HHS Employee Reviews

Hard working team that comes together to get the job done.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVMarch 20, 2019
We are a group of hard workers that pull together to over come lifes daily challenges that may arise. We work well together as a team. We have issues that occur in any workplace but we work through our issues in order to take care of patients and customers.
Pros
Free lunch and tshirt fridays
I did enjoy working with other ambassadors like myself
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMarch 19, 2019
Please do not waste your time applying ! They do not train you . You have to train yourself ! It was not at all what I was told or expected of the job!! So many people walked out n quit and people never came back . That's how bad it was . I was really looking forward working for this company it sounded amazing but turned out to be not true! Sad
Pros
Free meal, nurses are very nice, cooks are nice
Cons
Pay, extremely poor management, Dirty kitchen
Very unpleasent
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 15, 2019
Worked three years there and no raise what so ever...also had several altercations with a former employee graveyard i worked...nothing was done complained several times, i was being harassed every night i worked with this person..and some nightbwas in plain sight on cameras. Still nothing was done, i asked for a transfer to another hospital and was told there was no openings..so that being said i had to quit my job amd look for another...manager was aware of everything going on and did nothing
Pros
Loved working er
Cons
Harassed by another employee
Evening manager great
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2019
But can't speak for the rest. To much gossiping, managers talks about other managers. Show favoritism. Some let position go to there head. Overall very negative dead end job.
Pros
Get hired quick
Cons
Dead end negative environment
Horrible place to work not worth it!
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMarch 12, 2019
This place is the worst place I have ever worked. They work you like a slave due to being understaffed. You are always at least an hour late getting out of there. The pay would be decent if they didn't expect 1 person to do 3 people worth of work. Also the managers are rude and disrespectful and I'm not a disrespectful employee at all. Plus my pay was $300 short and i had to wait 2 weeks to get the rest of my money that they messed up.
Pros
Time goes fast cuz you are busy
March 15, 2019

We had significant staffing challenges during the startup at your hospital, and many people (including leadership) had to work long hours to overcome. Things have stabilized and we have made a change in our on-site leadership team as well. I apologize that there were discrepancies in your pay. I have checked with the regional vice president for your facility and they have confirmed that any issues regarding timekeeping practices have been resolved with the on-site management team, and that all outstanding pay discrepancies have been settled. I am sorry you had a bad experience with HHS and wish you luck in the future.

Vice President of Operations
Hospital Housekeeping Systems (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2019
HHS is a company with a defined strategic vision and a set of core values that set itself far above its competitors. While a unique culture, if you want success, there is no limit.
March 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with HHS and thank you for the impact that you had on our team and customers during your time with HHS. As a growing company, we offer many opportunities for advancement, and those who are driven to succeed will go far.
Joe Terry, HHS CEO

A joke
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 5, 2019
Not worth my time they have no respect for people's time very unprofessional no consideration for other people management should be professional just a big waste of time and will waste your time they do not do as they say poor judgement
Pros
Na
Cons
Every part
March 15, 2019

I’m sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with HHS and that you don’t feel like you were treated with respect. Did you ever elevate these concerns to your regional VP? As a reminder, HHS has an open door policy, and all team members are invited to share their feedback either directly with their manager or regional management team, or by calling the One Team Helpline at 800-229-2028.
Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare Division

Other hospital staff are somewhat pleasant
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 2, 2019
I loved my job but then after 3 different managers the last one was not a team player and every time I I tried to address a problem that could be solved he would completely ignore me never would look at me or acknowledged I was talking to him. They say he interviewed very well but let me tell you he is a fraud. After 2 years I walked out of a job I loved cause I felt bullied by other coworkers and never got the credit I deserved I would do all the work and the others I worked with would get all the credit which these were his favorites cause what they say went . He even let them be ugly to other employees so he wouldn’t get the heat like I say I walked out in tears. There’s an old saying too many chiefs not enough Indians
March 5, 2019

I’m very sorry to hear that your time with HHS ended poorly. The situation you described is certainly not how we aim to do business as everyone should feel comfortable and welcome in their work environment. Without having more information about the particular location you worked at, I’m not able to provide any insight into the situation, and I’m also not able to address any issues with your management team. I’d like to ask that you please contact me directly at bobbyf@hhs1.com to provide more information about the location where you worked and what occurred so that we are able to take action as needed. As a reminder, HHS has an Open Door Policy, and I strongly encourage all team members to voice their opinion and share their feedback regularly. Team members are encouraged to share feedback with their director, but if they don’t feel comfortable doing so they can reach out to their VP or president, or contact TMR by calling 800-228-2028. I’m sorry that things didn’t work out with HHS but I wish you all the best in your future career.
Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare Division

good
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.Follow procedures to use chemical cleaners and power equipment on floors and fixtures.Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies
Steam Clean/Shampoo carpets and floors.
March 5, 2019

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed working with HHS. Thank you for your commitment to quality during your time with the company, and I wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare Division

Its not a good place to work
Hhs houseman (Former Employee) –  Severville tnFebruary 26, 2019
The place aint worth working for you dont get to move up cause people get hired off the street because the promise you advancments and the people from the street take your place thier is way to much drama i thought i was back in high school while i was working thier and the lies are everyday and so is the drama the pay sucks for what they want out of a employers and you cant talk to management about anything period cause they dont want to hear it cause all they care about is making themselfs look good so if you want to work for HHs i would think twice about it before i went to work thier
Pros
Cons
Lies drama no advancements
March 11, 2019

Providing opportunities for advancement is a key aspect of our operations at HHS. Our resorts division is still new, but we have already had several employees move from hourly to salary positions. However, those opportunities are not offered to everyone. Those who tend to succeed in the company put in dedicated hard work and are committed to quality. HHS has an open door policy, and we encourage team members to share their feedback and concerns with their management team or with HR by calling 800-228-2028. If you have concerns regarding the management team at your account, please feel free to contact me directly at dbradford@hhs1.com.
Danny Bradford, CEO, Resorts Division

Want to know more about HHS?

Ask a question
Enjoyable
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MSFebruary 26, 2019
Productive, no stress there is no hard part to the job. I can say that because I have all the tools and resources plus the support from a great team. I enjoy coming to work being able to interact with my team members, nurses, patients and the administrators of the hospital.
March 5, 2019

I’m glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed your experience with HHS thus far and have found that you have all of the tools and resources that you need to be successful in your job. It’s great to hear that you’ve found a good community at your facility. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact me or any members or your leadership team. Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.

Was treated terrible
Assistant environmental director (Former Employee) –  Birmingham AlabamaFebruary 25, 2019
Was terminated with my daughter who is 16 was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I didn't communicate with them enough which I do after I relocated for the job
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Poor communication
March 7, 2019

I am very sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation with your daughter. I have spoken with our operations team to learn more about this situation, and it’s my understanding that you requested a transfer, but we do not currently have partnerships in your division in the location you requested to transfer to. I wish you and your family peace during this difficult time.
Brian Weed, COO

Media hora de almuerzo
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 22, 2019
La manager fue muy amable conmigo y con los demás del trabajo
Pros
No seguro medico
Cons
No descanso
March 6, 2019

Me alegra saber que disfrutó trabajar con su gerente y que tuvo una experiencia positiva con HHS. Gracias por su arduo trabajo y dedicación.
Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare Divison

Its a joke
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 21, 2019
I feel sorry for the CEO. I could only imagine his stress. This job is not for me. Coworkers can be rude. Cant get the shift I applied for. I posted a complaint to a member of management in confidence in the form of a handwritten note, and the same said member of management put it in up in the break room without my permission. I dont care if anything gets done about this because I know management runs together. It's just part of the totem pole I reckon. I would not recommend this job to anyone. And please spare me the apologies for my work experience. I'm looking for any other job. And I just want this one to be forgotten. Plus I had to wait MONTHS before they hired me and even then it took me going straight to HR before they done anything.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Whatever you could think of wrong in a company, low pay, Two faced management, Constant callouts, Not enough people for the job, Cant talk with management about problems without fear of repercussions
March 5, 2019

I’d like to ask that you please contact me at bobbyf@hhs1.com to share your work location so that I can look further into this situation. HHS has an open door policy, which supports employees voicing their feedback and concerns in confidence. The note that you wrote should not have been publicly posted, and I would like to speak to your director to ensure they following the open door policy correctly. We do our best to honor shift requests, but ultimately, the schedule depends on availability and the current needs of the account. I’m sorry that you’re not happy with your current position, but I hope you find a new role that will better suit you.

workers disappear
worker (Current Employee) –  Beeville, TXFebruary 14, 2019
if you dignify spending a lot of time on your personal phone while performing your duties engaging in loud conversation while using at times obscene words and fraternizing during company time well this job in beeville is for you also revolving door for management and the complaints laid upon her has yielded nothing we need more reliable people who are not afraid to work
Pros
ability to get lost plus phone time
Cons
pretending to be busy
March 5, 2019

Based on your comments, you do not sound like the type of team member we need at HHS. If you’re spending time at work talking on the phone and using obscene language, you can’t possibly be delivering the level of service we expect to provide the patients in Beeville. Best of luck to you.

Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare

Laid back and calm
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed cleaning the patient rooms at the hospital the management was great had a good open door policy, very understanding. Overall good experience.
Pros
45 min lunch, laid back
Cons
Benefits were too expensive
March 5, 2019

I’m glad to hear that you had a good experience with HHS, that you enjoyed your job duties, and that you found your management team to be understanding and supportive. We have several different benefit plans that we offer, and I’d love to help find you one that works for your budget and goals. Please email me at BobbyF@hhs1.com and I’ll put you in touch with the right person to help you make the best decision possible. Thank you for your hard work, and I wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Two faced and fake
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 28, 2019
The supervisors and director were all two faced. They would say good things to your face but then once you gone immediately talk dirty to any and everyone. You are treated as if you're a slave doing a two or even three person job and act all high and mighty in a huff when you don't get done in time. Biggest lie was oh, each area is timed off of square foot per room and office. That's not how it works I'm sorry. There are always going to be more time needed per room and office. Their favorite people get less of a load and when inspection comes and those favs haven't dusted or done anything they will pull you and everyone else to go and clean that person's area. There was a lack of compassion from the supervisors as well. They do not care about you, you could be dying and they'd call you a fake and make you do a two person area alone. There was literally nothing good about hhs. The pay is pathetic, you get paid more at Walmart than you do Workin for them at a HOSPITAL. There is no respect. No one does their job because the way they see it, no respect? Well your only going to get your money's worth of job done. No one in this area wants to go to that hospital cause they no the housekeepers are treated poorly and that the place is nasty. Also was promised a 10¢raise never got it. Another lie. You ask for help or report a worker and they turn on you looking at you and what you did. Very hostile work environment. Also they do worker surveys for your opinion but no one actually looks at them and does anything about it. There are so many issues there all starting with the director and  more... supervisors. For 8.50 it's not worth it.  less
Pros
Coworkers might have your back.
January 29, 2019

I’m sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with HHS. I have passed your comments along to the vice president who oversees your account. He has not heard many of the types of concerns that you expressed at your location before, and as such will be scheduling a town hall meeting with the team to seek out further feedback. As a reminder, HHS has an Open Door Policy that supports team members in voicing ideas and concerns as they arise. When a concern arises, the first course of action is to speak directly with your manager or vice president. If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with either of those individuals, team members are also welcome to call the OneTeam Helpline at 800-229-2028. Hearing about team member concerns is important, as it allows us to resolve issues before they grow.

Poison.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 25, 2019
Can I give this zero stars on everything? I worked for HHS for two years. During that time, I did just about every job they offer. You will not get paid enough, You will not receive a raise, no matter how much work you do. I worked the weekend supervisor position for a year and a half, all unpaid. When the topic of back pay for this came up, It took about a year to be finalized, and was about $300 dollars less than It was promised. They offer paid time off, that you earn each paycheck, however using this time is counted against you. You will be told that you are part of a "Family". What this means is you will be underpaid and very, very overworked. I was receiving $8.50 an hour and doing two peoples jobs, and was still docked for it being not up to par for them. You are better off starving in the street than working for this abomination of a company. I promise you I'm not exaggerating. You don't want this in your life.
Pros
You will eventually get fired
Cons
Literally everything.
January 29, 2019

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with HHS. I reached out to the vice president for your area to learn more about this situation. The VP noted that individuals at your location were given a raise in 2018, and that any back-pay that was due has been paid out in accordance with work hours recorded in our timekeeping system. Our hourly benefits were updated in 2018, providing additional paid time off, holiday pay, and maternity leave for team members, and we encourage all team members to use the days that are available to them. I’m sorry things didn’t work out with HHS, and wish you all the best in your future career.

Quit before you start
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2019
This is quite possibly the worst company I have ever worked for. Hostile work enviroment, disrespectful mangement, horrible organization, and zero compassion for employees. Decent pay and benefits, but not worth the mental anguish.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
January 29, 2019

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with HHS. We serve several facilities in your market, so without more information I’m not able to comment. I’d like to request that you contact me directly at bobbyf@hhs1.com to provide more information about what you may have experienced so that I can look into the situation and take action as needed.

Review
Custodial service worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Management does not try to fix the problem with employee, let other get away with thing. The first shift and second shift are against one another no team work or commication skills with one another. change of manger every 3 months not getting the right people to manage others. Started working with Aramark in 2007 Aramark was a great company they would give you very incitive St.. Micheals was getting they change company in 2015 to HHS and its been rough every since.
January 28, 2019

I’m sorry to hear that did not enjoy your experience with HHS. We take our safety practices and team member rules seriously, and every team member should be held accountable for upholding the same standards. Our goal is to have the first and second shift work together and support each other as one team, so I have shared your feedback with the director at your location so that he can support this effort. Thank you for your hard work, and I wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Bobby Floyd, CEO, Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HHS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss