Hibbett Sports

Hibbett Sports Employee Reviews

United States1,869 reviews
Found 1,869 reviews matching the search
N/a
It’s a good place to work, you get to meet new people and learn so much about the business side. Management for hibbett sports really care about their workers and customers
I love this company they are great and treat their employees very well
Great company and employees strongly suggest working here if you get the chance. Employees are amazing and knowledgeable and the management is amazing
All in all a great company to work at.
It’s a great place to work if you live around the area. You can learn a lot from the employees there and they are very friendly to all customers. A great work environment for students that are barely going into the work force
Great Environment
Hibbett has a great environment when you walk into the store! My only complaint was that the other staff would sit around and not help out when customers walked in.
Sufficient work place
Hibbett’s was a great place to work, I learned a lot about business while working there and the employees made sure that everyone knew just as much as the next person and always helped each other.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Wonderful
It’s A Wonderful Environment To Work In. I’ve Learned Numerous Things Working There . There Is a Diverse Staff And A Great Management Team . I Enjoy Working There .
There is no respect for there employees!
To many lazy leads, managers, brown nosers and they think they run the company while the commit many variations of behavior which they should of a sold principle of respect and leadership. I don't care how long you been there. They will throw you under the bus even if it's there mistakes. They are the most lazy backstabbers I have ever worked around. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
There are things that can be better.
I enjoy working at hibbetts for the most part. It’s mainly based on memory and experience.i would recommend it for people who love shoes and clothes or different types of fashon.
Flexible scheduling
Flexible workplace. Not a lot of traffic, so had to be creative at times to keep busy. Business closed without much warning, so no time to find other employment.
Horrible management/Fun when with a good team
I worked for the same store for two and a half years and had 7 different managers. I was about to get my 8th manager but decided to leave instead. The higher ups love a high turnover rate to keep their employees under-paid. More and more rules kept getting introduced with no compensation.

With that being said, I had the same crew with my for two of those 2.5 years and we had some of the best moments of my life there. When a good manager is present, the job is fun but a bad manager can cause the entire store to leave (what happened in my case).
Great job
Great job. Miss working here, had the best experience and management. Company really believes in their employees and management staffs. Only downside is you have to wait a week for new releases.
Not a ideal place to work.
I worked there for a very short time. My manager was very rude and constantly made new employees feel useless do to poor training that was “provided”. Also blamed workers for everything when proper training was absent. Everything was handled by anyone under the GM. Did very little, and sat in the back on their phone 90% of the day and wonders why “tasks” aren’t completed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Poor management
It was a great opportunity.
It was a great opportunity for my job experience. I recommend this job for anyone. It is a great job for someone that needs a job with a flexible schedule.
A great place
I had a good experience working here. At first i felt as if I wasn't very included but that is basically anywhere for the first couple of weeks. I was not payed a lot but the experiences I had there made up for the pay, there was opportunity with moving up in the company which I have never been able to do. I moved up two positions within a month of working here, I was surrounded by the best group of people I have ever met, overall a great experience. I was located at the Albertville,Alabama location!!!!
Beware
They discriminate other races here. They don't care if you've been mistreated wrong, they don't care about other's opinions, abuse of power. Low pay. No benefits. Don't ever work here.
It was a good job
I Learned a lot about the job and made me a better person. It was my first job and it made me feel like it was easy and calm as a job. I learned a lot about shoes and clothes also.
Good Learning Experience
Learned about Retail and Inventory. Decent training - learned how to schedule employees and do reports. Enjoyed the customers. Enjoyed the job overall.
Great job
Hibbett sports was a great company to work for, but due to COVID-19 we got laid off and the pay wasn’t enough for the employees. Which isn’t fun at all.
Hibbetts is ran very well and the managers care a lot about their work and customer happiness more than anything.
The workers at Hibbetts are all very likable people and very caring people. They made me feel as if I was more than a co-worker. Relatively easy work. It isn't the busiest place so I found myself with free time most of the days I worked but if there were things that needed to be done the managers would give you some busy work to get the store straightened up or restocked, just anything to make the store look as presentable as it possibly could. A very good place to work and for as much free time as I got the pay was perfect.
Worst
I didn't fit in with my team and they did not help me learn, instead, they only told me what I was doing wrong. I loved my Manager, she was the best! The job was very slow.
warm enivornment
ok place to start working
slow work day during the week

busy during the holiday and fast pace

learning on the go

schedules are very easy to adjust to
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hibbett Sports. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight