Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,433 reviews matching the search See all 1,435 reviews
laid back environment most times
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALFebruary 21, 2019
Really hard to move up, mainly a job for college students or if you're looking just for a second job. Upper management can be a little slow and inconsistent on meeting a stores needs
Customer Relations Specalist
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 19, 2019
Hibbett has BY far been one of THE best jobs I’ve ever had. They are extremely flexible, management is extremely understanding. Peak season(Christmas, Tax season & back to school) can be pretty rough expect to take 100-200 calls per day. Other than that the office is generally slow. There are often free food & events that bond you & coworkers together. The only con is the hours. You can be scheduled to work anywhere from 9-9 with weekends included. Whereas, certain employees can work better schedules for whatever reasons. The work environment is always great, coworkers are always willing and ready to assist you. Hibbett overall treats employees fair & well. The paid could be a little better but it’s equalivant to the work load.
Pros
Free lunches, great atmosphere & managers.
Cons
Peak season, Working nights & weekends.
smooth
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAFebruary 18, 2019
smooth outgoing, laid back , sales out-fourth, commission , people oriented, great environment , mall surrounding, store to store views, nice music, holiday shows
Pros
discounts
Cons
commission
Perfect job for a teenager with no responsibilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 17, 2019
This is not the job for a person with major bills. This is the perfect job for a teen in high school or looking for money to do activities with friends. You only receive 20 plus hours a week if you are in a position of management. Regular sales associates may receive a max of 15 hours a week if that’s possible. Its a real laid back job, not really much to do on a normal day.
Pros
Employee discount, laid back
Cons
Low pay and hours
Okay
Retail Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2019
They ask too much from their employees for a very low pay. They never give their employees anything for there hard work. They could at least make the pay rate hire for all they want us too do.
Pros
Look at early release shoes
Cons
Low pay rate
N/a
Regional Assets Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2019
Overall it is a good company to work for. I believe they are making tough decision to set themselves up for a better future. This position travels 75% of the time and you are on the road quite often.
Relaxed environment, great teamwork aspects.
Head Coach/Manager (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXFebruary 15, 2019
The people are the best part of the job. Workers are treated fair and the job isn’t difficult. Managers are required to work a lot of hours, and communication to corporate can be difficult.
Company
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXFebruary 12, 2019
It was a great place to work once I decided what I wanted to do with my life. I had just left college and was unsure of my career path. Decided I liked supply chain.
Sucked
Assistant Manager/Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 12, 2019
manager sucked days with nothing to do interferes with social life cant really take time off without having to find people from other stores discount is trash
Productive, Fun, Rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 11, 2019
Productive workplace because there is always something to do, something to learn, and someone to help.
Fun workplace because its a sporting goods store.
Rewarding because of the great people to work with in a great company.
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 8, 2019
I have worked for Hibbett Sports for over 12 Years. It's a great place to learn and develop. Customer Service is Key. I would recommend Applying to work for Hibbett Sports because it is Great company.
The People I worked with were great! lowest pay ever for retail!! beware!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCFebruary 4, 2019
I Wanted to work for Hibbett based on it being extremely close to my house. I didn't realize Hibbett cuts cost in any way possible. Store managers make around 30k ouch! I had the mindset going in that I would be able to work early mornings to set up the store and unload the truck and set the signage...nope they only get a truck one day a week and EVERYTHING gets put out on the floor some racks were so full you couldn't even shop..I've been in retail for close to 10 years and the way they operated was so old school. I was told that I couldn't leave product with customers which is understandable but when it's a 80 year old women trying on a pair of brooks walkers I think were fine nobody is stealing. You could never tell management they're wrong or bring up new ideas such as product placement or what the customer ask for. It's best to use Hibbetts as a last resort job or a first time job. I highly recommend Dicks sporting goods as a better choice.
Na
Regional Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 4, 2019
Great atmosphere
Store teams work great together
Store DMs are easy to work for
Locations close to you
Great benefits
Great vacation for long term employee
Good nob
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I fully appreciate he opportunity I was given to work at hibbett. Loved the job and customers. However hey need to make inside policies and stuff more clear
Stressful and low paying
Coach in Training (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MSJanuary 31, 2019
The work was very physical, hours long management was not helpful. Hours long and gruesome. No support. Managers and employees stealing. You couldn't talk an issue out without corrective actions against you. Some staff publicly humiliated employees in front of customers and other employees.
Pros
Got discounts on the latest shoe
Cons
No support
atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 30, 2019
Store management had alternate motives than what district management would standardize. Particularly the rule of not being able to leave the facility for smoke and/or lunch breaks was not communicated with me at any time during my employment.
Fun and Challenging
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 30, 2019
Every day at Hibbett provides a new challenge, but the people that you are surrounded by are easy to work with and all have the same goal in mind. Whether you are selling products or re-arranging the store, there is never a shortage of things to do.
Pros
Discounted shoes and clothes.
Great Company and atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJanuary 30, 2019
This was by far one of the best jobs I have had. The head manager was great and was great to work with. The company itself was great and provided great training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 29, 2019
Everyday working at Hibbett Sports was fun for me. It was never a day where it had got difficult for me. Everyone their were so kind and hard working. The workplace would always be organized and neat.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
Customers would steal.
the employees were great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 28, 2019
a typical work day involved stocking the shoe room, hanging up clothes, straightening shelves, opening the cash register, cashing out customers, talking to people. I learned how to manage my time effectively because i always had someone watching my every move. Management was poor no one really cared what they were doing they were never welling to work together it was their way or the highway and i fell as a company you should want feed back from your employees and your customers to continuous better themselves as a company. The hardest part was dealing with management because i felt like i had some great ideas to promote business and they always shut it down and never gave me the time of day. I like to help, and i like to make a difference. Dealing with my fellow co workers like the people under me we all got along and made the day go by smoothly and effectively. I also really enjoyed working with the customers.
Pros
working with customers and fellow employees
Cons
management was never willing to listen to ideas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibbett Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight