HHS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No life work balance
PATIENT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 16, 2018
This company does not prepare you for the work load you are about to face. They work with limited staff and resources and the pay do not compensate time demanded. Management does not care of your wellbeing (at least in my case) It is about working long hours, doing someone else's job and little time off. I was often required to work on scheduled days off, 10 days straight and work 12 hour days every day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Long Long work days
Its so bad i dont know where to start???....
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 11, 2018
First off the pay sucks, the bosses dont understand much, it's like you cant have a life out of work. It's kinda like they treat you like working robots. They expect you to do so many tasks that it's impossible to do and its really hard to stay on top of things. I want to say if we had a better boss things will probably go much smoother but not in this pace things will just fall apart. They should treat people better especially because theres alot of hard workers but they are the ones that don't get respected.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Bosses, pay, disrespected
Character
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLJuly 5, 2018
I worked for HHS at Florida Hospital Dade City for a year and a couple months. It was the best year in my life! Despite missing out on school events, I learned that there was more to life, with that I built a lot of character and wisdom. You have a supportive team, a really nice supervisor and a straight forward manager. I honestly wish I never left.
Pros
Discount lunch, safety cards, flexible schedule, everyone is helpful and nice!
Cons
None that I can think of.
somewhat stressful
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 4, 2018
Considering that 4 managers and a secretary were fired for embezzlement not to bad.
People don't last long there, but as long as you do your job there
Pros
pay check
Cons
former management crooked
My position was very fast paced
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJuly 3, 2018
The position really needed 2 people, but because sometimes it was slow they only used one. Only one 45 minute lunch break per day. No other breaks were offered.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Breaks, pay, benefits
Horribly worst management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 30, 2018
The management team is not concerned about there employees at all. The people that was placed in charged don't know how to talk to people. Everything that they do it is about them not the employees or the patient's in the hospital.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not team players judgemental horrible attitudes.
Bad,Bad
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 25, 2018
This company pays very low wages to work in a hospital and the medical benefits is so high you can't afford to pay on a $9 an hour pay!
Everything has to be a secret like we are all working on a FBI case you can't ask Managers nothing its always IDK or ask this person or that person!
Even during the process of getting hired nobody knows nothing go take the drug test and didn't know I had to have blood drawn because nobody never told me this I was took by surprise when going to take a drug test when the nurse said I had to have blood drawn she said let me guess they didn't tell you all that you had to get blood drawn I said NO she said I've had 4-5 people already come in and didn't know they had to have blood drawn.
I suggest if you really need a job take it and run far away fast as you can soon as you get another job!
Pros
Easy Hire
Poplar Bluff Mo
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  PoplaJune 25, 2018
This is the absolute worst job I’ve ever had if you want to be treated poorly and make no money this is the perfect job for you! Stay as far away as you can from this job.
Cons
It’s stressful, management is slacking and here is a lot of drama.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 23, 2018
I am over worked, I don’t get paid enough, the benefits are very slim to none. I don’t enjoy working there and am looking for a new job. Management is never on the same page and calls the same people to cover for others way too much. I am one of them.
Pros
Very flexible with work schedule.
Cons
Not enough pay or benefits
The people makes it a tolerable place to work.
Supervisor/ Team leader (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2018
Like any job it depends on the day and employees attitudes towards the job. Some employees had personal issues that I tried to help them resolve. In some cases I would have to get the director involved.
Pros
Nothing was free, however, during the 2016 flood they helped a lot of people out.
Cons
They health insurance sucks and they don't give raises yearly.

Want to know more about HHS?

Ask a question
stressful, understaffed, poorly managed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 13, 2018
There was too much to get done in 8 hours, the manager put too much on one housekeeper. there were many complaints about management and nobody did anything about the issues. Manager didn't take her responsibilities seriously, didn't schedule enough people. Supervisor had no respect for the housekeepers and she didn't help when we needed her.
Pros
events, nurses were nice
Cons
understaffed, poor supervisor
Very Stressful
Executive Chef / Director Culinary & Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
Over worked. I covered 4 account an d was not paid for it. Worked in 3 roles an d never compensated. VP's dont know their jobs and the paper work, therefore it makes your life hard. Always working never off.
Benefits
Cons
Over worked, no work life balance, not able to take you vacation.
Management made this job stressful
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 6, 2018
The job was not the problem, management was. To many chiefs and not enough indians. The attitude of the management was extremely poor. Great co workers.
Pros
Guest were great
Cons
Poor management
No fun
Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 28, 2018
Poor staff support and unorganized. There employees were mistreated and over worked. Came to work sick and tired trying to provide for their family. Because of being to lose their jobs.
What a horrid place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  GAMay 22, 2018
extreme favoritism
horrible management
WARNING: Sucks NEVER Work for them
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  HospitalMay 19, 2018
Explain how a person that cooks processed food by opening a box or a bag etc can be called a "chef?" NOPE you are a cook nothing more unless you prepare meals by hand w real ingredients not by opening a box, can or bag & calling it your own. Just because you have the degree doesn't matter if you don't use it properly.

Too busy doing stupid fruit cups & salads not enough time to clean kitchen daily & properly.
Pros
Cons
Lazy sloppy people that cant seem to get their.... together
Run away as fast as you can
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMay 19, 2018
Working for HHS had to be the biggest disappointment in my career. You are constantly strung along with the promise of being a Director in under a year, but in the present you will be worked around the clock for chump change. There is no such thing as work life balance as most of their accounts are understaffed due to they don't pay their workers for the amount of work they need completed. Along with the gossip, high turn over, incompetence of Directors, favouritism, high stress, high school like drama and frequent butt kissing the benefits suck if you have a family, wait almost 60 days for $700 a month medical insurance.
Pros
Cons
Pay and the execptation of you working around the clock
nothing nice to say
room cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 8, 2018
stressful. poor management backstabbing. a lot of stealing going on.just a bad lace to work.dont waiste your time.they is bullying going on and management doesn't do anything about it
Pros
good working hours
Cons
nothing good
Do your job good place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 5, 2018
Long hard day,but worth it when you see residents and staff smile.
Arrive at 7am team meeting.
Pick up laundry and drop off laundry.
Clean public areas and residential rooms.
Know you have somebody's day better.
overall just bad
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 5, 2018
they refuse to pay wages unprofesssional work environment just downright inappropiate work in general i just cant say anything good about it i highly recommend that you do waste your time on applying for this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HHS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss