Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
CORRESPONDENCE SUPERVISOR/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 17, 2018
Able to work with school schedule or part time jobs. Great retirement plans. vacation time away from work taking care of customers needs I learned how to handle unhappy customers working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Good job low pay.
Help Desk Professional (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 16, 2018
Job is very good. Has people without experience start of at low salary. Gives employees a change to get into the computer field. Can even start off with a bachelors with just volunteers experience.
Pros
training, nice and quiet, plenty of coaching
Cons
low pay, just one week off, not to much pay on promotions.
Global Account Manager, HP Storage (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 16, 2018
HPE has a fantastic portfolio of products and which made it easy to sell into our customers. . Their support organizations was a leader in the industry. Having worked there for a large portion of my professional career, i can say the advancement opportunities and training were the best around,
Bad management
Vice President IT - Sr. Director HEC (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 16, 2018
Terrible management. The fix is in for all people that have been there over 20 years. New ones are not welcomed in the "club". Bureaucracy is really bad. It takes a dozen different groups to get consents in to pursue just a $100K pursuit.
Wonderful place to work
Application System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cook County, ILAugust 12, 2018
A Typical day at work: Wonderful
Management, OK
workplace culture, wonderful
the hardest part of the job, nothing
the most enjoyable part of the job, technology
Teams were filled with great, intelligent, passionate international co-workers who were a huge pleasure to work with.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 10, 2018
Management, with a few exceptions, had no skills re: people. No please, thank you, good job . . . ever. Expectations were high with little support and most managers were angry people, in general, although borderline polite.
Relaxed
HR Advisor/Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 10, 2018
Working at HP was an awesome experience. The culture is great , the place is clean and well kept at all times. It is not easy to identify management because everyone sits in open office space. Co-workers are usually polite and helpful. The environment is nice and laid back, you can work outside of your office space.Patio, ping-pong, tennis are just some of the activities available during our down time.
Fun
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 8, 2018
learned how the company works, different types of work and teams that help you develop in your career. Has many opportunities to grow as an individual
Pros
food and gym on site
Cons
Overall a good experience.
Advanced Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great internal resources to further your career. Workload was extreme at times but management allowed for flexible time away from work. Telecommuting was, at one time, widely acceptable but recently this policy has shifted.
Pros
Abundant company resources to help with your career.
Cons
IT project workload very extreme at times.
Great First Technical Job
BUSINESS ANALYST I/II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 7, 2018
I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to work for this company, though my review should not be much of a reflection for the rest of the company as the medical side of HP Enterprise Services was kind of the black sheep.
The management was very encouraging and assisted me in my advancement and personal growth.
Fast paced
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 6, 2018
I always supported very busy fast paced managers so working long hours and getting paid over time made up for missing dinners at home. Lots of resources available to get the job done .
Pros
over time
Cons
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Very structured and rudiment. Global reach and project environment was very beneficial for my professional growth. Diverse working environment with competent and technically balanced team members.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Project consistency
Good growth opportunities
Section Manager, Quality Assurance Organization (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2018
Hewlett-Packard is a large company and with such employees are presented with opportunities for training and career growth. Management was not overbearing and there was autonomy to do what's needed
Many changes in short time
Account Services Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
HPE Was a good company to work for. It's gone though significant changes since 2015. Meg Whitman CEO made some hard choice decisions while she was there.
Pros
Very interesting clients and projects
Cons
Deck chairs were shuffled every Monday - no job security for years
Decent entry level job
GM Techline Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 1, 2018
Decent entry level job but I found the opportunities for internal advancement kind of lacking. This was basically just a glorified call center, and it felt like it.
Pros
Good, fair bosses.
Cons
Low pay with not much room for advancement
Good Experience
Systems/Software Engineer - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
This job gave me the opportunity to gain experience in my field and help me grow as an employee not only professionally but personally. I was able to learn how to juggle a profession with my home-life while exploring opportunities within the company that was of my interest.
Pros
Management, Co-workers
Cons
Compensation
Worked from home
Technical Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2018
Quiet work environment, very productive, challenging and fulfilling work. Enjoyed working on a variety of products, made friends for life with coworkers and paid well.
Cons
many reductions in force
Ok place to work
New Product Introduction Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
I worked here for about 8 years. Very few chances to move up. At one point the whole company was forced to take a 5% paycut. So with about 4 years experience I was making less than when I started.

If you want to work at a place with few opportunities to advance, apply here. It is easy and laid back, but for someone ambitious like me, it just wasn't worth it to stay.
Difficult Industry
Account Business Executive (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 30, 2018
HP Enterprise Services (now DXC) competes in a very difficult industry which caused for a lot of instability in the company, so while working in IT is cool, DXC is not an easy place to work.
Pros
Good travel opportunities
Cons
Instable management
Great Place
Assist in the evaluation of customer requirements (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 28, 2018
Great Place work life is hard lay offs are plentiful. they lay you off with no remorse and or regards, and don't care. There are plenty of really good hearted people who have lost their jobs to no fault of their own.
Pros
Great Place
Cons
No growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.