Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Employee Reviews

Good Learning Experience
Sales Associate at Hershey Drycleaners (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 30, 2018
My first ever job as a sales associate - I loved my time there and learning all the ins and outs of a good customer service. The organization taught me the importance of mission/vision statement.
Good Internship
Staffing Administrator Intern (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 23, 2018
You learn a lot in this internship. It can be very stressful but its worth it. I feel like I can do any HR or Administration job from what I've learned.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 19, 2018
Management was amazing they treated me extremely nicely. It was a lot of work but I loved it. I met lots of new friends and still stay in touch. Hershey chocolate world was an awesome environment to work in
Pros
Discounts almost everywhere in Hershey
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work, but really stressful in any department.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 3, 2018
I have worked as a part-time worker, but still got almost all benefits as a full-time, except of salary. When the seson is on, it is really hard to work.
it’s way fun
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 3, 2018
the place was overall fun it’s full of a lot of kids my age which made the job 10x more fun and the benefits were great we had free admission to the park and 10% discount on everything
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Company Is Garbage
Security (Former Employee) –  Hershey,PaJuly 2, 2018
They hired me and wasted my time with orientation and certifications just to tell me that my background wasnt up to their standards. They are not looking to help people, they want what they want and if you cant provide it they will move past you. Such a waste of my time.
Cons
Company Is Garbage.
It's Alright
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 19, 2018
As a lifeguard, this position was very interesting yet stressful. You are required to always be alert on the job as they will throw mannequins in the water to test you. I learned skills such as CPR and basic lifesaving. Workplace culture is very poor unless you have friends that work there. Otherwise do not expect to feel included. Managers and supervisors often seemed to look down on those under their jurisdiction, however they were very good at their jobs. You also will not be talking to many people on the job as you are required to watch the pool at all times. The hardest part was definitely the random lifesaving tests they require you to do while on the job. Then most enjoyable part was getting in the water on a hot day.
Pros
Discounts at places owned by the company
Cons
Poor workplace culture
J1 Student at Hershey Park
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2018
I have a good opportunity at hershey park , this place teach me a lots of things , this place make my english accent better and better , I have a lots of new friends here , I learn how to live and solve a problem on my own here , If i have a chance i will come back to USA and work here if it possible
Pros
Free admission to Hersheypark, Springtime In The Park
hershey park
Closing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMay 26, 2018
loved the job but it was only seasonal and i did not return for the next season i decided to focus on highschool and get involed in student programs and sports
Pros
the free season pass and tickets for fAMILY
Busy work environment, solid experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMay 6, 2018
A typical day includes scanning (watching) pools, checking heights/admitting guests into attractions, and occasionally in-service training. At this job I learned the basics of first aid and gained experience in guest satisfaction. Management was average, but finding out what you're supposed to do and navigating the workplace can be stressful. Workplace culture is good, very friendly co-workers who are usually reliable and very accepting. The hardest parts of the job would be dealing with guests and in-service/audits. the most enjoyable part of the job would be memorable experiences with co-workers.
Great work environment for a good cause
Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 28, 2018
I have had several positions with HE&R, ranging from Hersheypark sweeps to the sales department. In any position I found great people to work with and, for the most part, excellent leaders to work under. The aspect that attracts me the most for continuing employment with the company is the contribution to the Milton Hershey School in an effort to assist the school financially and let more students each year enroll.
fast paced
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 16, 2018
worked in a fast paced restaurant that was extremely busy during tourist season. I liked working with the public. my coworkers were great. it is nice to make people have happy memories of their trip to Hershey.
Pros
good tips
Cons
would rather not say
I love this dream place because i used to work there. They treated us so well.
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Hershey PAApril 12, 2018
When I worked at Hershey park, I was a waiter at Hollow Pizza. My supervisors are so nice because they treat us like other American co-workers. For whom it may interesting, I would recommend you to be a part of Hershey Entertainment Park. You will explore the true love!
Pros
Free bus, food, 25% discount on goods
Typical day at work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 11, 2018
scheduling, answering phones, taking payments and assisting guests with product knowledge. They days are pretty consistent with guests, but when there are no guests to take care of, it can be mind numbing just sitting there waiting for something to do.
No chance for advancement even when you deserve it.
Food and Beverage Services Closing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 21, 2018
I've worked there for 3yrs and was over looked three times for a promotion. When I got a second job, they wouldn't work with me as far as hours. I was treated like a child so I left and got a better job.
Horrible
Cash Control Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 17, 2018
Treated employees like dirt and don't care about them. They see us as disposable assets that can be easily replaced. Management refuses to listen to new ideas
LIne Assembly
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAMarch 15, 2018
I really like working their cause it smelled liked chocolate. it was a friendly place to be around . The co workers were nice . I meet a lot of friends working their also ,so that was a plus .
Pros
Fun and Friendly
Cons
Didnt have good transportation.
Wasn’t there long enough to give a full review BUT...
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hotel HersheyMarch 12, 2018
I worked for the Hotel Hershey for one week of training for a Front Desk Agent. I received a better offer from another company so I rescinded my acceptance of the offer. In that week though, I will say the people are very nice, besides one young woman in management that I found to be very condescending towards employees. The young lady that trained me for the first few days though, was very nice and seemed to make it a priority to make sure employees had fun at their job! She was amazing! My biggest complaint about my week long experience was the training experience in itself. I feel that a company the size of Hershey should make it a priority to train incoming employees in a more professional manner. The computer program they use for check ins/ check outs is not a simple one and should be taught in a classroom setting for at least a week on that alone. This will prepare an incoming employee on exactly what needs to be done on the system. The second week of training should then be concentrated on what is said to guests, possible issues and ways to resolve issues. I felt their training to be extremely disorganized and unorderly. They spent a few days showing myself and another incoming employee the program by going through it themselves and we watched. It is not hands on at all!
The entire experience, I felt, was very disorganized from interview to hire to training.
Pros
Nice managers, nice coworkers, nice perks
Cons
Bad training, disorganized, guests can be difficult
Felt like you could be easly replaced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PA 17033February 27, 2018
The work we were doing felt easy for a normal functioning person, but if you did you job poorly then management would make you feel like your easily replaced
Pros
Free lunch if you worked the time needed for the lunch
Cons
no health beneifts
Bad
SANITATION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 14, 2018
I did not like working here. I am only writing this because Indeed won't let me continue unless I write more about working for the company. Hershey Entertainment does not care about its part time employees
Bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Reviews by Location