Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Review
Information Technology Specialist (Help Desk) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 22, 2018
A solid and structured environment. Easy to communicate with higher ups. Friendly and approachable. Encourages self-improvement and provides programs to facilitate.
Overall good working environment with people striving for success in a constantly changing environment
Sales Incentives Design Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2018
Learned a lot about M&As, how to manage change, challenge the status quo..
Have to stay focused while surrounded by controlled chaos ...
Everybody is highly motivated to complete the transformation and do well again.
Some frustration around employee compensation and benefits which have been declining over the years to cut costs.
Pros
New appointed CEO style, background and vision.
Cons
Still recovering from years of changes and transformation.
Poor Place to be
Channel Enablement Manager, All Lines Technology (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 19, 2018
The VP was not ethical and pay was often wrong. Filed complaints but nothing ever changed which is why I left and found employment elsewhere. Good for entry level college kids.
Good culture-lots of collaboration
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 17, 2018
HPE is a great place to work. The atmosphere is good however there are so many changes it's hard to keep up. Job status never quite feels like it 's stable beyond the next quarter. Lots of good structure though with plenty of support to improve skill set.
Pros
Good managers and culture
Cons
Lots of changes- always a question about who will be replaced next
Overall Experiance
Global Strategic Talent Acquisition/Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
Very professional environment that anyone would enjoy working at. Like many other locations it will have it's ups and downs, but you know it is a good place to work when one looks forward to coming and and starting a new day.
Very poor management
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 16, 2018
Unempowering managers with bad managerial skills and habits. Very political environment. Leaders don't know what they are doing. They don't understand the business. There are way too many layers between the management and customers and the field.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very stressful and political
HP Enterprise
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
Great place to work but the job moved to Costa Rica. It was a competitive place to work. You were always busy. Good working atmosphere. I got along with the people very well
Company does not exist
Endpoint Threat Management Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 15, 2018
Team members at HPS were just numbers. For years the plan was to sell of the IT Services which stunned the growth of employees in that space and they were not paid well at all.
Pros
Cons
everything
Company was great, people were great
Account Chief Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2018
I left HPES due to job security concerns associated with mergers. Otherwise, great.
Client culture was fantastic. The oCTO was helpful. Acting as a mentor is required of all managers and above - great for employee development.
A great job for a young and upstart programmer
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Larimer County, COApril 14, 2018
HPE has a great culture, where you can learn to be a better programmer and a better professional in a wide variety of technologies, and programming languages.

Work is scheduled and managed in a well defined, and structured manner. We used Scrum, and afterward, SaFE as a means to timebox properly. It was a great way to try and work and helped to keep work in focus

Which isn't to say that work wasn't flexible. I was free to set my hours, and to work and not work when I needed to. I was treated like an adult, and was able to work hard and do things I wanted to do without abusing any trust.
Pros
Great culture, awesome technology, great place to learn and grow
Cons
Performance incentives and raises were far and few between, Had to walk on water to expect a great salary/benefit increase
Good Pay and Benefits, Just keep your head down and produce
Quality Lifecycle Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 12, 2018
Good pay and benefits, along with you being your own supervisor, is one setup that makes it great. With the freedom on a DAILY basis to do whatever you want, but the MONTHLY requirement to PRODUCE, you need to be a fairly high individual contributor to feel secure, but if that suits you (and it did for me). The Cons: I didn't get the feeling as though my team was correctly positioned or doing critical go-forward work, but at the same time we're being told to "produce" - it's just an odd thing to see and feel so many holes and gaps between the company goals and individual teams not in alignment. But those are things Management should be thinking about, not engineers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, self-supervising
Cons
too many layoffs; ending with my entire team!
fast paced and rewarding
Business Planner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2018
HPE was a great place to work. It was a fast paced and constantly evolving environment. Friendly people great collaboration. Good central location with flexible work hours and location.
Pros
Onsite workout facility. Centrally located
Don't do it!
Principal Experience Strategist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2018
Given that you never knew one day to the next if you had a job, it was a bit harsh as everyone had to constantly prove themselves to avoid the next quarterly WFR.
never should have returned
SLED Storage Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2018
results didn't matter....layoffs supposedly were out of corporate. hitting sales goals did not ensure safety. plenty of other companies around who value employees especially reps who hit number. look elsewhere
Pros
some talented people
Cons
some people just hanging on and play politics to survive
work live balance
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJApril 10, 2018
work live balance - ok
In a world that is growing and evolving every day, HP creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. HP innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives. From our earliest days, we’ve recognized that capturing and drawing from diverse points of view improves our products and services — and our company as a whole.
Declining revenue and continuous company downsizing
Sr. Global Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 9, 2018
Company's business model and industry have been disrupted by cloud, requiring the management to continuously downsize staff to meet wall street earnings and profitability numbers and expectations
I do not feel comfortable writing a summary.
Global Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 7, 2018
HPE has a way of finding out who does not approve of the company, therefore I will not write a summary. Please do not make me write a summary for this position
not your father's HP
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 6, 2018
HP has changed a lot over the years. It's not the same place the Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard created.

The original Rules of the Garage:
- Believe you can change the world.
- Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever.
- Know when to work alone and when to work together.
- Share — tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.
- No Politics. No bureaucracy. (These are ridiculous in a garage.)
- The customer defines a job well done.
- Radical ideas are not bad ideas.
- Invent different ways of working.
- Make a contribution every day. If it doesn’t contribute, it doesn’t leave the garage.
- Believe that together we can do anything.
- Invent

I think the Garage burnt down. Turf wars everywhere with everyone too worried about protecting their own space. Layoffs on a quarterly basis. Constant outsourcing of key personnel. No loyalty to employees anymore as they are treated like commodities and easily replaced.
Professional Work Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 6, 2018
Clean and professional work environment. Coworkers are professional and most are positive and happy with their job.

The last few years was difficult since a portion of the workforce was split off to merge with another company. Many jobs were also moved off-shore.

However, I would not hesitate to work with this company again.

The biggest challenge was working with the offshore staff due to time difference and language/cultural differences
Pros
work space, treated professionally
Cons
same as all corporations, work moving offshore
Laid back work environment
Provider Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 6, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for them. Benefits were great. It was a casual work environment but fast pace. I believe they take care of their employees so that they would want to stay.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
long away trips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.