2019
Full time employees are very disrespectful and they like to boss people around. They practically got management in their pockets since they keep a very close friendship. Its avery stressful place for some many reasons.
Unique and interesting place to work
Host/tour guide (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, PAMay 29, 2019
The job requires you to be a social person that can interact with all types of people. You won't be bored while working because their is always something that can be done. But by far the best part about working there is that everyone who does work there is friendly and always trying to help one another.
Ok summer job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2019
Not really the best environment I worked at. Only way to move up was through a separate department and the compensation wasn't great. Workday normally ended 4pm the latest.
Horrible place to work
Sanitation Worker/packer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, PAMay 27, 2019
Worked here for 15months in would not recommend to anyone I left a good job to comee here as they said during my interview thier was plenty of over time in if you were a good worker you could move up easily which was a lie I worked third shift the turn over rate was insane we lost atleast one person every week after 6months I was the senior member on my team thier was no over time they said I would be working at least 8 hours a shift in only worked 7 in a half 11pm-7am half hour unpaid lunch that you must take I was told the hours would be 10:30-7 when I spoke to both managers that hired me they said they were slow. Fridays were horrible cleaning for 10-12 hours on hands in knees lots of favortism towards certain employees mainly the younger females management would treatvthem great even if they were lousy workers as if they never seen another female poor communication between departments overall poor management benefits were ok paid holidays helath insurance 60 a week. 401k but they do not match or contribute anything.
Part time packer
Part time packer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, PAMay 14, 2019
Sat and Sun 330am to 330pm. Said it takes 5+ years to get an 8-5 schedule. Standing all day. When not packing, have to sweep, trash, label boxes, clean equipment, etc. Feet and lower back are killing you by end of day. Ok if you're young and have time to wait for a normal schedule. $14.50 / hour
Cons
12 hr days starting in the middle of the night
It was cool
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2019
It was cool. They really are all about selling and want results. They ,may give you a reasonable amount of time to get your sales up but if you don't you may face termination.
District manager
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDMarch 8, 2019
I am a district manager running a sales route because we are short handed. It makes for long days because I have to keep up on both jobs while maintaining my goals.
Terrible managers who lie to your face. Working countless hours. Giving YOUR PERSONAL cell number to customers
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perryopolis, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Got told about a week in from a DM your job is never safe and can be fired tomorrow so needless to say I never got comfortable working for herrs. Constantly harassed by management and I got told not to worry about numbers on my route off the start and about a month later was getting told my numbers are too low but the more product I put out the more that went stale for me to pull off the shelf. Do not take this job nothing but liars who promise to help you but never do all they do is make you constantly stress I even got bothered on CHRISTMAS DAY about work by my boss even when I was home or off herrs is all I could think about that’s how much they stress you out.
Cons
Overall a good learning experience
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 15, 2019
The typical work day is about 12 hours and are constantly on the move. The managers are very informative and helpful with any questions that you may have.
Pros
Fellow sale reps and managers are very informative and helpful.
Cons
Long work days which average to be about 12 hours.
fast paced, stressful
Packer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, PANovember 20, 2018
the work environment at herrs was rather stressful. the work was slow, yet fast at the same time. standing in one place all day in a room so loud you cant hear yourself thnk.
great family values
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, PAOctober 6, 2018
great company to work for. just want to make more per hour and work a little more over time per week monday through friday not saturdays. Job security is golden once you know what your doing. People that work there are fantastic. management is outstanding. Great family company.
Pros
good people
Cons
not as much overtime as in the past and to get over time have to work a sixth day
Do not take this job unless your desperate
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 27, 2018
If you want to be a route sales person don't take this job commissions only very poor management very long hours constantly monitored by cameras in trucks all trucks in very poor condition all have over 3hundred thousand miles you will breakdown at least once a month very poor communication to employees very poor code dates on product if you are desperate for a lousy job making only 400 week with very poor benefits this is the job for you
Pros
There is none
Cons
Very poor company
Hard Work
Route Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PASeptember 26, 2018
This position tested my motivation and drive to succeed. It was not easy, I was working very long days and was waking up quite early. It made me appreciate the type of people that did this full time.
Long hours, start very early, end late.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Perryopolis, PASeptember 3, 2018
I took a route over that was struggling. Made it into a top producer. Got injured and lost my job. Management not alway honest to you. You work long hours, start around 4am finish around 6pm. Money was good but you get no personal life.
Pros
Money good, free snack foods
Cons
Long hours, no time for your family
A Dream Job!
Branch Secretary (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 27, 2018
Herr Foods Inc. is an amazing company to work for. The pay and benefits were amazing. The employees and management were understanding and friendly. The company took great care of their employees, great benefits, a company picnic every year and a Christmas party that blew your socks off! I learned everything I know from this job. It was the best job I had.
Hot and Sweaty
Warehouse Associate/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
Long days, you would work in a very hot warehouse with only 3 fans.
The management was very all about them never wanted to listen to what anybody had to say. The afternoons was the hardest time of the day with the heat and trying to play catch up.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management, the work place.
long hours and stressful
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  claysburg paAugust 11, 2018
Long hours unreal goals of sale sale sale always about numbers its never enough no matter what you do,they want more and they don't care how many hours you work as long as you get sales commission based pay sucks not recommended
Pros
daylight work, light lifting, nice trucks
Cons
hours, commision pay, too demanding
Long hours, below average pay
Route Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 11, 2018
Been working here for 1.5 years. Mgr always on routes, no communication. Long hours, low pay. Hard to make money. Have bonuses, difficult to achieve. No money.
Long Hours - low pay
Route Salesman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2018
10-12 work hour days; must work Saturdays before and after holidays; no raises; Company doesn't listen to experienced employees as to what sells and what doesn't; Supposed to be family friendly company, but isn't.