HG Arts logo
HG Arts

HG Arts Employee Reviews

United States17 reviews

Poor Management

Management did not communicate very well. The biggest issue was the company did not allocate their spending in a realistic manner. Paychecks were typically a week or more late. Vendors were consistently holding our production materials and not delivering them due to late or defaulted payments.

Pros

Your average employee was a joy to work with. Very fun and friendly environment.

Cons

Late paychecks and poor upper management.

Terrible ceo and company

Favoritism for fake artists who have been with the company a long time and blatantly ripping off other people's artwork. Artists with credibility, standards and original ideas are not given a fair chance here. Don't waste your time if you are a true artist; even with a fine arts degree and decades of experience, and passing their initial artist hiring "test". You won't last.

Pros

Cons

unfair treatment on all counts

Horrible management

They didn't pay us for weeks, they would lie, they didn't know how to manage their money and spent it on other things like their shoes and making galleries as if they would.

Pros

nothing

Hard to find job with same pay and benefits

I moved from Orlando and find it difficult to find job with same pay and benefits. I learned a lot and enjoyed my co-workers. I thought I worked hard and did a good job. Received two promotions during the years I worked their. One small annoyance was some long term employees gossiping, not carrying their work load, and producing a lesser quality of work. I'd work at HG again if I ever move back to Orlando.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Gossiping instead of working

This compny would be nothing without their artists - yet they take advantage of.

The company quit paying royalties to the artists in 2015. Employee turnover is constant (and should have been a red flag). I received the constant runaround (lies) RE: payment due thru 2016 - then the no response to phone calls or repeated emails after that. This has been a huge company for quite sometime, and seemed to be growing and growing (into the ground). I hate seeing a new gallery/showroom open in Dallas when they would refuse to even pay their artists. Hello!! You would not even be a company with out your artists. Booo!

Cons

employee turnover too frequent, lies from upper management, non-payment

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Owner has driven company into the ground

Late or no paychecks given because they don't have enough money. Supplies also not available for work that has been paid for by clients. We were informed to lie or not answer phone calls for clients concerned about extremely late orders. Do Not waste your time at this company they do not pay or respect employees.

Pros

Working with art

Cons

Not being paid, no health insurance, owner is rude and lies

The worst upper management.

Employees are treated like dirt even though they're incredibly loyal. Paychecks are usually late. Every week it gets worse, with more lay offs, water getting shut off in the building, the a/c going off to save money, supplies are scarce, tensions are high, upper management is unprofessional, often lashing out when they're upset. Artists don't get paid their royalties. Even artists who work within the company do not get paid their royalties for work used by HG that they had made outside of the studio and work hours.

Pros

At least I'm working with art.

Cons

bad benefits, poor upper management, late paychecks, high stress

Horrible work environment! Place is full of lies!!!

No paycheck, Broken promises. Doesn't care about the employees. Continued lies about what is going on. Cant even pay for product/ owes everybody!!!!!

Cons

ot a good environment. Financial problems

not a good environment. Financial problems. Stressful at times. Paycheck not given on a timely and consistent manner. Very unorganized. There are a few good workers with nice attitudes

RUN-Don't Walk

This company is failing. Take the reviews very seriously. Management is disjointed and aloof. Employees are not getting paid. This is a fact. Artist's are not getting their royalty checks probably since 2015. This is a fact. You will think you have Health Ins. but you will not. You pay into it but the company doesn't pay the remaining. Employees are either leaving or being laid off for no reason. They are down to 1/2 of their staff. Do not apply unless you like not getting paid for your time and efforts. Move on and find a job that is more secure and one that pays you and has high morals.

Pros

Good entry level staff

Cons

Don't get paid

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HG Arts?

Run! Whatever you do don't work for this company!

This company is struggling! Don't work for them.... They can barely pay their employee's - eviction notices - unpaid artists! They laid off a bunch of people and fired people cause they don't have any money. They can't even buy the materials to make the artwork. Honestly, it sounds like an amazing job, but you will work and not get paid.

Pros

Cons

everything

Not worth it - find another job to apply for

Owner states "does not care about anyone here" this shows throughout the company. Creates a "fend for yourself" atmosphere. Now matter how important your position is, you are never more than a "sorry to tell you but this is your last day"... Always hiring, always firing. Lots of financial issues...

Great staff, poor management

The management at HG is very cliquish, and unless you are part of that clique (or a consultant), you are not considered important. The production team members are great people, who really care about the work they do. However, the owner does not seem to consider them important or worthwhile, and does not show appreciation for their hard work or long hours. You will never be thanked for doing a good job. When business slows down, people are laid off / fired without even being told the reason. It's as if the owner does not want to admit that business is slow. I never had any performance issues or write-ups, and I had excellent work attendance. However, I was told "we are letting you go", with no reason given. If you want to work side by side with good people, but be unappreciated by management, go for it.

Pros

Co-workers, decent vacation time

Cons

Ownership and upper management

Fairly stable job with good people

Co-workers provide a good work environment though management is somewhat distant from the day to day of how things operate. They have a good benefits package and good middle management, though sales and production have a certain degree of disconnect that effects due dates and thus stress levels. Upper management / ownership is not very communicative when it comes to appreciation, or employee progress. Multiple employees were terminated without being given any indication as to reason or if they were showing poor performance.

Pros

Decent pay, good beneifits, fun employees

Cons

disconnected sales and upper management, unrealisitic epectations at times regarding due dates

This company failed to pay royalty owed to its represented artists

I was one of the artists represented by HG Arts. I still did not receive the royalty payment from HG Arts on hundreds of works duplicated in 2015. I have contacted HG Arts multiple times over the past six months including messages sent to six different employees. I write this review to warn artists to never do business with this company!

Creatively Fulfilling and Challenging

This a was a creatively fulfilling job for me. I was able to assist in the big picture aspect of creating and implementing new department from scratch to help advance the company to be more vertically integrated. I was also assigned to work on start up of a new sister company and with this I was able to develop and refine a new set of skills. Daily I managed a team to help prioritize workflow to meet evolving deadlines as well as work closely with vendors to obtain various materials to complete these jobs on a tight deadline. My coworkers were like family and there was a real positive vibe in the workplace which greatly affected company morale in a positive way.

warehouse jobs

i love warehouse jobs cause i like fast paced jobs , and i have experiance in warehouses , so if i was hired i would alreay know what to do , even though work is not a place to make friends i get along w/ co-workers because they like the way i work im organized , neat , talktaive etc, I havent had a hard part yet in warehouse yet . the most enjoyable part of my job is getting my job done .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HG Arts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight