Hexcel Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Impossible to get hired
NC Programmer (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, PAJune 23, 2018
This place is a joke! They won’t hire you if you have a close family member that works there! no matter how much skill you have or how many years of experience you have they turn their nose up at you! In my opinion it’s blantent discrimination! And for a company that handles government contracts this should be illegal! Of course if you know someone high up or maybe your family member that works there is a pet then you might get hired!
good overall
NC Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair, PAApril 23, 2018
every one is treated fair safety is most important you don't need to rush , just do quality work can not miss a lot of time must be a team player, must fallow the rules
Terrible and Awful place to work with no job security whatsoever, poor training of new employees and no respect/consideration from management
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAApril 21, 2018
If you have a family and are looking for a stable job where you don’t have to go to work everyday afraid to make a mistake and get fired, DO NOT work at Hexcel. Management has no respect and consideration for new employees, they don’t train you yet yell at you for not learning and they immediately look for reasons to fire you. PLEASE look elsewhere
Pros
Big break rooms, super clean building
Cons
Management, Training, Job Security, Employee treatment
F*ck Hexcel
Process Associate Carbon Fibers (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 16, 2018
This is where hope goes to die. Everyone was unhealthy. Nobody had a regular sleep pattern. Everyone ate bad food. Everyone was in a bad mood. It was impossible to live a balanced life.
Pros
the money
Cons
everything else
Assembly
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 1, 2018
Worst place to work.. After 9 years I walked out.. Managers are pathetic.. No leadership whatsoever.. just a good ole boys club.. however, if you brown nose and worship the management you will go far, including you don't have to be productive.. The professionalism at this company is an absolute joke!!
Pros
Quiting
Cons
Strict on union policy rules in doing your job
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 30, 2018
Always had to be at your station or to be otherwise verified. No drinking or eating at your work station, not even water unless in twist bottle cap. I did learn a lot and got along with all the vendors. Management although and chummy with their pets and not too professional.
Pros
Profit sharing, qrtly.
Cons
Some people getting away with not doing their job while others work even harder
work place and fellow employees made going to work a pleasure
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAMarch 20, 2018
I had a positive experience working at Hexcel. The training that I received was very informative and the knowledge learned gave me the tools to do my job at a professional level
Pros
teamwork, training, and supervisers/communiation, and workplace
Cons
working graveyard shift for three and half years was diffcult for me, but I did adpated
An average place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I held this job years ago and things have changed quite a bit. At the time there wasn't much room for advancement for the female population. I felt stuck.
Pros
met some great people
Cons
on call 24/7
Minimal training given. People were great. Management had issues.
Senior Machinist (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Hexcel would be a great place to work if they were more organized. Unfortunately, they don't rely on their strongest and most experienced working staff to help keep them current and working efficiently.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
lunch is on paid time so you rarely have time to sit down and eat.
Nepotism and high turn over
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 28, 2018
They pay decent for the job, offer good benefits.
Do it if you extremely need money and know somebody there.
You have mother and daughter, father and son, brother and sister... as your co-workers.
Your mistake if it relates to safety will be looked under a 20x lens microscope, and you can get fire for it.Safety is a very big deal.
The job itself is boring and tedious, noisy environment.
High expectation, favoritism.
Getting written up and fired easily.
Overtime is mandatory almost every month.
You are being watched 24/7 while you are working.Somebody there is usually behind your back and reports whatever you do.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Seniority gets advancement first.High turn over rate, easy to get fired.Nepotism.People watch your back.
Fast paced but still employee friendly
Product Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I would recommend Hexcel Corp.as a good place to work and to plan a career with. The management is aware of the employees and strives to provide a workplace balance. Hexcel allows for the employees to interact with the global community by offering career assistance with training and education support.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment, career growth and some times travel opportunities
Cons
Unknown
Long Hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZ 85122January 22, 2018
I worked 12 hour days 7 days a week. This was good money but no family time. Also the manager I had would not do anything about the women I worked with and their bullying.
Stressful and easily cutthroat environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Can be stressful in a short period of time. They can go in extensions of over working employees to get production on time and no compensations after reaching the goal at the ends of the month.
Pros
Give out yearly gifts.
Cons
Easily can get fired.
Great company
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTDecember 28, 2017
Company is great when you're thinking of the future of you & your family. The benefits are great, people are easy to work with. The Job itself is less stressful.
Quotation Specialist
Quotation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 14, 2017
I worked at Hexcel for 13 years and advanced from an electrician up to the Sales office. I enjoyed every day, even the tough days.
The people and the management team were great to work with. Lot's of interesting challenges.
Pros
People were great to work with, Team atmosphere
Great Job
Process Associate - West Valley City Utah (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 9, 2017
You feel like you are always at work. Work life Balance is not there. 12 hour days are long. Working the rotating shifts are difficult on your body, going from night to day shifts. The pay is great after 16 months.
Pros
The pay
Cons
You are always at work.
Good Place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 9, 2017
Great place to work, good benifits, great coworkers. Overall a good company to be apart of. I've been here 4 years and time sure does fly by when you enjoy doing what you do
Professional Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXNovember 6, 2017
This is a great place to work but it is hard to get in. Pay is very competitive. I used resources offered through the employer (Lynda.com and New Horizons learning center) to increase my Excel skills. Management always made me feel like my own boss (no micromanaging). There was always a friendly atmosphere with my coworkers. The hardest part was being patient to juggle multiple repsonsibilities at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to interact meaningfully with others on a regular basis.
Pros
managers who cooked us BBQ
Cons
stuck in 1997 technology
Productive place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 6, 2017
Hexcel is a great entry point to the Aerospace industry, it allows you the opportunity to grow and learn about all different types and steps in the production of aerospace parts.
Great company in a great industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 3, 2017
Hexcel is a great place to work and is an industry leader in composites for the Aerospace industry. Lots of great people and a focus on continuous improvement. Very little politics for a mid-size corporation. Expect to be challenged but rewarded for your efforts. You also get a chance to work with very smart people across the globe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hexcel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight