Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Found 1,942 reviews matching the search See all 3,753 reviews
Clean, structured, and welcoming environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 15, 2019
I was employed to work for the overnight shift, however when I did have to cover for the morning shift, the environment was peaceful, controlled, and organized. The employees and clients were "appreciated", hence the breakfast and lunches provided to them by the company. Employees were friendly and well mannered. I enjoyed assisting them during my stay.
Pros
Friendly and curteous
HPE Good place
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 15, 2019
I work on logistics and learned the in and outs of logistics as my typical days are making sure printer are returned to are facility for recycling the people are great but with out a certain amount of experience advancement is slow
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
slow advancement for contract workers
Review
Senior Directing Practice Principal (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2019
HPE was a company while there with continual churn and lack of focus towards getting to a point where continual layoffs stopped occurring. Promotions and raises were abysmal for employees.
Overall good culture, but a dated world view
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 13, 2019
HPE has a good culture and work environment overall, but suffers from an aging work force that is reluctant to change. As an intern the company worked well with my school and paid well.
Work life balance
Custom Project/Program Manager III (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Currently have a good work life balance. Working from home allows me to get work done when needed and handle any daily tasks when needed. Also no long commute helps to maximize my billable time during the day.
Pros
work from home
Cons
compensation
Constant business reorganization creates chaos among the workforce and led to subsequent mass layoffs
Business Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 10, 2019
Very confusing work environment. Employees dedicated to performing to client satisfaction. Account Managers dedicated to saving their positions. Corporate interested only in reorganizing and creating mass Workforce Reductions annually to cost cut and provide no intrinsic value to customers
Fun workplace
Embedded Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Managers were friendly and was easy to move between the teams in the company. The projects in the R&D labs were interesting to work on and interesting
General Ledger Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Krakow, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has driven the companies vision with integrity principle. The company has a lot of various benefits from flexible working time to company allocation allowance.
I would definitely recommend it to future candidates
Awesome place to work
Paired Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Although there is a lot of overturn with this company.

There is still opportunity to change your life. Leadership team cares about your success.

Give you the tools to succeed.
No job security
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 7, 2019
there was constant management restructuring and shuffling of employees within department. No work life balance, poor management and lack of resources which led to over worked and underpaid employees.
Strong company culture
GM (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 7, 2019
HPE was a rewarding experience enabling me to hone my leadership and technical skills in a positive environment. The workplace culture was overall positive with a focus on balance and teamwork. Management cared about their teams and our overall success and the success of our clients even during difficult restructuring. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was interacting with my sales team and clients. The least enjoyable was a bit too much process.
Struggling to Manage Change
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 5, 2019
HPE is struggling to manage change in the market and in the organization. Management did not communicate the vision or share information about organizational changes.
Strong company with great leadership
Senior IT Director (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Project reviews, management meetings, business meetings, staff meetings, staff 1:1, application architecture evolutions. After 24 years with HP-HPE it was a great place to evolve my career and the company does invest in their staff. The challenge is with the company being WW days can be 7X24.
Overall a great experience. Change is coming though
Program Manager Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Overall, the company has been excellent. Early on, there was a great energy and excitement that flowed from the CEO, down through management, to each individual contributor within the company. I feel like with the companies struggles for several years along with management changes, much of the excitement and energy is gone. Creativity and new ideas are not as important as they once were.
Pros
Great co-workers and cross functional teamwork
Cons
New management and expectation that employees be available 24/7
Experience
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 1, 2019
HP was an amazing experience for me! i learned many things! the best times were being together as a team and working on applications!! i will take this and learn more for the coming years!!
good learning experience
Business Development Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2018
Lots to learn, room to grow as an employee. Vision for the future positions employees well for secular changes the horizon. Uncertainty of company mission can be a distraction.
nothing nice about this place
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 28, 2018
nothing to say but goodbye. don't work here your job will be moved offshore soon and all you will have are memories if the animals that defecated on your car in the parking lot.
Good Learning
SVC INFO Developer (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 21, 2018
Good learning at the company. Software development from scratch so a great learning curve for software developers. Company is flexible with employees benefits.
Great While It Lasted
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 19, 2018
I worked as a CE (field engineer) for HP/HPE for 3.5 years before being outsourced to Unisys.

I thoroughly enjoyed my job. HPE took care of everything - fleet vehicle, phone, laptop, etc. We even had a portion of our pay taken to use the fleet vehicles for personal use.

Most of the day was spent traveling to/between customer sites, repairing server/storage/networking equipment. Some days were long and you had to be part of a standby rotation on evenings/weekends. There were ample opportunities for OT if you wanted to take them. Work/life balance was generally good, but there were times you were forced to stay late or work early in customer environments. They offered ample training and I had great relationships with many customers. I felt valued by direct management and they were always looking out for our best.

Compared to what we're doing now, HPE was a breeze. It's a shame they outsourced their field department.
Pros
Fair compensation, opportunities for advancement, OT opportunities
Cons
weekend standby, some days were long
Organized Workplace
HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 16, 2018
you can learn a lot in this company from the scratch , has many different profecciency levels employees very confident to provide the best customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight