HHS Employee Reviews

Review
Custodial service worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Management does not try to fix the problem with employee, let other get away with thing. The first shift and second shift are against one another no team work or commication skills with one another. change of manger every 3 months not getting the right people to manage others. Started working with Aramark in 2007 Aramark was a great company they would give you very incitive St.. Micheals was getting they change company in 2015 to HHS and its been rough every since.
Top Level Management Does not Listen
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 4, 2019
Hostile work environment. Any attempt to get help from Austin Office resulted in retaliation from the management staff.
The Company in Austin, TX refused to believe the employees that called in on their employee hotline, and did not back them up. Many who called in or expressed concern to the regional person, out of Louisiana were let go. Dedicated employees who had been there over 10 years were let go because of reporting their hostile work environment. Unethical company.
Pros
Benefits, Starting Wage, Dress Code
Cons
Hostile Work Environment
Fun
Bayfront hospital (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 2, 2019
It's a good place to work for and I feel like it will be a good benefit for anyone to start a career and work towards getting closer to there house. I recommend it.
Loved the job. Very fast paced. Would love to have kept the job. But was working me to death. Constant phone calls.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCJanuary 1, 2019
Very poor management. Very nasty hospital. Director does not care that housekeepers are not cleaning and sanitizing. Housekeepers pushing trash can or cart looking busy but actually doing nothing. If J-Co came in at the right moment. The hospital would
Be shut down. And should be. It’s all about creating illusions. Doesn’t do any good to speak with higher ups. They don’t care either.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
No one cares about the patient. It’s a job to walk around and collect a paycheck.
Not a productive place to work
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCDecember 24, 2018
Dont not work for this company. The management sucks! You barely get any hours , you would be doing your job and other people's job as well . Dont waste your time!
December 27, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with HHS and that you felt the management team at your location was not effective. If you have any specific concerns that you would like to share, please contact the OneTeam Helpline at 800-229-2028 and we will be happy to gather your feedback and take action as needed.

Love my job
House man (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 23, 2018
I work at wyndom resort for HHS.The management are kind,friendly,and helpful.There not afraid to jump right in and help you.The pay is fair and there is opportunity to grow with this company.Yes it is fast paced at time and I work long hours because I ask for overtime every week.I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my employer.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not sure
December 27, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your experience with HHS. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy working with your management team and that you see opportunities for advancement within the company. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication; it is greatly appreciated.
Danny Bradford, CEO, Resorts

Management made this job stressful
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 19, 2018
The job was not the problem, management was. To many chiefs and not enough indians. The attitude of the management was extremely poor. Great co workers.
Pros
Guest were great
Cons
Poor management
December 26, 2018

Danny Bradford, CEO, Resorts

If you apply beware of hospital housekepping sytems ( HHS )
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MODecember 19, 2018
The employees are unstable at this employer they hire teenagers all the time that will mistreat you and touch you in inappropriate places on your body and when you tell Management they will do NOTHING
in your defense one teenager while I was working there asked management for my home address and management gave it to him
they do not care about the employees that they hire they will not PROTECT YOU if anything major arises that makes them look bad and it affects them in anyway or the company.
This is nothing but a contracted job
where you have to watch your back all the time I worked as a transporter transporting patients by wheelchair and by stretcher
I wished that I never applied to a job like this one the company is a joke and management is as well .
The phone that you have on you never stops ringing you cain't even go to the bathroom without it ringing and the worst part is that the supervisor rings the phone just to see if you are answering it while you are in the bathroom or on lunch and you also have to transport the dead to the morgue on a constant basis
Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center
in Poplar Bluff Mo loses more patients and believe me they kept me
running to the morgue a lot.
I had one employee threatened to burn down my house.
This is just a little that I had to endure while working for these crazies
If I could just keep one person out of danger from this employer
and keep them from making the same mistake by applying than this posting was well worth it transporting patients is not easy a lot of pushing and pulling and having CPR
  more... training I didn't even want
CPR training because I have asthma but they REQUIRED IT or you had to have somebody baby sit you and walk with you while you work and everywhere you go in the hospital just to do your job.
Pros
Nothing good to say about this company
Cons
Employees threatning your home, If there was a no star rating then I would have chosen it
We need two trash techs at night
Trash Collector (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 13, 2018
It is too much trash, linen, biohazard, cardboard for one person to handle in a fast paced hospital. That job requires at least two trash techs. I've done this work before so I know what I'm talking about. The managers seem to not understand my frustrations, and they act as though their hands are tied. And don't come into work and the shift before you didn't do anything, you Will be catching up all night and someone will still have a complaint. The managers and supervisors on first shift doesn't check behind their employees. We need two trash techs at night, or joint commission will cite us for not being in compliance with the standards of cleanliness.
Pros
Blessing to have a job. Benefits, close to home
Cons
Need two trash techs for a large hospital at all times.
Constantly under stress by management who didn't know what they were doing.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 28, 2018
A bad place to work. They only cared about how much money they could make. They trained people poorly if at all, and hired anyone they could get for the cheapest amount of pay. Constantly changed things even the way we cleaned hospital rooms which were set health and safety standards. People were quitting left and right. They kept bad workers who didn't do their job correctly and disappeared for literal hours when they were desperately needed to do their job. I would never work at HHS again.
poor management
linen (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 27, 2018
This company would not be a place I recommend to anyone!! The only good thing I like about the job was the schedule. Poor management!! High turnover of employees. The pay could be better for the work that is done. I am literally not exaggerating this company is horrible.
no just no
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 4, 2018
I specifically told management on the paperwork they gave me that I have BACK PROBLEMS and other health issues to the point where I can only do a minimum! I left on the first day. They have not done anything about that it’s like they just completely ignored my issue. And overall, it’s too strict. I took my nose ring out and I took off my nails! My nose ring was still healing and it swelled up my nose and I had to cover up my tattoo. Why does it matter how we look as long as we do our job?! I decided to work at this place because it seemed like a great opportunity for me, but I was wrong. I will definitely not do this again.
Pros
20% off lunch, beautiful hospital
Cons
Bad management...
November 6, 2018

Every new team member who is hired with HHS is required to complete an essential functions test, or EFT, which gives the team member the opportunity to perform all of the movements that are required as a part of their job, such as lifting heavy boxes, touching toes, and more. As these movements are essential to the job duties, this is a time for the manager to ensure that the team member is able to perform the movements, and for the team member to ensure they are comfortable performing these movements as a part of their everyday tasks. Our dress code is clearly outlined and provided to team members upon hire. Working in a healthcare environment, it is important to be mindful of your surroundings and adhere to the same dress requirements that are set forth by our hospital partners.
I’m sorry things didn’t work out with HHS, but I wish you all the best in your future career.
Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare

Love the facility that I have been contracted
Director, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 30, 2018
I enjoy the training that I have received and the guidelines and resources that I have received since I have worked for HHS. I feel that the cleaning of our hospital has upgraded.
Pros
Good benefits
November 2, 2018

I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience working with HHS and that you’ve found value in the training and support that you’ve received. Thank you for all of your continued hard work and dedication.

CDM, Food Service Director, Senior Living
CNS Director, CDM, Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INOctober 29, 2018
Although I’ve only been with HHS 6 months, I find this company very decent to work for! Compensation for a job well done is great! There is also great support from my Seniors!
Pros
Pay, Pto, excellent insurance benefits (Director), Very family oriented culture
Cons
Slight apprehension if a contract is ending about a new location maybe requiring a transfer
November 2, 2018

I’m glad to hear that you are happy with your career with HHS, and that you’re satisfied with your compensation, benefits, and the culture that you’ve found within the company. We work very hard to make sure all of our team members feel great about our company and culture .I understand your apprehension about the possibility of needing to transfer locations as this is oftentimes a reality in our industry. Since we are a company that is spread out across the country, it sometimes means needing to relocate in order to advance within the company. The key is working hard to care and serve our residents to the best of our ability and we keep our contracts for a very long time .If you have questions or concerns I would be happy to speak with you about it. Please feel free to contact me directly at ksvagdis@hhs1.com.
Kevin Svagdis, CEO, Senior Living Division

It was ok
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee FloridaOctober 27, 2018
I enjoyed working there up until the Time I was injured ,after that it went down hill,my complaint about the company is they still expect you to come work with you in pain or just come in even when medicated,I just couldn't put my life on that track I was afraid I was going to hurt myself worse this company has no compassion for anyone who gets hurts and just show the workers that they care about them I hope this was enough
Pros
No freebie
Cons
Staff unfair
November 2, 2018

Team member safety is our number one concern at HHS. Our safety faculty researches the latest best practices and ensures that all HHS teams are committed to jobsite safety. While we do everything we can to ensure our team members stay safe, injuries still do occur from time to time. When that happens, we adhere to doctor recommendations for when a team member comes back to work. Oftentimes, a physician may approve a team member for “light duty,” which may involve completing administrative tasks or other work that is scaled back from the team member’s typical job duties. When a team member is having difficulties at work after an injury, it is important to report it your manager, and to a doctor so that they can make a proper medical evaluation to share with HHS.
I’m sorry that things didn’t work out with HHS, and I wish you all the best in your future career.

Poor management and VP clueless
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 17, 2018
I have worked with quite a few contract foodservice companies and never have I seen such a poorly executed opening plan and operation. No one was asking the important questions or putting a plan into action. Once the management team was at the hospital, it was clear to see this was in fact their first rodeo and although the may have been a good hourly employee, they were far from the management material they had been promoted in to. There was no engagement or empowerment for the employees. When inquiring and making suggestions about how to make a broken process better, no one wanted to try and fix anything. I guess they were too focused on leaving for the day and just in survival mode. I know other employees from this company (at other hospital accounts) who feel exactly as I do about the lack of strong management and their poor promotion decisions. I almost believe it’s a tactic to keep salaries as low as possible (hire within no matter what, even if it means sacrificing a good outside candidate with more experience because it will cost more $).
Pros
Health benefits and 401k reasonable
Cons
See above
November 2, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with HHS. Our company has been in business for more than 40 years, and our leadership team has decades of combined experience and has successfully started up hundreds of accounts across the country. Of course with any opening there can be some unexpected hiccups, but that is why we bring in a strong leadership support network to assist on-site team through the startup process. We have implemented new team member selection, on boarding and training processes to help prepare our leaders to succeed. These processes are new and are already starting to work. We are also implementing new proactive account opening systems. We just opened a new account this week with the new processes and it's going very well. We are currently working on updating all of our operating procedures and standards. We will be training all of our team members on these new standards which will help us execute consistently.
Thanks,
Kevin Svagdis, CEO, Senior Living Division

Orderly (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 11, 2018
I liked working with the team. But I really liked interacting with the patients. It was very fast paced due to you had to clean out rooms for discharge in a quick and timely manner so the next patient could get a clean and sanitized room, I also liked working with the employees of the hospital as well.
Pros
working with the patients, the fast pace made the day fly by.
Cons
working every holiday. Hospitals never close.
October 12, 2018

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with HHS and that you liked working with your team and other hospital employees as well as interacting with patients. It's true that hospitals are fast-paced work environments, and that's something that anyone should be aware of before coming to work with HHS. As you mentioned, part of working in this industry sometimes means having to work on holidays. HHS has six recognized holidays throughout the year, and our expectation is that most team members will work about half of the holidays and take half of them off. All team members receive double time pay for holidays worked.
Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I wish you all the best in your future career.
Bobby Floyd, COO

It sucks
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 9, 2018
They will take a patient to side or something you didn't do and they will fire you you also don't get paid vacation you don't get any benefits with this job they cut your hours I would not recommend this job for anybody that is looking for a good job
October 17, 2018

Without knowing the details of your particular situation I am unable to provide much insight regarding the patient complaint you may have received. However, if you felt you were being treated unfair, you have the opportunity to escalate the issue to your Regional Vice President or the HHS OneTeam Helpline by calling 800-229-2028. Regarding PTO and benefits, we provide both to our full-time employees. We do not cut hours from team members, as you mentioned, however there may be times where we ask team members if they would like to voluntarily go home early when the facility is running a low census.
I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you at HHS but I wish you all the best in the future.

Thanks,
Bobby Floyd, COO

The management is horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2018
I had picture prof that I was getting everything done in my area, but the day time manager was still saying I didn’t get anything done. I had even asked multiple times to hear the voicemails from the nurses that were complaining and they couldnt find one voicemail. I wouldn’t even recommend this company to someone how needs a job badly.
November 2, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with HHS. Hospitals are dynamic environments, and there are times when managers may ask team members to take care of duties that are not listed on their job description to support the patient population, and it sounds like that may have been the case here. If you would like to provide more information about this situation so that we can look further into it, I ask that you call the OneTeam Helpline at 800-288-2028. I appreciate your hard work, and I’m sorry that it didn’t work out with HHS.

Worst job ever
Houskeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quitman txOctober 4, 2018
I accepted the job with the understanding that I would receive training and a raise after 90 days both of witch never happened. I had no support from my management team. I put I countless hours of work covering shifts only to be reprimanded for doing so. It seemed like they were more worried about overtime than making sure the shifts were covered. I was told by the customer that I was an asset to the hospital but not so much to the company.
Pros
Hospital staff
Cons
To many to list
October 12, 2018

The facility in which you worked is part of a larger system of locations, and our model is to rely on the on-site supervisor to manage the day-to-day operation, with the regional manager supporting/training/developing on a weekly basis. It sounds like that frequency was not often enough to develop the necessary skills to make you successful, which is unfortunate. Regarding overtime management, the supervisor should first look to staff open positions with available staff, and as a last resort they can fill the role and incur OT. As an organization, we do have to hold our leaders accountable to managing within their budget.
I appreciate your feedback, and I am sorry you did not have a successful career with HHS. Best of luck.
Regards,
Bobby Floyd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HHS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss