Hexure

Working at Hexure: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

This is a company who LOVES their customers and their employees! Great place to work!

The leadership team cares about our customers and our employees. This is a highly accountable and supportive environment where we support each other personally and professionally. We're given clear goals and objectives and provided with the tools and support to achieve those goals. There is a great cross-function collaboration, great benefits and a supportive company culture.

Pros

Collaborative and supportive culture

October 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to make Insurance Technologies a welcoming and supportive environment. We are glad to hear that we are succeeding in your eyes. Thank you for all your hard work.

Changing for the worse

Hexure (formerly Insurance Technologies) has been going through growing pains with no relief in sight. There are not enough developers to support the 200+ clients. Sales promises unreachable goals (and in some cases work that isn't possible). The C Suite does not seem to care about the employees by the way they treat us. The culture is most complaining and mediocre work. There is no motivation for going above and beyond. Training is non existent, they are trying to develop training but it is slow moving because there is more work than employees and constant production issues.Many of the 5 start reviews on indeed are written by people who are not supporting clients, be careful what you believe.

December 14, 2022
Thank you for your time and feedback. We work hard to make sure our employees have a positive working environment at Hexure. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience. We encourage all of our employees to contact the Human Resources department whenever we as a company are not meeting those goals. We are listening, and we strive to make meaningful changes. The Human Resources Department can be reached at 719-955-5129. Call and ask for Keegan. Thank you.

Hexure insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

No sense of direction

Priorities change from executive leadership often. The work culture is extremely poor and team morale is at an all time low. Employee retention is declining and the direction Senior Executives are going, largely have to do with their own ego. Countless times my coworkers are spoken of negatively by the COO and berates them in front of other coworkers. He will show you in a meeting, “ActiveTrack” (an activity management system that monitors what you do on your work computer, if he’s not happy on any given day. It is an awful work environment.

October 17, 2022
Thank you for your time and feedback. We work hard to make sure our employees have a positive working environment at Insurance Technologies. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience. We encourage you to contact the Human Resources department so we can further understand and address your concerns. You may reach the Human Resources Department at 719-955-5129 and ask for Keegan. Thank you

Positive culture and dynamic, fast-growing business

I've had a generally very good experience. I enjoy the location in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO, and the employees are typically excellent to work with. The company has a strong foundation with cutting-edge products, but it treats its employees as its most valuable resource.

Pros

Great office environment with remote-capable working arrangements as well, solid compensation and benefits.

Cons

Rapid growth has caused some turbulence, but that's probably mostly temporary.

October 29, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your insight. We agree, our employees are our most valuable resource! Thank you for all you do at Insurance Technologies.

Positive culture

All the folks that have worked closely with were interested in my success and were very supportive.The products are very complex and require a significant effort to master, that is clearly understood by those that are training or clarifying how specific areas work, never had a negative experience when asking questions.

Pros

The culture

Cons

Complex products

September 22, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are always cheering you on and want to help however we can, especially when learning about the Insurance Technologies products!

Good company location and work environment

Good company location and environment and good people to work with; the beautiful holiday decoration and nice holiday treats; Job is very secured and no layoff, of course a lot to learn and a lot to do always.

Pros

very nice working environment and flexibility, enjoy taking a break by walking along the downtown streets sometime during lunch hour, really a team work and have learned a lot from projects and from the team members, keep learning something new everyday, never be worried about layoff and you can work here until retire if you would like

Cons

like most of everything, would be more happier if I can do more tasks that I like as I did in previous careers

September 2, 2021
Thank you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoy the company location as well as the people you work with. Like you said, employees have great job security and we've had many with us for over 15 years and many that have also worked up until retirement. We appreciate your work and hope to keep up the fun holiday decorations!

Employer of choice

This has been a great company to work for. I look forward to working with my team and interacting with coworkers each day. The benefit package IT offers is the best I've seen. The leadership team is approachable and really advocate for their associates. I'm happy that my career has brought me here and I plan to stick around.

Pros

Everything.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of.

August 27, 2021
Thank you for your sincere review. We are happy your career has brought you to Insurance Technologies too! We appreciate all the work you're doing in our HR department.

Authentic leadership, smart people, good growth potential

I've worked for several other software companies in my career so I know that you don't always find a focus on the importance of the people behind the data, never mind a grounded, thoughtful, authentic leadership style with long-term vision. So far I see nothing less from Insurance Technologies. The company also offers a solid benefits package and a mix of many long-time employees and many new hires which helps strengthen the team culture and should be helpful for long-term, sustainable growth.

Pros

Ceo, corporate vision/current investment, open communication, healthcare benefits, growth path

Cons

Could further modernize benefits package and time off policies

August 24, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are proud to have many employees who have been here for 15+ years and to welcome many new hires each month as well. It's an exciting time to be at Insurance Technologies, especially with the long term vision that we are bringing to life. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for all your work!

Corporate culture at it's best.

Insurance Technologies is, by far, the most human place I've ever worked. It's challenging, like any employment. But the teams here have a level of concern and respect for the employee that is rare. I've been here 13 years. It was the best career decision I ever made. And I'll finish my career here.

August 23, 2021
Thank you for your review, and for all your hard work the past 13 years! We are lucky to have you. We strive to be a company that cares for our employees, and I'm glad you feel the same way.

Csr

Great place to work and grow. Great benefits, vacation. Everyone is willing to help if you need help. Training at its best. I give a 5 star company to work for.

August 4, 2021
Thank you for your review! We try to make it a 5 star experience and are happy to hear you feel the same.

Productive Workplace with many benefits

I have been working at IT for over 20 years. That in itself should tell how rewarding of an experience it has been. Work is hard and that holds true here as well. It can be demanding to hold to project costs and timeframes and that takes work! While working hard we are given the freedom to use our own knowledge and experiences to help each other get the job done. We rely heavily on each person at our company to do their part to make everything a success which in turn contributes to your success! Be ready to work, be a Team Player and use your valuable skills. This is a great Company to work for with many outstanding benefits and with dedicated people to help you succeed.

Pros

Work hard and be a part of great team(s)

July 12, 2021
Thank you for your review and thank YOU for all of your hard work the past 20 years. You are spot on - hard work is hard, but with a good team and the resources you need - it leads to success after success. We hope to have you with us for another 20+ years!

Great company. Everyone works hard and makes work fun as well as a learning environment.

Working with Insurance Tech has been great. They are organized, my managers are accessible, and I am able to ask questions, learn and grow my professional skills and career. Management cares about you and your personal goals. I have been able to continue education with certifications, school, etc... which helps me see progress and future growth. The work life balance is great. I can leave work at work and focus on my family when I need that as well.

June 17, 2021
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on making sure our employees are having positive experiences. We are grateful to hear that you've been able to grow professionally and now with your continued education as well. Best of luck!

Nope

Awful place. Poor culture. Hateful. Backstabbing. Can I say terrible. Unkind. Poor for health. Work in a silo. No support. Glad I left. Bunch of bs to get you in the door and they don’t back it up

Pros

Fitness onsite

Cons

Awful

June 17, 2021
Thank you for your time and feedback. We work hard to make sure our employees have positive experiences working at Insurance Technologies, so it's unfortunate to learn that you did not feel that way. I would like to learn more about your experience. If you're available and open to discuss these matters in further detail, please call 719-442-6400 and ask to speak to Jen in the HR department. Thank you.

Great place to work!

Competitive compensation, the company pays for the employee's medical, dental, vision and ancillary benefits. The office is located in downtown Colorado Springs and it's near a bunch of great restaurants to stop by for lunch. However staff are working from home due to Covid at this time. Fun culture, it's a great place to work!

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Company Culture

June 17, 2021
Thank you for you review! We are grateful to have you as part of Insurance Technologies family and hope you've been doing well while working remotely.

Innovative hardworking team that allow me room to grow

Working at IT has been so refreshing! The team is more than supportive and willing to help, and I can directly see my ideas and hard work being put into action. Working remotely has been an adjustment but there is constant communication across all departments. IT offers an amazing benefit package that makes me feel secure. I would highly recommend working here!

Pros

The people

Cons

Can't think of any!

June 17, 2021
We are happy to hear that it's been a refreshing experience and that you enjoy working with your team. Thank you for your review!

interesting workplace culture

Strange workplace culture, but it works for them. Upper management is pretty good, it's at the PM level where there are problems. A co-worker of mine once referred to it as a "predator vs. prey" environment.

June 17, 2021
Thank you for your time and for this insightful review. It's unfortunate to hear that you felt that way. If you're open and available to discussing your experience in more detail, that would be greatly appreciated! Please call 719-442-6400 and ask to speak to Jen in the HR Department. Thank you!

Insurance Technologies

I will always miss my time and co-workers at IT! I began my employment there as an office admin but this company values their people, and educates, trains, supports, and promotes from within. If I were to move back to Colorado, it is the first place I would try to work again.

June 17, 2021
Thank you for your sincere review. It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your time at Insurance Technologies and the people you worked with -- I'm sure you're missed as well. Feel free to keep an eye on our jobs page as we are actively hiring for many positions.

Lost Focus

Company used to care about it employees and supported them. Now they are all about sacrificing everything and everyone to meet goals that no one knows what they are. It was a fun place to work, most are just trying to survive the day without getting into trouble. Turn over has gone up and they don't care.

June 17, 2021
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We take great pride in our employee experience and if your experience fell short of expectations I would love to know more details. If you're available and open to discussing this, please call 719-442-6400 and ask to speak to Jen in the HR Department. Thank you!

Nice place to work

It took a while to be hired here. I do believe that they hire people more qualified for the job then they need to be which leads to some dissatisfaction in actual duties and day to day operations. I found that the benefits were awesome and the management was amazing in my department.

Pros

Wonderful Management, awesome people, great benefits, gym onsite, healthy programs, beautiful cafeteria

Cons

Lack of challenge, which leads to job dissatisfaction, and a failure to grow in professional skill set

June 17, 2021
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed management and the benefits at Insurance Technologies. Thank you for the feedback, we will take that into consideration with our hiring practices!

Productive, Fun & Challenging

As with all jobs, there's a learning curve. It took me about two months to really start to get a handle on everything that was expected of me, but my coworkers were friendly and very helpful bringing me up to speed. As my familiarity and experience with the code grew, I was entrusted with more and more. At first, a typical day at work involved defect handling, correcting/writing code to fix specific errors. This involves quite a bit of communication with the testers, who are helpfully seated nearby. After I'd proved myself adept at that, I was asked to begin implementing new functionality from specifications documents. These days, I'm communicating directly with client management as one of the lead developers on a project. I've learned a lot in the two years I've been here, especially regarding web services and the UI. Insurance Technologies works very hard to make sure that all coworkers work well on teams, and as a result almost everyone is friendly. There's rarely any conflict, as we count on each other for help and ideas when we need assistance. The hardest part of the job? That varies depending on the project, largely. For one project I didn't really get along with my project manager, so I tried my best to stay beneath notice. For a different project, the hardest part was trying to stay busy despite not having much work. It's commonly accepted it's either feast or famine when it comes to the amount of work to do. Either there's a lot of work to do, or there's nothing to do. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was listening to music or audio books -

Pros

25-cent soda machines, close to lots of fast food places, rec room, awesome health care

Cons

Meetings sometimes during lunch hours

June 17, 2021
Thank you for your detailed review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your co-workers as well as learning the process. It's insightful to learn about your experience, so thank you for your time in sharing this feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hexure. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Hexure in popular locations

Hexure reviews by popular job title

• Hexure