Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Found 1,827 reviews matching the search See all 3,571 reviews
Serious workplace for older business professionals
Sales Information Manager III (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 25, 2018
It wasn't your typical new generation company with the younger, innovative work environment such as Apple, Linked In or Google. HPE is a company that is serious about its work place and has an older mindset.
Benefits
Cons
work environment wasn't lively
Evolving corporate mission
Systems/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 25, 2018
HPE is working to redefine itself in an ever evolving market. Continuing to search for a new identity. Change is hard. Trying to become a more nimble (smaller) organization.
Best Job in my Career
System Administrator / 3rd Level Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2018
This was the best position in my career. I had the best Manager and Co-workers. Manager set Goals and Priorities and then let the people do the work and report in. Manager would clear any obstacles. All my co-workers were willing to give 110% and assist whenever required.
Pros
Best Manager and Co-Workers
Cons
Long hours - had clients that followed the sun.
some parties for Christmas.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  CCM7, 1433 Compaq Center W drSeptember 25, 2018
I have 5 years of experience in HP, left like home good office environment and gave good support for growth. Yearly two training sessions to improve our knowledge on New technology.
Pros
Free party for Thanks giving
Cons
coffee breaks
Good Company for an Associate Level Career
Business Operation Manager I (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRSeptember 24, 2018
A great value company, very good peers with a diverse cultural environment. Great benefits including wellness program, discount program. Depending the area is how management interact with their employees.
Pros
Good benefits, health care plan, 401K, Wellness program, gym, basketbal & Tennis Court, softball park and make soccer tournaments.
Cons
In my case manager is a good person but a terrible manager. More than 10 turn overs in 2 years
short term focus
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2018
the mng is short term focused, only looking at the quarterly results and share holders.
Employees are numbers!
Company can no longer innovate, and take risks.
They have hot been able to innovate their way out of their traditional business model, they have missed the cloud era and they are missing the iot edge business.
They have focused their effort on traditional IT and it is a declining business. Only.Aruba division is growing but it remains a company within the company, operating independently from the bigger org. , in addition Aruba employees risent the acquisition.

This is not the successful HP that the founders had built and created silicon valley.
Pros
the legacy
Cons
Short term mentality, scared to take risks, acquisitions
Great company to work
Engineering Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2018
This is a Great company to work for. It was unfortunate for me that the see it best fit to move my position overseas. I'm glad I was given the opportunity to work there.
good, but was better working with EDS
Video Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2018
good, but was better working with EDS, which was aquired by HP. EDS was a great company before HP. Would work for HP and EDS again. near where i live, so commute was fairly easy.
HPE was good, but they did us dirty
SOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2018
HPE sold their MSS portion to CSC to create DXC. While I worked for HPE it was really good, the management were all very nice and everybody was optimistic. Then we were sold to CSC and it has become a volatile and toxic work environment. None of the managers are happy, everybody's overworked and underpaid and people are fired weekly.

But I liked HPE up until that point.
Ok, i guess
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Worked at old HP and now HPE. The whole industry has changed profoundly and i think all companies in this segment are struggling with the fierce cost pressures and changing IT philosophies.
My group is becoming way too process heavy and it's weighing down turnaround times for proposals etc.
not producdtive and fun
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GA 30085September 17, 2018
Stressful, to maintain your emotions, micro management, culture was not good environment, not having great training, helping customers receive service
Pros
Cons
stressful
Busy
Customer Solutions Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 15, 2018
You need to be able to multi-task and prioritize issues. Fast paced and always changing. Good work envirement. Company has a pretty good work life balance.
it is a people lottery
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2018
Your number in the people lottery will come at any time. No job security and they frequently ask your gender. No idea why that is required. Most hiring is off-shore.
Benefits
Cons
No employee loyalty
On Site Server and Network Technibian (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2018
As long as you know what you are doing it is a great place to work. You will be working minus management looking over your shoulder, as long as you get to the customer on time and do the job right it is a good place to work.
Excellent work does not always mean you get to stay
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Layoffs and reductions are always possible at HPE. Do your job well, but always keep one eye on other opportunities. Some of the managers are exceptional - many are not.
HP Enterprise
Technology Consultant II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2018
The whole time I worked with HP I stayed in the same positions with very little opportunity to advance. But they so offer alot of jobs to military which is a plus
Better when under previous management
Business Analyst III, Lead (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 12, 2018
HPE had team outings and appreciate for staff. Staff felt supported and appreciated by management. the staff has a drive for success and wants the customer to value the work done for them.
Broad enterprise technology portfolio with a lot of opprotunity to learn.
Solutions Architect Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Most presales engineers are teleworkers which offers many benefits and flexibility. A typical day involves working with the sales team on current opportunities or identifying new ones. Other activity involves network support to other BU’s in pan-HPE solutions involving compute and storage. Over the last 8 years I’ve learned a lot not only in the evolving DC networking space, but also the broader context of software defined DC solutions involving hyper-convergence and hybrid cloud. The culture at HPE has a focus on people beig the most valuable asset and an aggressive approach to making quarterly numbers. The most difficult aspect of working at HPE is understanding the broad portfolio offerings and working/collaborating with the various teams in order to close large deals. While this can sometimes add complexity and extend sales cycles, it is also very rewarding and challenges everyone to be the best.
Pros
work from home, many opportunities to learn
Cons
highly complex solutions and quota stress
Factory Process Integrity Auditor
Factory Process Integrity Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
As a Auditor of a Quality team, we were responsible for 10% audit of total production. There were mixture of hectic and enjoyable days. Regardless, I enjoyed being a part of the team. The workplace culture was very positive. Everyone was willing to collaborate in order to resolve issues that needed tending to.
productive
Fork Life Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 10, 2018
The task was fairly easy, but the hours given was minimal and the pay was little to nothing.
had to provide my own transportation and not know if I was going to work for the day.
Pros
received pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight