Hexion Inc.

Hexion Inc. Employee Reviews

United States99 reviews
Enjoyed my time working at Hexion. Learned new things daily by working with our clients. Something different every day. Learned new things working in our SAP system
Well Hexion is a place where they really care about their employees far as safety, family concerns and anything else life may throw at you, if they can help they will. It's a fairly large company with a lot of employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay and respect for employees
Cons
N/a
I spent 4 years at this company and I always felt like the company was growing constantly. There were always opportunities to do different tasks in addition to a welcoming feeling.
management varies from business to business, group to group. Unprofessional management harms productivity. Unfair working environment causes a high turnover and cannot keep talents
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
management
The company is truly concerned for the safety of their employees, its not just talk. The company is committed to responsible chemistry and sustainability.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, great location
Cons
Short breaks
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Must be self motivated to be successful at your job.

If you stay focused and meet deadlines, you will be rewarded eventually.

I love the family always comes first at Hexion, The company is always supportive with family occurrences.
Enjoyed my time there, co workers were fun, too bad the job closed due to oil industry slow down. Managers were always good to the employees. Room to grow.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Dependent on oil industry
DuPont Schedule, shift work. One person per shift at Baytown location, and overtime is minimal, so if you don’t like overtime this is great. Pay scale is about in the middle compared to other companies, higher than some but lower than the bigger companies. Medical Benefits are average to good, 401k company match is average, but not great. Overall it is not a bad company to work for.
I loved heroin because I got to learn alot of really interesting things about chemical bonds and much about the periodic table as well was a great job but I was layed off
I had a very good run at Hexion. It is filled with good people who all do their best to work together. While some degree of overtime was always expected, the last few years have been difficult as many people who have left have not been replaced and their duties have been spread around to those who remained. That left many people spread very thinly with an increased stress level.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hexion Inc.?
Specialty chemical manufacturing is a rapidly changing (day-to-day) market. Each day brought interesting questions to answer, usually with responses needed very quickly to take advantage of marketing opportunities.
It was one of the best places that I have worked for. They crossed trained you to know more than one thing. The 12 hour shifts were interesting to get used to but it worked great with your life. The only bad part was some managers showed favoritism to employees.
Pros
Pay, cross-training
Cons
No new hire onboarding process. Lacks cultural diversity and inclusion. Antiquated systems, business managed via Excel spreadsheets. Co-workers pleasant and supportive.
Work 8 to 12 hrs a day. Dumping chemicals and making sure they are the right batch then pack out into super sacks or bags. We driving forklifts sit down and stand ups. Have to pay look really close attention to make sure you have the right chemical going into the right batch.
A global company with many functions and activities. You will never get bored. Very cooperative R&D teams but you may meet resistant to change at some manufacturing sites.
Management were on the buddy system that's how they got their job. Some had no knowledge of the role they were in but their friend got them the job anyway. Advancements are hard to come by in maintenance but operations was easier.
Great people, learned a lot here. My manager was awesome and helpful, my coworkers were also great to work with. Opportunities to work with almost every department within the company.
There was always an opportunity to learn new skills and be more valuable to the company. Great people with a laid back environment. Left alone to do your work.
no training then they fire you for it
no culture, no management, management works out during the day and spends the rest of the day being smelly and sweaty
Fast paced and always something new to learn. This is a large Global company with a strong user group in SAP and business processes. As a contractor, it is one of my favorite places to work
Company has no work/home boundaries. Lots of overtime.
Unrealistic timelines. To much drama between co workers

.Lack of team work. Short sighted management. Too many unproductive meetings.
Pros
High pay.
Cons
Very expense insurance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hexion Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight