hibu Employee Reviews

Evolving Positions
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2018
Moving toward more solutions selling, providing multiple products to address clients needs.Their leads are becoming more inbound rather than strictly cold calling.
Pros
Time off incentives
Cons
Low base pay
Great management and culture
Digital and marketing specialist (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 31, 2018
Great training with local trainers and management.
Excellent products and support. Great selection of products. Minimum interference from management.
Front line technology for advertising executives.
Pros
Local territory, great people and products.
Cons
Too many accounts given to the reps
great starting job for sales
Sales Executive/Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2018
this was my first outside sales position. I worked from home and it was great at first. My manger wasn't located in my state so I didn't receive the type of training and guidance i should have.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor leadership
Poor Customer service and support
Digital Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 26, 2018
This company is the former yellow pages in California. Since they would only have to visit the customer once per year they really didn't care about the customer until the following year came around. Now that the yellow pages are gone they have still carried the same concept over to digital marketing. The are very focused on selling the customer a new form of advertising but they do not do any sort of follow up with customer service. Customer is told to call customer service and frown upon the rep assisting then since it takes them away from making new sales.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
management no ability for advancement.
Local Management very hands on and helpful. Team culture and many bonus incentives based on productivity.
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  VirtualOctober 17, 2018
Enjoyed many advancement opportunities and accolades during my 14+ years (primarily during the Yellowbook years before name change to Hibu). While the transition of the business from print to all digital services has had it's ups and downs, local management has remained fairly consistant and is the core strength of the salesforce.
Unrealistic sales quotas
Account executive, 2 yrs (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 12, 2018
After working for a short time at hibu the sales quotas were increased so much 90% of the sales force weren't accomplishing even the minimums, at least if you were a relatively new rep. The senior sales reps had their quotas decreased in new quotas. How backwards is that? They had no idea how to compete in a business environment with literally thousands of competitors (digital advertising). They have been in a world of only having 5 or six competitors at any given time (phone books). Management was grasping at straws while the ship sinks and blame the sales reps for a dying product, phone books. I lost my job because of a lack of production in the product they felt we should sell this month, meanwhile I was in the top 3rd of the nation in sales of their bread and butter product, the one that could actually pull them out of the disaster that is there financial position. I have nothing good to say about this company, period!!
Pros
non
Cons
everything
I have no oppinion
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 9, 2018
I worked there for 3 months and i wasnt able to sell anything so they gave me a choice to either quit or be fired if i couldnt sell anything.. perfectly understandable
Not territory lines
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2018
YOu essentially competed within the territory with all your coworkers to get to the account first. It was a circus. No defined territories. Pay is terrible
Best part of the company is the people that work there..
Account Executive, Digital Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 26, 2018
Great culture great work-life balance. Has a lot of the same downfalls you typical experience with large corporations and the bureaucracy that goes with.
Fun, enjoyable, aggressive, productive
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MS Gulf CoastSeptember 23, 2018
Hibu is a great work environment. They have a great sales force that works with cutting each technology to get business owners in front of their customers. They can also prove their results to the business owner, which puts them ahead of their competition.
Not bad
Digital Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed it for the most part. Some people really hate it there but I'd say it's a pretty easy job. The department I worked in was DSC and mainly a day would consist of on-boarding websites and SEO, SEM and managing clients that already had products.
Challenging
Account Executive - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 18, 2018
Hibu was a hyper-competitive sales environment, with daily, weekly, and monthly targets.

I honed my knack for proper goal setting, as well as organization, whilst having a stage to interact with businesses to provide value to them through critical-thinking, strategic planning, and a competitive spirit to champion dynamic results.
I would recommend to the position to others
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my position with hibu. They worked with me, especially when I needed short term disability to take care of my husband and/or myself. I would definitely recommend this company to others.
My job no longer exists at hibu
Direct Mail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 29, 2018
I'm not sure why this is required. How inappropriate that I have to provide reviews of the old companies that I worked for in order to obtain a new job?
Complete disregard for employees as individuals
Digital Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 29, 2018
When I started as a DSC, I actually enjoyed the job. as the company changed the goals and the manager of my department started to take duties from other departments and put them on us, then triple our workload because they didn't want to start the appropriate corrective action for those not following the rules.. instead, there would be creative corrective action imposed on those that spoke up or tried to change things, which I believe was part of the reason for my termination. Several people in the department were working 10 -12 hour days just to finish their daily work, not to mention the additional work being piled on. These agents should be getting paid $20+ per hour, and are starting at $15. its absolutely ridiculous.
Company was in transition
Web Content Editor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2018
While I worked there the name changed several times and focus was changing from print to online. It may be different now but seemed like they were not sure where they were going.
Pros
Benefits and vacation
Cons
Changing daily
Not an ideal modern work environment
Digital Service Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 21, 2018
If you need a job, this is a perfectly acceptable job in the short term. Hibu doesn’t care enough about employees to offer any real incentives to stay. Unreasonable expectations on performance, terrible communication from management, old systems, outsourced everything (products, cs, IT) and a bad overall business model are among the problems you’ll eventually come to find here.

Honestly the only nice thing I can say is that the people who work here are really nice.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Old systems, not enough opportunities for advancement.
Great activities for the employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here. They have since moved since i worked there - so I'm not sure of the location they're in now - but before they had an onsite cafe and gym for employees
Pros
not closed off - loved having so many windows to see the outdoors
Cons
mgmt didnt see my full potential
Great Company
Associate Manager of Distribution (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
I was fortunate to work on the printing side of Hibu. With everything switching to digital, There were job cuts and I couldn't stay with the company.
Pros
Best management you'll find anywhere
Cons
Travel
Job Overview
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 5, 2018
During your training hibu will make it sound as if its easy to make sales when you leave KOP. The current environment for digital advertising is saturated with companies like hibu that provide weak products and poor back end customer service. The customer service is not in the continental United States.
If this is your first job in digital advertising you will quickly find out other companies have far superior digital products. Most people do not last more than 1 year with this company. They will task you with unrealistic sales goals.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at hibu.

Powered by Comparably