Hi-School Pharmacy

Working at Hi-School Pharmacy: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

an OK first job

the location I worked at has been in a slow decline for years. little to no real training, little to no interaction from the manager, and little to no faith in the upper management.

Pros

relatively easy job

Cons

poor leadership

Stressful but fast paced environment

Super fast paced and lots of fun. Day goes by quickly, but dealing with sick people is never fun. Not too bad of pay. Close quarters with other employees.

Hi-School Pharmacy insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

good place to work

this is a small owned corporate chain but very personable and friendly. there are opportunities to advance with the company and they're easy to work for

I like working here but sometimes it's a bit slow and I feel like I'm not moving forward. Great place to get started but maybe not a forever job, even if you want it to be.

Do not work for this horrible company

This company will not respect you. You will have no chance at advancing and the management is the worst I’ve ever seen. I regret the 2 years I wasted working here. I should have quit when they YELLED at me for being sick.

Pros

Everyday you will find a reason to quit

Cons

Makes you want to unalive yourself.

Fun place

Fun place to work with caring people that look out for each other. The pay is the only downside, that's what you get for working in an urban area. Overall it's a good place to start your employment history.

Pros

Hour lunch, fun people

Cons

Low pay

Work harder and do more but no yearly raises

Most thankless company you can work for. The more you do and the harder you work the pay does not reflect. Work ethics arent valued and the worst workers ruin the moral of the group.

Small community

Workers worked as a family small town community. Easy to find my place and to work with others there. Job expected of me was easy to catch on to, was able to find a good routine.

Good work place

I learned a lot. Helped me grow as a person within my field. Great place to start and find out what the job is about and how to develop your skills in this profession.

Fun and family like enviroment

co-workers and customers were amazing there wasn't much to complain about. i loved my job a lot of hands on learning like making keys, paint, learning both departments of the store the pharmacy and hardware, I learned so much about both parts of the store and would refer anyone to shop or apply for a job their staff is fantastic

Not Recommended

A typical day as a courier may fluctuate depending on supply demand and time of month, but is relatively relaxed. The company declines to modernize which effects efficiency and future growth.

Pros

Decent benefits for full time employees, company car for couriers

Cons

Poor compensation, corporate management and workplace culture

A good starting out job for high school students

I have loved working at Cutter's Hi School Pharmacy because the people are amazing and very understanding. I have been welcomed in with open arms and people who have an opened mindset about people who they know are going to be good for the store. The customer's that come in are always super respectful and full of laughter and life. I learned that I enjoy talking to people and learning about their lives and getting to know who my coworkers are and what their lives are like. I have also learned how to work a steady job and keep calm during the storm. I have also learned that the hardest part of customer service is wanting to say something sassy to a customer but keeping it to myself because I don't want to be fired.

Pros

enjoyable people

Cons

low salaries

Productive and fun place to work.

Cutter's is the one of the best places to work. I am just not able to continue to stand for long periods of time and the job is just not able to accommodate sitting. Huge part of the community!!!

Jim the manager is awful

Jim the manager is a sexist pig that will sexually degrade you every chance he gets. They have their clique and if you do not fit into that then you will go no where and be an outcast

no squeeky wheels..

If you tend to follow rules they don't want you here. If you have anything to say about how people are breaking rules you better keep quiet or they might fire you...

very productive

All i did was stock shelves, did cleanup, and performed carryouts. Really liked the manager, and always got along fine with my coworkers. There was nothing hard about the job, and i always did enjoy it to the fullest.

enjoyable workplace

energetic and enthusiastic different computer acknowledgement and software very dependable dealing with unsatisfied customers helping customers with their purchases and helping coworkers

Pros

job opportunities

Cons

location

A Great Company owned by the best boss you'll ever have, and the best person you may have a chance to know.

Working hard, enjoying my work, training technicians who are eager to learn, sometimes being able to work with others who were there to work and wanted to help the customers and believed in teamwork and helping each other as well as helping the customers.

Pros

the owner, the customers, some of the co-workers

Cons

communication failures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hi-School Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Hi-School Pharmacy in popular locations

• Hi-School Pharmacy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?