HHS

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Long hours, but rewarding work

Can be extremely stressful at times, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. Senior leaders visit every few months. The onsite management team usually works together good and takes care of the staff.

Horrible company to work for.

In the 2 years I've been an employee with hhs. I have seen unqualified people receive high end positions / promotions. Corporate take money right from peoples pay . Demand insurance through them. Highly unprofessional work ethics. Favoritism in the work place. People are not treated equally. Promised one pay but then takes money away from our hourly rate due to the manager making a mistake upon hiring and giving us the wrong information.

Pros

Cons

Horrible insurance rates. Favortism. Unprofessional

Unfair workplace

$10 an hr to clean up behind nasty staff members and patients. Poor management and they have like 12 supervisors and only 5 housekeepers. Wouldnt come

Pros

Hr lunch

Cons

Morning shift has to do all the work and Night shift don’t have to do anything

Terrible place to work

You get paid nothing to be put into situations where you come in contact with every kind of sickness out there. Horrible place to earn a living. Would not recommend

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Barely get to sit down

Not a good company

I was targeted from day one. It was just a job and as stated constantly by the director “ we are just a body” no encouragement just talked down to on a regular basis. The director and chef only cared about themselves. We were overworked, overwhelmed and stressed to the max. Always promises but nothing followed through with. This company needs to get it together. I was with this company fir over 2 years of wasted time.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Non caring people, pathetic pay

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Management is poor

Management plays favorites and loves to pick the wrong people to help succeed and progress. No discipline for anyone unless your an employee that they consider a threat to themselves and you try to do the right thing. I would never recommend this company until management changes. I made many new friends here and got 2 promotions in 3 months. But none of my friends are even here anymore. They all left or got fired. And now I am in a position I’ll never get a raise in or progress to more as the years go by.

Pros

I can’t give any anymore

Cons

So much, don’t even know where to begin

Terrible place to work

I didn't like the way they did business at all management is really bad no help or direct contact with employees after interview your on your own they never sent my wishes for my taxes

Pros

It's s job

Cons

Terrible company

Competitive team members work against you when you all should be working together

Hostile work environment. Managers sharing personal information with other employees . No supplies to do the job because all the housekeepers take them and hide them from each other. Housekeepers talk trash about guests in front of them because they think they dont know Spanish. It's just a really toxic work environment.

Undermining culture

Do not recommend, management or hourly. Will be a mistake you wish you could forget. Nothing but a sales mindset, soft shoe aspect of culture. A complete mistake.

Productive workplace

A typical day at work is to attend to paperwork. Mostly work alone. It was very pleasant for the most part.. I learned how to eliminate issues by observing.

Pros

Lunch time

Cons

Healthcare

I love my job but the culture is a little rough

I love my job. I love my employees. My director is helpful and definitely pushes me to be successful . My VP seems to be nice. I haven’t had a lot of experience with her yet. I relocated for this position and was really excited. A month in, I can see why there’s high turn over. There isn’t a healthy work/life balance. I miss my wife ( we just got married) and skipped our honeymoon for me to take this job. I understand this is healthcare and it never stops, but I believe work/life could be achieved with the right resources put in place. I also can see why there’s high turn over of employees. My team just got a raise which is fabulous, but I have a couple of employees who have spent 10, 20 and 30 years working at this account. I find it shameful that those people are making exactly the same amount as the new employees coming in. This place is all they know and barely making a living wage after spending a lifetime working for this hospital. The morale is very low due to the high turn over of leadership. They don’t trust anyone, and I can’t say I don’t blame them. I guess at the end of the day it boils down to the dollar over employees. If it weren’t for our housekeepers, we wouldn’t have jobs. Our hospitals would be filthy. I almost feel as if they are treated as 2nd class citizens.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

No work/life balance, no pay scale for tenured housekeepers

Horrible work environment

Favoritism, bullying, singling out happen all the time. Perfect job for people who aren’t afraid to suck up. No back up when problems arise with clients. Management is very lacking

Get to help patients and make them happy

My director wasn’t as supportive as they could have been. Often they leave their team to pick up the pieces of any issue that arises. Rather than have what could be considered difficult conversations, which could then improve working relationships, she would choose to either pass blame or act like things were ok. My experience started off great with the company but deteriorated quickly once we stopped receiving support onsite. I truly believe it could have been a much better experience had my boss had been slightly more empathetic to working conditions, and at the very least gave kudos to the difficult work pulled off by their team.

Pros

Support from the VP level is great

This company is not worth the time.

There are far more companies that are in the same field that would make more sense to work for. This company expects far to much from its team members, and to them you are just a number.

Pros

Advancement opportunity

Cons

Terrible pay, no work/life balance, and nothing you do will ever be good enough!

Not so great

Not paid enough for the amount of work you do. No raises worked over a year with no raise. No room for advancement and alot of favoritism shown. Was promised a raise several times never got it

Productive and comfortable enviroment

Very ice place to work, the people are very helpful and everyone is willing to work together. Annual inventory is conducted once every year, you also manage surplus and audits.

Pros

flexible

Cons

not much opportunity for raises

Good people

The people who work there are good people and will help you learn a lot if you want to. Very helpfull, can care about you and the work you do for them.

Very good place to work

I loved working here, people are very friendly but kept to themselves. Work is easy but doesn’t mean it doesn’t get tiring. Good pay and hours, loved working here

Pros

Able to get bigger positions

Cons

Never know when work ends

Manager plays favoritism no leadership skills

The manager never keeps his word. Plays favoritism and no accountability for sub-par work. Day shift is held to higher standards and is always having to complete night shifts work due to them constantly leaving early. . Manager doesn’t act when employees go to him with problems, he also makes things up to cause drama btwn the employees. It’s as if he thinks if you don’t like each other than he holds more ground and can add faults of his own on to others. He will promise you a position you worked hard for and than give it to someone else and say it’s for training purposes. The team could thrive together with better management. The insurance offered to you is a joke. The company doesn’t really care about its employees. The hospital staff treats you much better than your own employer

Pros

The end of the day

Wonderful

I loved it! Great people great job! I would do it for the rest of my life. Never have I ever ran out of work <3 I love the hospitals I worked at. The staff was friendly <3

Pros

Fast paced environment

Cons

Too much fun

Fun

Cool place to work I enjoy the environment. Management can be a bit demanding at times though. Overall not too bad. I would highly recommend anyone looking to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HHS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss