Herzing University Employee Reviews

Productive and excellent Learning curve
FEDERAL WORK STUDY (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 20, 2019
They allow students to work there to gain knowledge about working hands on at the campus. This is an excellent opportunity for students who struggle to get a job.
Fun place to work and laid back atmosphere
Receptionist/Security (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 13, 2019
Managers are really cool! They feed you to death for everything lol. Not stressful and you can work around your home life and school schedule. You meet new people everyday.
Pros
Laxed, free food often, non stressful enviroment
Cons
My position is only part time so that's my only con!
Working for Herzing
Operations and Finance Exec (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2019
I learned more working for HU in a short period of time than I did in severally previous jobs. Decision autonomy, quick pace, student focus, hiring and developing great people and operational excellence were all experienced in my time at Herzing
Every bad thing about for-profit college
Assistant Professor/Program Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2019
After creating two academic programs for Herzing and helping them achieve full school accreditation by the North Central Agency of the Higher Learning Commission I was let go to be replaced by two adjuncts who were paid less and given no benefits.
Manager was busy working on a masters degree in her office rather than doing her own job. I had to figure out most questions on my own
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 5, 2019
This was a very odd work culture-the president hinted at staff meetings that some of the programs were not doing well financially and would eventually close. Total negative impact on morale. There were expectations put on full time faculty to work evenings and weekends for a number of special events. Just a very small, unprofessional atmosphere. Much gossip and back-stabbing amostudents
Job security
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2019
I enjoyed working and going to school in a very education and productive environment. I was able to attend college and interact with students from different countries, and being at Herzing really changed my life for the better because I became more discipline and focused-driven.
Loved Herzing
Professor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 2, 2019
Helping to change peoples lives was amazing. Herzing is an awesome place to work from the students to your coworkers and the upper management was awesome.
Pros
Work and life balance, benefits, traveling perks, additional training work shops
Cons
My pay was low
Lack of compensation/Benefits
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303July 23, 2019
Compensation of Herzing University does is low in comparison to other universities. Cost of living and education should valued. I love to work at Herzing and hope they will increase the pay for all employment.
Terrible
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 20, 2019
Don't care about employees just money. Listen to your staff and reward them for hard work. No where to move up in company and constantly told you are replaceable. Get experience then move on.
Na
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2019
I believe the culture of this institution is great. The staff and managers work together as a team. Everyone is respectful to each other. There are also room for professional growth for staff.
Stressful Lack of Support
Associate Professor, Nursing (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 30, 2019
The faculty are collaborate and work well together across all campuses. Herzing University has multiple campuses and on-line education. There are both full-time faculty and adjunct that work with clinical students.
Pros
Students come first
Cons
No support for faculty or staff
Nice starter
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIApril 16, 2019
Nice play to start your career. I was grateful for the advancement opportunities. Management encourages you to grow. Compensation was very low in my particular department but it was a great starter job.
Great place administraive development
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2019
Although this was a part time job. I was able to gain so much knowledge learning from different aspects from the business in education. The pay was fair for what you was assigned to do.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not much chance of full time work.
Pay too low
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNApril 1, 2019
The pay for instructors is too low you can make more money working in the field and you are required to have a Bachelors degree and the students are making more money than the instructors. benefits are bad also
Nice Place to work.
Customer Service Representative Call Center (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 25, 2019
The Culture is awesome. The workers are very nice. Customers were pleasant. I was always busy, not much downtime. The hours are decent. Benefits are okay.
benefits
Cons
advancement opportunities
I love this place
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 19, 2019
I have had so many good opportunities at Herzing. The staff are great and I love all the student interactions. It has been helpful working with students and creating course materials to help them understand the contents of nursing.
This school provides good resources for its students
Associate of Science in Software Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2019
The counselors and instructors of this school stay engaged with the students, as well as providing support when needed. Assignments were very informative, as the materials were up to par.
Financial Aid Specialist
Educational Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 21, 2019
supporting financial aid counselors, the position is taking phone calls all day mostly from disgruntled students who want to know when they will get their FA stipend or frustrated about FA documents they have to send in but don't understand.
Cons
required to work one weekend day, poor training, open office setting
Excellent
Full Time Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 15, 2019
Excellent company striving to provide opportunities to students in the academic field. Collaborative environment with good infrastructure to support students.
Good Place to work
Chair MSN Nurse Educator Program (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 21, 2018
Herzing promotes a set of core values referred to as PRICE. The organization takes this seriously and follows these tenets for staff, faculty and students.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herzing University. Our community is ready to answer.