Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews

Found 1,375 reviews matching the search See all 1,377 reviews
it's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 12, 2018
this company is a billion dollar compant and treats employee infair, need more pay, more benfits. But working in the company taught me a lot about the outside world and people i
Pros
breaks, people
Cons
pay
Little Caesars Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALDecember 11, 2018
I just look for a job that's can help me more
Hibbett just not paying me enough
Plus the reason why I wanna work here before I know y'all pay fair and show me good respect and let me take off days
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great atmosphere for team building while keeping customers happy to assist them as much as possible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 11, 2018
My work experience at hibbetts sports was great overall. The management to the team staff, we all were able to get along and get the job done. I would love to work for the company again.
fun and socialble workplace with good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHDecember 11, 2018
most days were relaxed, took care of your customers and made sure the store stayed nice. you learn product info and you get to build communication skills along with building customer relations. management was good would always do their best to take care of you. hardest part of the job was just setting the floor and figuring out how merchandise looks best in certain areas.
Pros
lunch room could leave to get food.
Cons
only got half hour breaks but mailny just some long hours sometimes
Great company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Walker, LADecember 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Hibbett! The staff was amazing, and most everyone was easy to work with and worked together to accomplish daily tasks in a very timely manner
It was okay at the beginning
Manager (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 10, 2018
When I started it was fun but then they kept adding more and more on top of what we already had going on. Almost no time was spent at home with family
Pros
Discount on nice apparel and shoes
Cons
Low pay for performance, lots of hrs, no family time.
fun place to work for a college student
Sales Associate/ Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALDecember 9, 2018
I think overall the company is good. I worked this job while i was in college and it gave me a steady pay check. The only thing that i would suggest is that they allow upward movement for more than just older employees.
Very good place to work. I enjoyed the time I spent there and I learned a lot about job experience and customer service.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARDecember 5, 2018
At this job, i was the assistant manager. I had freedom as well as responsibility. I was in charge of day to day tasks as well as making sure the store was ran correctly and that my employees were doing their jobs efficiently. I learned many job skills as I worked there. I am grateful for the time I spent there.
Pros
Discount on merchandise. Health benefits.
Cons
Short breaks.
Great environment and great customers
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Newton, IADecember 4, 2018
As the assistant coach my days are normally filled with things to do through out the day. we have slow days like everywhere its just what you do on them slow parts
fun place to work with grat food spots around it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 29, 2018
It was a cool place to work at. Laid back. Management was probably the best part about working at Hibbett, My manager was great her name is Ms.O (Ophelia) . I was the assistant manager for the store and I didn't come in thinking I knew everything I just follow her and became a great assistant for her.
Hibbett Sports has been an amazing experience for me.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 27, 2018
Hibbett Sports is an amazing job to have while in school. They work around school hours and extracurricular activities, as well. My coworkers were great, hard-working people. I could not have asked for a better boss/mentor.
Hibbett Sports
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 27, 2018
The management is amazing at this location. I think of the people that I work with as a family. We keep each other accountable for the things that we do but we are just all alike. The only thing that I can complain about is that it is cold in the building and you can only wear a black jacket.
Pros
Great work life
Cons
Cold building
Productive and fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKNovember 25, 2018
It's a good job for college students. Work great around college schedules! Slow paced, but always have something to do. The pay is not much for anyone paying more than just rent.
decent place to start
Product Photographer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 23, 2018
decent place to start career. company is limiting in certain aspects. no growth opportunity because company hasn't quite gotten to a progressive place
Productive, laid back, easygoing pace work flow. With very easy to get along co workers, very simple daily job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXNovember 20, 2018
Come in the morning get the store ready for the day, by cleaning up from the previous day. count the draw and drop off the earning from the previous days write a list things that have to be done, check the back plus the inventory to make sure that every thing is neat and presentable. Get everything done through out the day, while assisting customer with what they need, and answering the phone to talk to other stores about orders that we may need or that they need. Then at the end of the day we count the draw and get it ready for drop off the next day close down the registers and clean the stores.
That was all enjoyable, hardest part of the job would be finding time to go to lunch or looking up shoes that were discontinued or are not available anymore, but if am talking about the hardest part of the job would have been cleaning out all the damage from the storm that flooded the store it was very exhausting and lasted all day. Management was great from the one at the orange location where I worked and then also at the Beaumont location where I had last worked, even the district manager was a cool guy.
Pros
opportunity to become a manager or assistant manager, flexible time schedule, and
Cons
not a lot of hours
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2018
great job especially for those who are sneaker heads you would love this job great pay but not enough hours . but there is room for growth if you want to become an manager
The store manager only cares about herself
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 18, 2018
The store manager only cares about herself. My coworkers were fine to work with, I still talk to them to this day. Very rude store manager. She only gave you time off if it fits her schedule. Plenty of times she told me spending time with my family is not that important and she would try to make me feel bad about wanting to go home because I’m not from here.
College job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX 75962November 18, 2018
My only complaint about the job was the way it ended. Being that the store was Farley new it was unorganized and normal procedures were never followed
Good place to work, especially college students.
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKNovember 14, 2018
I learned to work in a quick paced environment and basic retail. Dealing with the public in customer service has taught me patience and good customer service.
Fine Job For College Kids
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2018
I worked for Hibbett Sports for 3 years while I was in college. It was good at first but the raises are very poor. I was promoted to assistant manager after a year but had to beg for $10 an hour. Most of the people I worked with were pleasant. My manager was a good guy and tired his best to work with my class schedule. The customers could be rude, but that is to be expected, and upper management was a pain in the neck. Corporate did not seem to understand how a smaller retail store is supposed to operate. Overall it was not bad for a college kid, but with the low hourly pay, and not working off commission, it was almost not worth putting in all the hours.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy job, good customer service experience
Cons
Low pay, No weekends off, No holidays off except for Christmas day, Upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibbett Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight