Hertz/Dollar Rent A Car Employee Reviews

HIGHLY stressful, unrealistic expectations!!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 6, 2019
I was a Branch Manager for 5 years with this company. Which, for this company is a long time. They hook you with a free car and gas. YOU are at the beck n call of the company.

You have to answer to every survey given by customers. Some of which are the most ridiculous complaints. They now write you up if you don't meet a certain %. Even if someone were to complain that the car is dirty, and mind you, we take pictures of every part of the car. We send in the pictures along with the complaint. You will still get written up if you don't meet the quota.
You will have to sale, and meet a minimum sales number. If not, you get written up.

Starting pay is FAR BELOW (~$14/hr) most other companies and requires a degree. My new company starts off at $17!! Less demanding job too.

They fired a manager recently (5/19) after leaving her solo at the store for 2 months. Mind you, she was left to clean cars, answer phones and rent, all while trying to keep up on her back office paperwork. She was also never paid $3,000 she paid out to get oil changes done on her rental cars, because Hertz turned off her company card. She was told to save receipts for reimbursement... 4 months later she has not received her money back.

Constantly getting yelled at by customers because Hertz promises this or that on the internet or customer service lines and then when they come in, we don't have cars or the specific car they wanted.

The contract they have with State Farm is that you "have to deliver cars" but the reality is, there are never fully staffed offices to do so. Resulting in being
  more... yelled at then answering to upper management and possible write ups.

This Company is more into LETTING people go than to train and keep employees. It is a constant revolving door of people in and out. If they company actually took time to care and train people with the intentions of long term employment it actually could be a great place to work.

Upper Management told me one time that they "owned us" because, us Managers were salary.

In 2014/2015 a manager went to ER for exhaustion because they amount of hours and work she was doing, she was also salary.

Breaks will NOT happen and being if you get to Branch Manger status, they will never happen.

Oh, and they can't pay the bills either. Our water was discontinued because Hertz couldn't pay the bill. The company I work for now,also deals with Hertz and we are currently having issues with payment also.
Fun, engaging and a team spirit
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLSeptember 5, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Hertz and was excited to learn new skills and be a part of a great team. I knew going in that it was a temporary position. I will miss the people and the work.
Bad place to work
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 4, 2019
Management very bad 12 point systems get you fired for being tardy or call in days for being sick low wages low commission no open door policy.Under paid low commission low wages
Pros
No lunch hours
Cons
No short breaks
I was good at customer svs but the other person there didnot want to help
Trans asst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2019
Had a 25 yr old kid who was rude and would not work. Plus the car cleaner never showed up. I had a coworker who didnot want to help out he would just walk out and leave the customers waiting. Also was rude. Plus he thought he was the boss
Pros
Good Mgr
Cons
Bad coworker was lazy
Good place to work nice people
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2019
I liked working there good management,nice people to be around. Well ran good leaders the pay was on the low side but ok . Good benefits. Had free lunches and carry ins from time to time.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Pay
Very family orientated atmosphere
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus Ohio AirportAugust 31, 2019
I enjoyed working with management and the customers great opportunity, overall a great experience . The job hours allowed me to be home with family and be finacially independant. Hertz cares about stuff like that. I had the opportunity to acquire my cdl license through the company and take the test with use of the company vehicle vehicle tototoalsThankful.ttake the test, which was a great think to take advantage of
Pros
The opportunity for job security is definately something they offer
Cons
Sometimes because of time constraints you come in contact with a few rude customers
I was unhappy i did want to work there nomore very depressing
VSA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2019
It was something to do until I get my business off the ground , I was very unhappy at hertz. I like how things was being done there. the job was easy to but management.
Pros
sign on bonus.
Cons
out door seasonal work with low pay.
A company that’s not worth working for!
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 30, 2019
The job of a driver shuttler is laid back and the pay is terrible. The management is terrible. They can not keep employees long because the pay and the hours are not worth it. Working with the other driver shuttlers are like working with children, they have inappropriate conversations on the job that are not fit to be talked about in the workplace. Management doesn’t bother to enforce workplace procedures.
My experience
TNC specialist rental car agent sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2019
I love this company I like people and working with them closely. Extremely excited to go to work everyday something in a job I’ve always wanted to be was a rental car agent.
Pros
Management and overall company awesome
Cons
You don’t promote often or quickly
basic waiting room for assignment
Auto Driver/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 27, 2019
the experience was fairly fun but there were no benefits and the pay was minimum wage. there is nothing more I care to say about working for Hertz Rental,
productive and competitive place
SSA (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 27, 2019
Great place to work if you are sales oriented and benefits are amazing.The daily requirements could be very fast paced and hectic. my favorite part of the job was transporting cars from one location to another.
A great place to work.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2019
Hertz is a great company to work for. A very fast pace which makes your days go by quickly. Hertz is open 24 hours so they have varies shifts that I'm sure would work for anyone. Hertz is a company with a lot of room for advancements.
I enjoyed working for this company .
Car Porter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2019
The reason I stopped was because I moved . I really enjoyed the job but I wish the pay was better. My co workers were very polite , well a handful . My job was to ensure that I park the cars in the lot & run them through the washers
Weather is the hardest to deal with
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2019
A typical day is usually filling parking spaces for rentals and getting dirty cars down stairs to be cleaned. This is the easiest job in the world to do! And perfect for retired or college students.
Love my job!
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2019
Found job in indeed, have been working for 1 year 8 months great pay/benefits & commission. Great management, great learning experience, majority of my coworkers have work here for 15-20+ years!
On place to work
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2019
It started out ok than as the time went on the upper management did not want to here what you had to say. You would tell them and they would do what they thought would be right.
Poor management
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 21, 2019
Not enough cars to rent. Sarasita is a "hub" location.upgrades are very hard to sell if a reservation versus a "walk up". The insurance is very expensive and hard to sell
Great place to begin your management career to gain experience, but structure of pay is not fair based on the size and workload of your branch.
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 21, 2019
I felt I was not compensated for the work I was doing compared to other locations. I was paid the same for running a branch that was 2-3 times the size of other locations due to driving business, but you're not compensated based on size of branch.
Hertz Local Edition
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 20, 2019
The local edition locations suffer the most. The corporate structure does not account for plenty of operational day to day functions. In the Kansas territory the staff are under paid and overworked . Employee retention is very difficult causing the faithful few more stress. I Believe that as a company including RAC , Entertainment, + Corporate they mean well but the structure of the HLE needs to be revisited.
Exercise
Instant Return Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 16, 2019
Fellow co workers are great walk your whole shift great benifits discounts fresh air cold in winter great customers you get to talk with different people everyday