Heywood Hospital Employee Reviews

Over worked, under paid
Unit Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MANovember 16, 2018
The stress level at the hospital can be overwhelming. The managers don't take that into consideration. They, instead, like to put more responsibilities on the employees.
mental health case management
Patient Monitor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MANovember 7, 2018
I got a preview of what it was like to deal with patients who had severe mental health problems, both children and adults. The hospital provided a fun and supportive environment.
flexible work place and has vacation time for part timers
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MANovember 6, 2018
I enjoy the people that I work with and I enjoy the flexibility of the hours. I can pick up hours if I want. I work with people that need extra help. I enjoy being able to help people.
Pros
has a gym, vacation time, flexible hours.
Cons
I really have none.
stressful
EVS Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 26, 2018
was awful when I worked there now it`s the worst place in north central mass to work cafeteria is a mess not clean they protect the employees who don`t work but kiss up , and use the ones that put in a hard days work
Pros
benifits
Cons
too many to list esecially the ceo &his cronies
Heywood Hospital
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MA 01440August 16, 2018
Good environment. Only have per-diem status interpreting jobs. Besides the lack of consistent hours, it is a good place to work. People are friendly and it's very small town feel is good.
great co-workers
Radiologic Technologist (R)(M) (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 15, 2018
Great people are employed by Heywood hospital, they create a great team. Their number one concern is their patients and it shows, they provide great care and are truly concerned for the patient.
Poorly managed
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 6, 2018
As things are shifting within management, positions are being eliminated. Many long time employees are leaving, and they are not being replaced. The work load gets shifted and spread out amongst other employees. This has resulted in an overworked, under appreciated, stressed out staff. The lab is suffering. The training offered to new employees is terrible. It is too much responsibility for an under paid position in my opinion. Patient care should come first. If staff is poorly trained, patient care suffers.
Heywood Medical Group
Clinical Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  medical groupApril 24, 2018
Poor management at Heywood Medical Group. Difficult group of people to try to work with. Resistive to change to improve work atmosphere and environment. Medical group keeps nursing salary artificially low.
training
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 16, 2018
training could improve and encourage employees to work .
This job is overwhelming and too busy to learn everything at once , you are thrown in position you are not able to preform on your own.
Pros
health insurance and holiday pay
Cons
you are thrown all over the place for your scheduled
Informative
Licensed Practical Nurse student (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMarch 13, 2018
I was a L.P.N. student during maternity clinical rotation and I enjoyed training there. Gained hands on training on maternal and newborn assessments, care, immunizations, and documentation.
Pros
Fun Clinical instructor
Cons
it was an hour away
Poor management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Heywood Hospital and HMG (Heywood Medical Group) have become more and more poorly managed over the years. Morale is low and lack of appropriate staffing in the HMG offices causes low morale. Though they are trying to correct this, it will not be rectified as long as the managers continue to show favoritism; good employees leave because they are given the work the poor employees cannot or will not do. They lose employees regularly and there is no stability.
Pros
Benefits, employee discounts
Cons
Poor management; under-staffing
small community hospital
Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 11, 2018
Small community hospital with great inpatient and outpatient nutritional services. Hospital supports local community for health and wellness. Limited advancement
Good
Director (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJanuary 21, 2018
It was good small community hospital. Lots of opportunity for the hospital to grow. Great little community. Lots of nurses of seasoned MDs and nurses.
growing local hospital
ULTRASOUND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MADecember 19, 2017
The hospital is in a transitional growth period and many of the changes are positive and helpful for the community. There are many struggles that are occurring withing the hospital with staff that can be expected during times of growth.
Pros
sense of community
Cons
newer management not fully appreciating staff
Heywood Hospital Review
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MADecember 11, 2017
I decided it was time for me to find a new job that I would enjoy much more. I simply did not enjoy working at Heywood Hospital. It was nothing against anyone.
Excellent Town Hospital
Director of Nursing, Transitional Care Center (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 21, 2017
Heywood Hospital is a small community Hospital, providing excellent care to the patients of the community. Great environment and team approach. Taking time to walk a guest or visitor or even a patient to their destination was very important, whereas the CEO would rather us be late for a Monthly Meeting, and provided personalized care to every person in the building. The team culture was one of the best I have ever worked in. Each Department respected and worked as a team to provide the best delivery of care to each patient, with positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Close to home for many patients
Cons
Does not have the competency that a large trauma Facility would have
Great Group Work Environment
Nutrition Services and Diabetes Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 22, 2017
The dietetics office at Heywood Hospital was a great environment whether you are an intern, diet tech, or employee. Denise is a sympathetic and involved manager who is always encouraging her team to do well. The lay out of the office is all "open door policy" and there is a great ability for collaboration.
this place is a joke
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 22, 2017
ive worked there and the management is a joke always chasing the bad employees the good ones are getting dumped one every time they turn around supervisors have no say it is a one person show the supervisors boss doesnt correct problems at all. work some where else do not waiste your time here.
Pros
quiting
Cons
poor management all the way to the ceo
grat place
Assistant Director of Facility Services (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MA 01440August 15, 2017
actually hoping to advance my state certification in time to meet requirements of a job I saw posted for there.. will see. is a completely different position. and better management now as was operated by service master at the time and not so good
Awful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  WestminsterJuly 8, 2017
HMG is a horrible company to work for. They go through employees all the time, it's always a revolving door. They just lost a 2 providers in June. although they haven't notified their patients. If they lie to their primary source of income it just goes to show how they treat their employees.Office manager is like a teenager always full of gossip about employees.
Pros
Cons
Everything including office manager