Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Found 1,899 reviews matching the search See all 3,676 reviews
Great company
Senior consultant IT Transformation (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 13, 2018
Great company interesting assignments. Work in a virtual office from home. The company name gets respect from forward-looking clients. A team environment where people learn from each other.
Great employees
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
People are great and the employees are typically very passionate about technology and making a difference. The employees are always willing to jump in and help out wherever needed. I've never worked with a more collaborative group of people.
Pros
The employees
Cons
work life balance
It's not the old HP culture anymore.
Senior IT Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 12, 2018
Lack of good use of resources and a lot of talent were not utilized and appreciated. Working remotely and flexibility is good for many people with family obligations.
Pros
Working remotely and flexibility
Cons
Lack of good management.
This was an OK place to work depending on your manager.
Technical Solutions Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 12, 2018
I had a couple really good managers so I was lucky. Some people had a manager that sucked because they did not support the employee.

The fellow employees were good and worked like a team to get things done.

HR sucked for any shift other than first shift. They had events for Mothers Day, Fathers Day etc... for first shift but did not seem to care about any other shift.

The good managers did try to take up the slack from HR's neglect for the other shifts.
Pros
They did have some good managers and most employees did work together to get things done.
Cons
Prey that you don't get one of the managers that suck. HR...
Create Co-Workers
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 12, 2018
I usually had a busy day at work. Most day's would be interacting with co workers verifying information that I need to take care of. We had a great team and always willing to help out other teams to get the job done.
Okay
Free coffee
Clean environment
excellent culture
Response Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 8, 2018
HP way was considered the gold standard in tech industry - collaboration was encouraged flexibility was considered a standard - open door policy with management was also encouraged
Heart of a Lion
Program Manager, HPE, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 7, 2018
The HPE folks have great heart and perseverance. Tremendously talented, skilled, and hard working. I learned a great deal from watching the cross-collaboration between IT and the Business.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 7, 2018
I enjoy working for HPE. It's fast-paced, ever challenging, always changing and leadership inspires me to succeed. HPE offers career advancement opportunities and good benefits.
Bad work culture
Service Information Developer II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
People boasted about how many hours overtime they worked. Company contracts had drop dead end dates, but project scope wasn't determined until nearly half way through each project.
Pros
Management was supportive and co-workers were helpful.
Cons
Projects were not clearly defined, Programs were often rewritten from scratch or highly modified before implementation.
Productive in a high stress environment
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 6, 2018
Worked with the service group to insure that hard to locate material was found and shipped to arrive no later than next business day.
The local team worked well together and collaborated to reach goals. Local management was supportive, but there appeared to be disconnects the higher up the management chain went. There were many levels of management so it was felt that they could not understand the value of local teams. The hardest part of the job was getting management buy in on obtaining hard to locate material. The best part of the job was the great peer level teams that were always willing to work together.
Pros
Team collaboration
Cons
Too many levels of management, too much outsourcing.
Productive and fun environment.
FISS Maintainer Business Analyst for the ESD/SPARK (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 4, 2018
Great company to start off working for. They went out of their way to help teach and give guidance to a beginning business analyst with adequate training and resources available.
Very poorly ran
Risk Assessment Security Admin-Policy & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 4, 2018
No Advancement. Company not clear on direction. under compensated. too much turn over 7 manager in 8 years. no training on tools used to perform day to day activity
Pros
work at home
Cons
no clear direction . too much turn over 7 managers in 8 years
HP is a professional, technically brilliant and well-run organization.
Sr. Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2018
HP rewards hard work, allows technical support, admins and agents to grow through experience, training and constructive criticism. As an employee moves to higher levels of trust and leadership, they are rewarded with more autonomy, opportunities and recognition. For a full-time employee of HPE, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Recognition, competitive salary, work-life balance
Cons
Change from full-time to primarily outsourced helpdesk agents.
It was a pretty good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 1, 2018
Working for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services was a pretty good place to work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers and trying to resolve their issues. I worked there around 10 years and mostly enjoyed my job.
Pros
Moral boosting activities
Cons
Job could be very repetitive
Learned a lot
Program Manager, Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 1, 2018
I was transferred into this company after HP split into two entities. I became part of a worldwide marketing organization and spent the next year learning a great deal about modern digital marketing.
Cons
don't value remote workers
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 1, 2018
Prodcutive place to work with positive culture changes after the split from HP inc. I wasn't with this company long enough before we split again and merged with DXC. No complaints during my short time with HPE.
Typical Tech Company
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2018
Overall project management role not terribly difficult. On boarding for the projects was at best horrible. the PMO was strictly data driven and was always have to adjust the metrics. We were constantly have to fix PMO information which took away from our work on projects.
Employee moral was very low, always looking for the next round of layoffs.
Pros
good teams
Cons
Great Working experience with a solid team
Unified Communication Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
I loved working for HPE! There was always a challenge and something new to learn! Management was extremely supportive and always willing to help you succeed.
Pros
Great leadership!
Cons
I worked more than I have at other jobs but I really enjoyed the work!
Typical day
Client Director (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 31, 2018
Good team work within the group and with the customers and flexibility of work time hardest part of job was meetings which takes much time. Best part of the job was the team - we worked very well together.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
overabundance of internal meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.3K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Powered by Comparably