HG Fenton Company Employee Reviews

Favortism
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2018
If upper management liked you then you could do anything you wanted to. And the employees that were liked would be promoted. The responsible hard working employees were always treated unfairly because they weren't liked.
leasing manager
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2017
I loved working for HG Fenton. I was a leasing manager for 1 year at HG Fenton. I loved leasing apartments, it was fun for a while, but I eventually got burnt out. The pay was too low and the commute was too long. Plus, my main boss was very difficult. She was good at her job, but she was very snide and disrespectful.
Pros
Great company, great opportunities for growth
Cons
Low starting pay
HG Fenton Company
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2017
HG Fenton Company is the best company that I have ever worked for. They treat their employees and customers very well. They mean everything they say and stand for.
Productive and fun workplace with great work life balance
Acting Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2017
Great workplace culture. The atmosphere is wonderful and the management is great. Work life balance is very important and they strive to make it a fun and inviting place to work.
Pros
Gym, Snack Bar, Outside BBQ and lunch Area
Best company to work for
Administrative Assistant -Contract (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108February 6, 2017
Great company, with great opportunities.
HG Fenton promotes a positive work-life balance, and a great company culture with free snacks in the kitchen area, and frequent company meetings where we are all updated on the company's progress.
Great place to be
Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2016
HG Fenton is a quality employer. they value thier employees and live the values they instill in the workplace.
working for this company was a pleasure and set a standard for excellence in my future work experience.
Pros
great people
Cons
May be a good company, but
Temp Admin Asst. (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CANovember 1, 2016
The person I worked for was a witch who had no business being a manager of people. Very negative vibes from all empployees. Running scared.
Pros
Close to home; good reputation
Cons
Horrible management; shady apartment rental practices.
Great work environment where company stands behind employees
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2014
- Day to day marketing
- Management provides extensive training
- Strict hiring requirement and personality testing done to ensure like minded employees
Excellent Company!
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
Great employee morale and fun place to work! Managed the day to day accounts receivable and resident retention programs. Required an ability to multi-task and keep a smile on your face at all times. Never a boring day, always busy and meeting new people.
High producing environment with great company!
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2014
My experience with HG Fenton has been a positive one. It's a great company that obviously cares about it's employees. I work at our most luxurious and premier community and work at a fast pace with a lot of responsibility.
Innovative and Great Company to work for
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2013
Great company to work for. You will learn a lot as a Leasing Manager and take your skills to other companies to further your growth. The company culture was amazing. Great management. The best part of the job I enjoy was helping others find a place to live and being part of that process. Work on most holidays and every weekend. There is no balance in work and personal life.
Company has great benefit package and very customer service oriented.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2013
Fenton knows how to take care of their residents. They take pride in making sure the residents needs are met as best as possible.

A day would consist of turning apartments, doing reports, service requests and coordinating vendors.
Excellent place to work
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2013
They recognize and facilitate potential. Day-to-day work offers varied tasks and keeps the day interesting. Great incentives for those who perform well.
Pros
Pay well, many perks (e.g. company phone, apparel allotment, free lunches)
Cons
coffee, return all messages, check vendor list/property have fun interacting with tenants.
Property Manager or Assistant (Former Employee) –  North County CaliforniaMay 26, 2013
How to have fun in the work-place. Learning that most people are pretty understanding once they understand a situation or are explained the further whats the problems are. My experience has been my best teacher in learning how to resolve most problems.

As a manger I'm, easy going and believe in working as part of the team. My co-worker would say "if you do your job" you won't have any problems. The hardest part of any job would be making connections with the people and watching them move, relocate or pass-on.

I enjoy working with people!
Pros
free rent, salary, health benefits, fun place to work.
Cons
Never apprecitaed, uable to communicte with managers, low resident retention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HG Fenton Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3