Hertrich Family of Automobile Dealerships Employee Reviews

Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDAugust 10, 2019
Office management are not very nice tells your business to everyone in the office never give you raises you have to brag for them most of the sales people are nice customers are great
Easy Money! If you are people person.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 25, 2019
Hertrich Nissan is a good place to work and a busy dealership. If your a people person you will do good. GM is easy going some Managers think they are god!
Hertrich shows it goal only care about itself
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDJune 13, 2019
The company will start you with 10.25, if you work a holiday you get straight time, when you work holiday or Saturdays you get no break AT ALL! This company wonders why they cannot keep cashiers this is why you have watch over grown adults for little money.
Awful
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 16, 2019
Run as fast as you can away from here. Revolving door of employees. So many problems to list. Pay is terrible- promised things and they never follow through.
Pros
NOne
Cons
Smoke and mirrors!!! Lies lies lies!!! Run!!!!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pocomoke City, MDMarch 7, 2019
There is a reason hertrich is constantly hiring. I suggest you don't find out why. Run as fast as you can. McDonald's has much better career opportunities!!! As a service advisor you get a base salary plus commission. Your tickets get you commission you will not get the good tickets if you do they will be stolen from you. True story I had to threaten to call the cops as they tried to steal a work order from me at the last minute sounds crazy right?? Well it was and it's sad. Just go somewhere else really!!!At first you will let it slide they will love you. Then you won't let it slide and you will be the bad guy your job will be threatened and you will still be poor. Run as fast as you can. They do not believe in family. They believe in ripping people off and guess who they want to do it... you the service advisor Dm is no better heard the complaints given the opportunities and chose to go with the flow!! If you have a family don't do it. The way Management treats you is absolutely unbelievable not in a good way it truly is sad. Lies lies lies no training treated poorly dont believe them about the money its absolutely sucks. Dont get sold on the it's up to you on what you make you will find out soon enough it's not true. Long hours low pay constantly have your job threatened truly a very sad place treat you like dirt not a rewarding place by any measure run!!!
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, the way your treated, lies
A complete waste of life! Would give it ZERO stars if i could
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 19, 2019
Don't be fooled by the whole "family" claim that they plaster on everything. The process is so unprofessional from every perspective! Management treats everyone like their own personal lackeys, and expect to be worshipped for how "nice" they think they are. I have never had to cover so many shifts in my life!!! Plus, the only way to get a pay raise is to put in your 2 week notice!!! HOW LAME IS THAT!!! I would NEVER recommend working for ANY HERTRICH! Also, be prepared to have to do every job there, even if it's not in your job description. Don't work at hertrich if you want to be happy. Work there if you want to have a miserable experience!
Pros
Not a single thing
Cons
Everything you can imagine, and more.
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDDecember 14, 2018
The cashier position is a lot of work for no money at all, you deal with ignorant sales people and an a nasty GM. The customers are the least of the problem, they work you like a fulltime person for 10.25 per hour they always say they can never keep help that's why.
Great organization to learn and grow with
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 7, 2018
I began working for the Hertrich Family approximately 5 years ago as a sales administrative assistant for the Hertrich Toyota store. I started out not really knowing anything about the car side of the business, but was willing and ready to learn. The GM and management staff at that store personally took the time to develop my skills, and ensure I received the training necessary to be successful in my role. Everyday was a challenge to learn something new. When I got proficient in my responsibilities and asked to learn new things, the GM always found a way to teach me something additional or challenge me further. When a position became available with the Hertrich Family as an Executive Assistant, I was selected for the position based on my experience, skill set, and my desire to continue to learn and grow within the organization as well as the Hertrich Family's desire to promote from within. I wake up everyday excited to go to work. For me this is not a job, it is a Career.
Pros
Welcoming Staff, Continuing Education, Benefits
You get back what you put in...
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 13, 2017
I have worked for the Hertrich Family of Auto dealerships for almost four years. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. You can make $70,000 a year. It’s not for everyone, but it can be for anyone who is willing to work hard and learn!
Pros
In complete control of your income
Horrible manager and Owner
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEOctober 3, 2017
There is no open door policy. Do not think you can report a manger for their negative and racist remarks that occur on a daily basis and also the way they chose the work and pay for their employee. They will get rid of you in a heartbeat and make it so you never want to put your time there on future applications and resumes. Would never want to work there again even for better pay.
Pros
Cons
Management and politics
day to day
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDJuly 29, 2017
I like the fact the I have met new people all of the time and people that I have not seen in years have come here. Also, no matter what store I work to the staff has been nothing but wonderful. I get along with everyone at both stores and I love what I do.
Family-oriented business that wants you to succeed!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 15, 2016
Hertrich is a fast paced environment that will train and advance hard working individuals in the automotive business. You will be held accountable to be the best and continuously strive to be better than the day before. Your co-workers will become a part of your family.
Make this company a last resort
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  hertrich honda/Kia Easton mdOctober 16, 2016
hard place to work they paint a pretty picture but it is all lies the managers make promises they can't keep or choose not to. They beat you down and talk to you like your worthless they treat there customers like they are a nuisance. There is no organization they place is filthy equipment is missing or broken. Managers talk to like your beneath them. They epect you to rip off the customers the managers promote over charging and up selling work or services and they are not completed
Pros
none zero nothing
Cons
Everything and everyone
Great place to work, good training provided, ability to advance and have a successful career if you stick with it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDSeptember 30, 2016
Great company to work for. Good training programs. Sales jobs can be challenging but as long as you stick with the job long enough to learn it and you have determination and like working with people, and have good communication skills, you have the ability to make a lot of money, and maybe even go into management. Management is good to work for. Fun co-workers. Great company benefits. They recognize employees' achievements and express their gratitude and are constantly improving.
Pros
Great benefit package and 401k with matching $
Not just a job...a career and a home!!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 30, 2016
I began working for the Hertrich Family over 3 years ago with little to no expectations for the future.... to be honest, I just really needed a job! Its been 3 years and every day with this company has been a pleasure to say the least! The work days are fast paced, exciting and challenge me to be a better me everyday! From the management team to the training programs, co-workers and opportunities to grow, working here has taught me more about who I am and who I want to be. If you want to come to work everyday and go home feeling satisfied.... well then, this is the place for you! That is exactly what I have found!
Pros
Family Owned Company - Rewarding - Great Benefits - Always trying to improve
Unless you have experience do not believe you will be trained
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 2, 2016
I went to Hertrich with no car sales experience. The first week I had to commute from Wilmington to Milford for a class on 2 forms that are used in a car sale.That is your training. I can only speak for the New Castle dealership. Once you get there your training stops, You are told to sink or swim. My first week at the dealership I completed all of the manufactures certifications and sold a car, with no experience. The other salesman around me with years of experience were selling 2 or 3 cars a day. I started to wonder if this was the job for me so I emailed the teacher of the class who worked in the personnel department. I simply asked if sales do not work out for me if I would have any other options for employment with the company. Next thing I know I was on the carpet being told I am not being held hostage I can feel free to resign. During my 2 weeks at the New Castle Dealership I was told to call people on the phone and call them until they tell me not to call anymore. I was told as soon as someone pulls into the parking lot you had to be right on them and get them inside and sell them a car. I had to drive my personal car to Claymont to pick up lunch for the managers. Look, if you have experience and this is your thing, great. If you are looking for training, at least in New Castle, stay far away, I would not only not work for them I would not buy a car from them.......
Pros
Cons
12 Hour Days, No Training, Sink or Swim
GREAT workplace environment !!!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 26, 2016
With the job searches today and with company's cutting hours and benefits to cut costs, along with not coming from a Dealership background, I was unsure of how the experience would go.I really wasn't sure if I would even be considered for the position. However, that was not the experience I had at all. The moment I applied with Hertrich, I have had a great experience. The process from applying with Indeed to interviewing and then the hiring process was GREAT!!! Everyone has been professional, friendly and welcoming into this dealership family. I was truly blessed that I was able to secure a full-time position, with competitive wages, benefits after 90-days and a weekly paycheck. I am honestly excited to be able to work everyday at a place that I know I am being appreciated for my effort and receive constant support and training to better myself and the company.
Pros
Full-time position, weekly pay, benefits and competitive wages
Cons
Honestly, I don't have any!
Horrible
Parts advisor (Former Employee) –  Pocomoke MDFebruary 16, 2016
Very unprofessional. Managers talk to employees like trash. No professional training. Salary is horrible . all employees great except management want you to work like a dog for peanuts and never smile!!!! Also speak to customers horribly surprised they are still in business.
Cons
Not a great place to work for.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 11, 2016
I never have worked for a place like this in my life. I've been in auto sales for over 15 yrs an I hated everything about this company. To many lies comes down from upper mgt. They say they train the new guys in the business but they don't. STAY AWAY RUN FAST
Pros
Cons
Not a great place to work
A world class organization that encourages growth as part of a successful team
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEApril 8, 2015
Working in the talent recruitment and acquisition department for this rapidly expanding company has helped me see first hand how this family owned business continues to successfully grow in such a competitive industry. We offer each employee an guided path for personal growth in a successful career, recognizing the importance of each individual as an integral part of our team of professionals and support the continued improvement of each facet of the business, Integrity, appreciation and encouragement are an integral part of continued support for each member of the team, Unlimited opportunity for advancement makes it an exciting company to be a part of and encourage other to join! Camaraderie and respect make each part of the journey a team effort, and well worth the successful outcome.
Pros
comprehensive benefit packages, extensive training programs, constant interaction with management and support staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hertrich Family of Automobile Dealerships. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9