Hi-Desert Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJune 23, 2018
Great place to work. Co workers are nice. Doctors are nice and knowledgeable. Management was supportive. Always gad opportunity for traning and floating to othet department if I desired.
Pros
Good team work. Nice place . Good shifts
Cons
The usual
Good work enviroment.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMay 5, 2018
I really enjoyef working for rhis company. Loved the high desert. Excellent nursinf manafment and better team woek.
Pros
The geographical location.
Cons
One.9
May 6, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Hi-Desert Medical Center's success.

It was a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here, the residents and the employees were treated well. It’s clean, and well managed. I would work there again, it’s too bad I had to leave.
March 17, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Hi Desert Medical Center's success.

Na
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The environment is com0etetive but a pleasant place to work overall. Most staff is very friendly and easy to work with. There are some days when the hospital is very busy and I can't wait to go home and others which are easy and moderately slow.
February 8, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Hi-Desert's success.

Loved my job... Not who I worked with.
CPT1 (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CANovember 22, 2017
I would come in, in the morning at 0730 and be at work until 1600. Depending on who was the 0500 person would determine weather or not there would be a ton to do or not. normally there were draws sitting in the tray to be done at 0730 that are now late because the 0500 person didn't want to interact with the 0730 person. there is very poor communication and Clicks. 2 employees weren't part of clicks. certain employees made me hate doing what I love doing and what I am good at.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Schedule, staffing
November 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

sitting and talking with resident
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAOctober 18, 2017
caring of different people there illness makes it very challenging love working with elderly managment very good,compassion to each other and resident.
Pros
company barbecue
Cons
to say goodbye.
October 19, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Hi Desert Medical Center's success.

Night Shifts were Fun
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CASeptember 21, 2017
I worked night shifts. We were very busy at times between patients and phones and codes but my coworkers made it enjoyable. Never saw the management team until the mornings. The work force was sometimes overwhelming but manageable. It was always nice when you had a co-worker who worked with you and not against you. The hardest part of the job was trying to show some of your co-workers that you are not their to compete with them, you are there to be a team and working together is better than competing. The most enjoyable was when I would make patients smile even in the time of such pain. I also enjoyed helping with the families that came in as visitors.
Pros
Working with Patients
Great learning opportunity
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAAugust 27, 2017
Experienced and professional peers to work with and learn from. Great way to gain confidence going into a new career field. Long hours but there is always a task to keep busy with.
Very serious
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAAugust 2, 2017
There is a chance to make good money here but the job itself is very serious and hard work. There was a lot of cliquey stuff going on with the nurses in the emergency room and it was hard being the youngest employee there.
Patient satisfaction scores are great.
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJuly 16, 2017
Great coworkers and great medical care. In environmental services we strive to help the patients in anyway to have a satisfactory stay
Every department works with others to achieve a greater.
Working at Hi-Desert i learned just how important cleanliness is, especially the operating rooms. There's alot to be done, not just sweep and mop. I really liked my job and was good at it.
Mangement was good in more ways than one. Always there to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part about my job was saying goodbye. The most enjoyable was working with diverse personalities.
Pros
Holidays observed
Cons
Hours
It's a great and fair place to work. Great people running the organisation
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medsurg/teleJuly 12, 2017
I've worked there for 18 years. It's been a wonderful place for myself and my family. It has provided me with my livelihood and been a learning experience every day. It is also a teaching hospital so we are always teaching the new nurses coming up.
Fun and energetic group of people.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJune 5, 2017
Working at Hi-Desert gave me the opportunity to work with a great group of co-workers. The group of people I worked with was fun and energetic and always helpful.
Pros
The co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks.
A wonderful hospital to work in!
Medical Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medical Staff ServicesJanuary 3, 2017
I worked for Hi-Desert Medical Center for a year and a half and I have to say had it not been for the location of the facility (being a rural hospital), I never would have left. I absolutely loved that the hospital had such empathetic and caring physicians and an overall sense of community.

After working in both the Medical Staff and Medical Records departments, I can say that the employees genuinely care about their jobs, the patients they serve, and doing the best they can to represent the facility in a positive light.

I cannot say enough about my immediate Director in Medical Staff Services as she made sure I was educated, informed, and always made me feel as though I was a part of the team. She continuously demonstrated leadership skills, professionalism, and positive reinforcement as any professional would expect of upper management. The position itself can be quite busy so I was quickly moved from part time to full time to allow sufficient time in which to complete all of my tasks.

It was my absolute pleasure to work at Hi-Desert and even on my busier days, never did I not enjoy going into the office.
Pros
Stability and Great work environment
Cons
Too far from home
Staff is unprofessional
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CADecember 23, 2016
I worked at Hi-Desert Medical Center for a short period of time. I came in loving my job, but soon I was very disappointed in how this facility operates.

My immediate boss was impossible to get along with, very demeaning, unprofessional, and passive aggressive. I had to report her to HR about the nonsense. I was stressed out every day I went to work, and I only worked three days a week!

The job itself wasn't bad, there is just not a lot of work in this office, my days dragged. I really don't understand why an assistant is needed in that office. One person can easily do this job with no problem.

There is no job stability, upper management would send employees home if the census was low, that included my job, and I didn't even work with patients. Employees have to use PTO to cover hours missed when they were sent home.

There were a lot of clicks, perhaps since the facility is very small.

Hi-Desert does not appreciate loyal employees, and the staff could benefit from a union.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No variety in the job. Boring, micromanager
Manager have no people skills.
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Joshua TreeNovember 11, 2015
A lot of drama from upper management. No professionalism at all. Doctors and some of the nurses are snotty. The Coworkers are so unhappy, very depressing place to work. Now at another hospital and the difference is amazing.
Pros
Co workers in housekeeping are Great.
Cons
favoritism.
insecure job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJuly 13, 2015
Cleaned patient rooms, offices, lobby, pulled trash, Cleaned all bathrooms, ER rooms, pulled Linen. But Supervisor always trying to turn you against other co-workers, but we all new he would do that and stuck together.
Pros
co-workers nice
Cons
Poor Manament.
Helpful and very nice environment to be able to volunteer
Marketing Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJune 1, 2015
Volunteering at Hi-Desert Medical center was very helpful. As a nursing student Hi-Desert was able to provide a good experience as front desk being able to direct patients to where they were asked to go for an appointment. Working with marketing I would say would be a hard job due to the fact that this department works to make and send information to all other departments, however it can also be an enjoyable job. The People who I was able to work there were all very friendly and very helpful.
this is how i felt about the company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAJanuary 6, 2015
i really liked working in the hospital to help others who needed it
Highly motivated and skilled staff
Emergency Department Techincian (Current Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAOctober 31, 2014
I have had the best time and have never been so motivated to continue my education as I have been, while working in the ER here.
The fast and never the same day was the best atmosphere to learn all use the new customer service skills that has been taught by the management. I have been motivated to get a higher education due to the staff I work with, not for. The hardest part for me is the lack of movement forward and the compensation for that, however the best part has been the whole experience.
Pros
Encouraging staff
Cons
Lack of higher level of care for the public
Good teamwork between nurses and radiology
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CaAugust 11, 2014
I loved the people I worked with but the work load was to heavy. Worked the graveyard shift alone and was responsible for transport of patients, explaining procedure, doing procedure, hooking and unhooking all monitors, answering phones and questions, fixing computer errors (if possible), making discs for patient. The chaos is what I disliked the most, then having to lift heavy patients by myself. Had to work every weekend.
Pros
Good health insurance, fun people to work with. Flexible with time off if needed. Great boss.
Cons
Had to work ever weekend, no rotating shift. Stuck on graves. Heavy work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hi-Desert Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hi-Desert Medical Center Reviews by Location