HHS Employee Reviews

Not recomended
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Turkey Creek, TNSeptember 15, 2018
Not enough workers on my shift so the few workers had to pick up slack. In 20 min i was asked to do 4 things, not human possible,not worth it . They don't care about workers.
Pros
Cons
to many
Teamwork
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2018
It is a great work environment for chefs to get a better quality of life and to break away and further career outside of the kitchen envirnment.
The culture at HHS is an open door policy. From the CEO to the dishwasher technician, everyone is willing to help each other out. Can reach out to anyone with a problem or a task that you might not get.
There is constant relocating, in order to move on up the corporate ladder, which after a while can become tiresome.
Company is full of empty promises...
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 11, 2018
H.H.S. was a company that lead me to believe I would move up into a higher position for a few months but never followed through with their word. Other employees were unreliable and caused problems among all employees. The hospital staff was fantastic in Salt Lake but the company itself was full of empty promises.
September 13, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience with HHS. We do provide ample opportunities for our strongest team members to advance within the company, and have promoted over 20 individuals from hourly positions into salaried positions in the past 12 months. Sometimes this can take some time, so it does require some patience as well as continued hard work and dedication. Many of our leaders began their careers with HHS in hourly positions, and we are proud of this history. I’m sorry to hear that you left the company before you had the opportunity to advance. I wish you all the best in your future career.

Successful Managers must be committed
Director (Current Employee) –  Central FloridaSeptember 5, 2018
Overall good company. Friendly relations with other leaders inside the hospital and other facilities. If you are Managing well and your customer likes you, upper management will let you run your operation. There are policies and guideline to follow but you are able to hire your own staff to fit your style if you are there long term. Creating a team that takes pride in their work is enjoyable. Managing and motivating low wage employees can have its challenges but also great rewards when you are able to promote the diamonds that are out there. Making a pleasant environment for Patients and seeing them thankful and smiling, is also a great reward for anyone who enjoys customer/patient interaction. Health Benefits could be better for such a growing company.
Pros
Autonomy, Good salary and bonus plan, hire your own staff.
Cons
Hours, Always on call 24/7, Benefits are not good for Management
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 5, 2018
HHS is a great company to work for. The training provided is better than other contracting companies provide. It's not a field for anyone who's lazy and doesn't want to get your hands dirty. If you're wanting a desk job this is not for you. Hospitals run 24/365 and you're expected to be available when situations come up.
Worst company to work for!
RVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TrxasAugust 30, 2018
Upper Management is useless and clueless. Supervisor is a fall guy for anything and everything wrong. You are not given the tools or authority to run the business correctly and pressed for results. Training consists of videos that do not tell you everything you need to know. There is no support and nothing but stress. They also illegally “adjust” your time card to avoid overtime. And after all that they fire you if the client complains.
Pros
Cons
Hours, no training, stress, no tools to do the job, idiot Directors with no education or training
September 6, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience with HHS. Your accusation that your manager adjusted your timecard to avoid overtime is serious. As you said, that is an illegal practice and is not something that HHS condones or accepts at our job sites. I’d like to ask that you please utilize the Open Door Policy and contact the OneTeam Helpline at 800-229-2028 to provide more details on your account and this situation so that we can look further into it.
All of our managers undergo an intensive two week training at the beginning of their time with HHS. This period helps to prepare them for the rigors of the job so that they can better understand the expectations that HHS has for our managers and for our team members. Upon graduating that program, they receive monthly training in all aspects of HHS policies, procedures, and management practices. Our training program for team members includes a series of training videos, which were completely revised and updated last year, as well as on-the-job training. These HHS training programs are routinely recognized as industry leading. If you ever find yourself back on the HHS team, please share this type of feedback in real-time so we can provide you a better experience.
Bobby Floyd, COO

Enjoyed helping people fell better.
Supervisor ( Director ) (Current Employee) –  Seminole, OKAugust 27, 2018
I would work on making sure my employees were ready for the day. Ensure a safe workplace. Focus a lot of time on customer care and improving customers life.
September 6, 2018

Thank you for all of your hard work with HHS. I appreciate your dedication to safety, caring for your team, and supporting our customer.
Bobby Floyd, COO

Best As A Short Stop Between Trains
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 27, 2018
HHS is the bottom-feeding product of hospitals that are hemorraghing financially and are desperate to cut costs without regard to the long-term effects on their customers or the in-house staff they jettison to HHS. Hospitals can't get away with contracting out their nursing staff without serious consequences so tend to do so with "non-professional" departments such as EVS and Food Services. HHS can offer instant cost savings to hospitals because the hospitals no longer have to provide typical healthcare coverage to the staff they jettison. This can be serious money for a large hospital. Of course, HHS doesn't provide anything close to adequate healthcare coverage and certainly not at a cost a typical front-line worker can afford. HHS will also come in, survey the facility and cut staffing based on worthless productivity data that renders all housekeepers to be robots that never break down, don't tire or have their work interrupted over an 8-hour shift nor go to the bathroom. That's assuming all the robots show up for work and that there are no position vacancies. Of course, that's never the case and the daily operations are then typically chaos on steroids. HHS uses the term Assistant Director in their hiring ads but one must understand this position is pretty much the same thing as a Supervisor. You will have direct reports and other assorted responsibilities including cleaning toilets, stocking supplies, hauling waste and soiled linen, and the multitude of other oppressive managerial duties corporate buries AD's with. These duties can easily translate into 10 - 12 hour days.  more... As an added bonus, corporate has AD's and Directors complete monthly, on-line busy work in the way of articles and associated quizzes that you'll end up having to do on your own time if you're in a busy hospital or chaotic situation. This can easily translate into another two to three hours of your life on top of your 50+ hour work week.Hospitals are also duped by contractors such as HHS to believe they have the magic bullet to greatly improve poor HCHAPs scores. This is, in most cases, poppycock as the three hospitals I worked in never moved the needle. Scripting staff, turn-down services, etc., are generally worthless when trying to improve scores. Of course, no one trying to sell these services to a hospital will admit to this but this is the bottom-line truth. Various HCHAPs consultant companies have made fortunes from the utopian vision of positive patient responses they profess to know the secrets to. They then tell you if your scores don't move that you're not doing it right, need to replace department management, hire a contractor, etc. In other words, they don't really have the answers but they've been successful milking hospitals for millions which could have been used to keep their departments in-house. If your hospital is 30, 40 or 50+ years old, you are going to be in the bottom half or quartile of all hospitals in the database no matter what tap dances you try to perform. HHS doesn't have an honest solution to poor scores either but will hold managers responsible and mandate additional busy work (i.e. patient interviews) to ensure that you know they think it's your fault and the poor scores can only be due to your incompetence. My message to hospitals is that by renovating small, cluttered patient rooms with small bathrooms and small windows looking out onto rooftops with air conditioner condensing units, pipes and other rmechanical equipment will never get you there, either. Building a new hospital or gutting your existing facility to the exterior walls is the real answer. Scripting and patient interviews will get you what you're paying for (i.e. no improvement). I haven't worked for HHS for several years now but I can see from other recent reviews that nothing has changed. For most people, HHS will be a short stop between trains due to low pay and working conditions for front-line staff and poor work/life balance, chaos due to staff turnover and desperation, leadership hiring into peer and superior positions for management-level openings. HHS, from my experience, has a knack for hiring unconscious incompetents into AD and above level positions. These tend to be people that perceive themselves to be bosses instead of leaders. This leads to the misery expressed in many of the front-line staff reviews. The boss types are usually twenty-somethings from tough neighborhoods hired into AD positions who are anxious to let everyone know they're in charge and know everything there is to know. They are clueless and a cancer. The good people leave and the cancer survives. This is the story of HHS.  less
Pros
Finding another job
Cons
Not being able to find another job
September 13, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your experience with HHS. You listed quite a few concerns, so I would like to respond to each of them to let you know what we’re doing and how we support our managers, our teams, and our partners.

One of the biggest reasons that our partners choose to work with HHS as a contracting company is because of the expertise we are able to provide. Our hospital partners are experts in clinical care, but they oftentimes do not have the background or support network needed to run a successful EVS or foodservice department. With our national support network, executive teams with decades of experience, and extensive training programs, HHS is well equipped to run a top-notch support service program. Our training program is the best in the industry, and the monthly training packs you mentioned are filled with relevant information that helps our managers to do their jobs better. We are cognizant of the added time these training packs add, which is why we aim to limit them to just 1-2 hours of work per month.
As far as our staffing model, we have compared HHS staffing levels to both in-house programs and our competitors, and in most cases the HHS model/recommendation for staffing is greater than the others.

As you mentioned, we do require hands-on work from all of or managers. This is not a job for someone who wants to sit behind a desk all day. You will get your hands dirty in this position, and we fully expect managers to pick up a mop and clean the floors when needed. Most of our executive team and our ownership group has spent time working  more... as a director or even as an hourly team member, so we have all experienced the type of work you are describing. Having this experience helps each of us to better support our teams and understand the rigors of the job.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not see improvements in HCAHPS at your account while you were with HHS, but your statement about us not impacting scores is not accurate. We have many facilities which have improved cleanliness scores and we are frequently asked to provide this information to our hospital partners. This is one of the reasons that our partners choose to work with HHS and contributes to our 97% account retention rate. Hiring caring team members who greet patients with a kind and attentive attitude absolutely can affect a patient’s perception of cleanliness and service. For our partners who have older buildings, we can still make a big difference by ensuring that room and restroom are clean, and patients receive great customer service from the EVS team. We have many older facilities that score in the 75th percentile or above in cleanliness scores.

We have a diverse team of leaders throughout HHS, with individuals from all types of backgrounds. We do our best to train them in the technical side and help them grow. I am proud of the team that we have built, and continue to build, here at HHS. We are fortunate to have so many long-term, caring employees and leaders who have helped to push this company forward. I’m sorry that HHS was not the right fit for you, but I wish you all the best in your future career.

Best, Bobby Floyd, COO

Great People
Transporter and Discharges cleaning (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2018
Everyday was amazing and new challenges come up but the people I worked with were amazing and treated each other like a family. I meet a lot of people.
Horrible Bosses 3
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILAugust 8, 2018
This is a horrible company, they lie to you from the first interview until you just get to a point where you no longer want to be there, management doesn't support you nor do they give you the tools you need to be successful.
Poor management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 8, 2018
They don't treat you right here at all the only thing is good is that the hours are reasonable. Overall too many people quit and some employees get blame for stuff even if you do your very best they don't acknowledge you.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Presently erratic and unstable work environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2018
I no longer feel that working at HHS is in my personal best interests. Nor am I comfortable working in their present environment scenario. I no longer feel respected, or valued after all my years of service to SRMC.
Pros
Free lunch up to 6 dollars daily
Cons
Health care, management and staffing issues
Evs
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNJuly 28, 2018
Contract company bidding to mostly medical facilities for the bottom dollar. Which in turn, means, the contract company directly controls every aspect of its employees, not the actual facility you work at. You must work for lower pay, as they bid a certain dollar amount per year to each facility, and the amount is usually cheaper than any other company, and they must get their profit before you get your pay.
High turnover
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 22, 2018
There's no point in going to work for this company, you won't be there more than a few months.
They fire people all the time for no reason. If they don't fire you, they'll treat you so bad that you'll leave on your own.
Cons
Bad management, unethical, incompetent
Need to hire more educated & minority management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
This company is doesn't hire minority in a leadership role. Regardless of the experience or education. Sad yet true! No help from upper management if one is needed
No life work balance
PATIENT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 16, 2018
This company does not prepare you for the work load you are about to face. They work with limited staff and resources and the pay do not compensate time demanded. Management does not care of your wellbeing (at least in my case) It is about working long hours, doing someone else's job and little time off. I was often required to work on scheduled days off, 10 days straight and work 12 hour days every day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Long Long work days
Its so bad i dont know where to start???....
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 11, 2018
First off the pay sucks, the bosses dont understand much, it's like you cant have a life out of work. It's kinda like they treat you like working robots. They expect you to do so many tasks that it's impossible to do and its really hard to stay on top of things. I want to say if we had a better boss things will probably go much smoother but not in this pace things will just fall apart. They should treat people better especially because theres alot of hard workers but they are the ones that don't get respected.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Bosses, pay, disrespected
Character
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLJuly 5, 2018
I worked for HHS at Florida Hospital Dade City for a year and a couple months. It was the best year in my life! Despite missing out on school events, I learned that there was more to life, with that I built a lot of character and wisdom. You have a supportive team, a really nice supervisor and a straight forward manager. I honestly wish I never left.
Pros
Discount lunch, safety cards, flexible schedule, everyone is helpful and nice!
Cons
None that I can think of.
Horribly worst management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 30, 2018
The management team is not concerned about there employees at all. The people that was placed in charged don't know how to talk to people. Everything that they do it is about them not the employees or the patient's in the hospital.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not team players judgemental horrible attitudes.
Poplar Bluff Mo
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  PoplaJune 25, 2018
This is the absolute worst job I’ve ever had if you want to be treated poorly and make no money this is the perfect job for you! Stay as far away as you can from this job.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HHS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss