Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,280 reviews matching the search See all 1,281 reviews
Hibbetts was a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COAugust 13, 2018
I met some good people at Hibbetts and the work environment was pretty solid. We always tried to stay focused and there we were competitive in a good way.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sometimes messy
Good Place to start out for management plenty of opportunity to move up if willing to move
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAAugust 13, 2018
Worked in PA as a manager in training then after 3 months got a change to manager my own store in MD. They did pay a bit for a me moving down there. I was in a small store so the salary was not the best and was not enough to live in Maryland. Getting to run my own store was nice and making the schedule. I had to work 48 hours every week even though my store was not very busy and I would lose my mind when I had to work a 12 hour day.
Hibbett Sports
Team Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 12, 2018
Hibbett Sports is a good place to grow if you can stick with a job and have an interest in developing your skills. I had a great experience at the Hibbett in Stillwater Oklahoma. It is also a great college job. Your typical day involves clocking in and being friendly with customers. Listening to their needs and attempting to sale them the item that satisfy their needs. It can be slow paced and relaxed but there are spurts where business picks up. You do not work with that many people which makes it easy to make friends and develop bonds. I worked with 6 people. The hours are decent and you can always pick up hours if you ask. You can also put in to get time off as well. However, the pay is not good. It's good too have some extra cash but you can barely live off the pay unless you are a manager.
Pros
Flexible schedules. Breaks.
Cons
Pay is not good
Work as a whole.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAAugust 11, 2018
Needs a lot of improvement in many areas. The breaks are too short, the managers are not very professional at times, better pay, raises more often. As a company could be a lot better.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks, basic dress code
Hated to leave
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayette, ALAugust 11, 2018
My husband and I bought a house that was regrettably too far away for me to continue working at Hibbett. If this was not the case, I would still be working there.
This comapny was ver slow-paced and relaxed.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sylvester, GAAugust 9, 2018
This workplace has a very relaxed and slow-paced environment, There were many responsibilities, but there was plenty of time to get tend to customers and get them done.
Good place to work if you aren't interested in management
Store Manager (Head Coach) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Hibbett until I was promoted. As a manager you are expected to work 48 hours a week with a plethora of stipulations of how you can work these hours.
Pros
employee discount, relatively easy as a sales associate
Cons
long hours, hovering distrinct managers, many stipulations
Decent job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2018
That was a retail job that I received after college after. Getting my head certification.I can't complain about the habit. Was wonderful but the customers sometime will steal.Good job but it had its ups and downs.
Pros
Retail was exciting
Cons
Thrives and crooks
very productive
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 2, 2018
I had fun working here while I was in college I recommend this job for anyone who wants to have fun but also staying busy requires a lot of walking and dealing with costumers
Fun Workplace
Team Player (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 2, 2018
Work The Sales Floor Helping Customers By Answering Questions, Locating Items, Standing, Lifting& Bending To Restock Shelves.Its a great place to work fun place to learn about retail.
Pros
Great co workers
Productive Workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 2, 2018
Company overall is not bad. A good company to get your feet off the ground in after college or as a college job. Must have a great customer service skills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LAAugust 1, 2018
I liked working for this company. It was a very relaxed type of environment which made work fun. It wasn't very demanding but the hardest part of the entire job was truck days.
Constant disrespect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALJuly 31, 2018
The manager at the time took her authority too far and acted more as a tyrant than a leader. I was offered multiple positions only to have them be given to other workers who never showed up and quit multiple times just to have them quit after training was given.
Pros
relaxed uniform
Cons
no hours, horrible manager
Good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2018
Good job straight out of high school. I loved the location i worked at and i loved the people i worked with. Very flexible with hours and vacation time.
Pros
Fun job. discount on shoes.
Cons
low pay.
Faster paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2018
Fast paced environment that allows you to interact with many different types of people. Aslo allows employees to benefit off employe discounts. Allow as you to grown in the work place
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Minimum hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 25, 2018
As assistant manager you are an employee with keys to open and close the store. You are also in charge of doing returns while also providing the same customer service as expected.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay
review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 25, 2018
I loved working for hibbett they offer a flexible schedule with great benefits even though my employment with them was short lived each day was different
This is a fast pace environment
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJuly 24, 2018
You will have a point system but they also give you a grace period so you can make it on time after so many weeks without being tardy or absent your points will roll off. You also get a discount on merchandise from stores.
Slow and easy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paris, KYJuly 23, 2018
It was a very easy job. Fun place to work. You got information on all the latest releases of shoes and attire. Must go through training of shoes and sports equipment.
Fun workplace, a day goes by fairly quick when everyone works as a team.
Team Player (Former Employee) –  Bristow, OKJuly 23, 2018
When customers come in you assist them with their needs in order for them to get the right amount of customers experience, if a customer says they are “just looking” try to stay busy near them incase they need anything. Also, when working a Hibbetts Sports you have a weekly competition with sales between you and your other teammates. At the end of each day lock the doors, count the money in the drawer and set aside deposit to take to the bank the following morning & clean and fix all the fixtures.
Pros
Long lunch, discounts, doesn’t stay open late, super clean work space
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibbett Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight