HeyTutor
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

HeyTutor Employee Reviews

United States113 reviews

tutorstudentflexibleflexibilitysupportivescheduleschoolamazing

Awesome place to work at if you enjoy helping others!

I only worked here for a couple of months and my overall experience was great besides waiting a while to actually begin working. Great place to work at if you love school age children and are patient. Pay was also ideal, I wish it was a full time job.

Great opportunity to build skills

It was a great opportunity to gain experience in a school setting if you are undecided about teaching or working in a school. You are able to build partnerships with school faculty.

Pros

Great experience working with school faculty and students.

Cons

Uncertainty of job opportunity after the school year ends.

HeyTutor insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

consistent work, but is temporary

-be aware that you will need to collect and report data if you are working with HT remotely-some work will be contract tutoring assignments through school districts-you have the opportunity to use HT marketplace platform to accept other clients-lots of different supervisor for remoter tutors; and SLACK is the communication platform, so be sure to ask for clarification via email if you don't understand something--it also helps to screenshot messages if you are getting conflicting answers, just because messages get deleted after a while -pay is fine-- varies depending on location and if services are in-person or remote

Great

It was great I do not have any complaints. I was a tutor for a semester at a middle school. I do have complaints about the middle school hit hey tutor was overall okay.

Tutor

The lesson plans were very helpful and organized, but management had lack of communication which was understandable due to the amount of tutors, but there were times where they didn't address situations well, and even deleted messages.

Great work place.

Good experience of working with Heyutors. Sufficient salary with personal help and relations. But its not stable and reliable as tutions are not stable. As a tutor we not only tought subjects we also developed our skills and knowledge in particular subjects.Its was very useful as due to this my skills and personality developed very well.

Awesome experience

Company offers a variety of students, locales, and schedule options after acceptance. I enjoy the freedom to choose to work with students in home, school, or virtually. Great place to work in if you want independence.

Working very comfortable

The work I do with the students from Heytutor is incredibly satisfying. Management is supportive. They care about the tutors and the students. Satisfying work with a great management team.

Pros

Supportive management, flexible schedule

Nice Experience

I have nice experience . Best environment in home for tuition. When a child take tuition at home they concentrate on their study perfectly. I think home tuition is much better for growing children. so i can get a good experience of work, and use it in future.

Productive and work from home

This job has a flexible schedule and is remote. It is a good tutoring job, but management is okay. I was able to help students with their academic needs, so that’s a plus!

Bad place

Worst place to work. Management is a joke. Do not work here ever. Save your time and energy. They will over work you and gaslight you. Better to not have a job

fun productive place to work

good typical workday, helping and assisting students and teachers. Fair schedule monday-friday. you may work part time and you recieve pay based on experience.

Great Work, Lousy Company

Management fails to answer employee questions. They also break agreements regarding number of hours available, etc., without notice, dropping employees from, say 28 hours a week, to less than four. When you complain, you will likely get a response akin to "Tough t****." Not a place to work if you need more than lunch money.

Great flexibility, not a lot of communication

The hiring/onboarding process took a little longer than expected and made my start date delayed. I then got my assignment and have loved every minute of working on campus with the kiddos. During my first week, I was given two week's notice that the tutors were being termed, but we could reapply in the Fall. I was expecting to continue this job until summer so being termed so quickly was a shock.

Horrible communication

Everything was going great they hired me, I went to the orientation; but I received my schedule on Sunday afternoon and got scheduled when I was still finishing up my two week notice at my current job. I told them about my two week notice before hand yet they scheduled me on the days of my two week notice. I emailed them again a week before I was supposed to start about my schedule I got a response saying they would reach out to the district and never got back to me. They wasted my time and money, horrible communication. On top of that they would change the site they assigned you multiple times.

I am basically a teacher for 2 hours and get paid way less.

If the pay was more, I would be happier. Babysitters get paid more for watching 1 child, I have to teach way more! And get paid way less. I am basically a teacher for 2 hours and get paid way less.

Working Environment is Really Nice

Heytutor offers a supportive, collegial, and highly rewarding environment for those who understand the nature of the job. The employees of Heytutor are passionate about helping their students, and, to me, this is the most rewarding part of the job. Good work environment, good hourly pay

they poach from other sites and bait n switch

they poached me from another job site and offered me in person tutorial lessons near me. the interviewing was rather long. then they only offered me the one initial one from a poaching text, and it was for a student 30 minutes away. after that they required me to use their online platform with no materials or pay them to use theirs.

Pros

freedom

Cons

few classes / bait n switched

Satisfying work with a great management team

The job gives me flexibility, pays pretty well, and the students have a purpose and are motivated. Tutoring at Heytutor has been a really fun and rewarding experience.

Flexible schedule!

I love the flexibility of setting my own schedule, working with tutors, students, and just feeling like I am making a difference in people's lives! Flexible schedule!

One of the best Tutoring Company

One of the best Tutoring Companies. I worked there less than a year, however the company culture was supportive and positive. My manager was very understanding and always took the time to answer my questions and make me feel more connected to the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HeyTutor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits