hibu Employee Reviews

Challenging
Account Executive - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 18, 2018
Hibu was a hyper-competitive sales environment, with daily, weekly, and monthly targets.

I honed my knack for proper goal setting, as well as organization, whilst having a stage to interact with businesses to provide value to them through critical-thinking, strategic planning, and a competitive spirit to champion dynamic results.
I would recommend to the position to others
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my position with hibu. They worked with me, especially when I needed short term disability to take care of my husband and/or myself. I would definitely recommend this company to others.
My job no longer exists at hibu
Direct Mail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 29, 2018
I'm not sure why this is required. How inappropriate that I have to provide reviews of the old companies that I worked for in order to obtain a new job?
Complete disregard for employees as individuals
Digital Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 29, 2018
When I started as a DSC, I actually enjoyed the job. as the company changed the goals and the manager of my department started to take duties from other departments and put them on us, then triple our workload because they didn't want to start the appropriate corrective action for those not following the rules.. instead, there would be creative corrective action imposed on those that spoke up or tried to change things, which I believe was part of the reason for my termination. Several people in the department were working 10 -12 hour days just to finish their daily work, not to mention the additional work being piled on. These agents should be getting paid $20+ per hour, and are starting at $15. its absolutely ridiculous.
Company was in transition
Web Content Editor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2018
While I worked there the name changed several times and focus was changing from print to online. It may be different now but seemed like they were not sure where they were going.
Pros
Benefits and vacation
Cons
Changing daily
Not an ideal modern work environment
Digital Service Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 21, 2018
If you need a job, this is a perfectly acceptable job in the short term. Hibu doesn’t care enough about employees to offer any real incentives to stay. Unreasonable expectations on performance, terrible communication from management, old systems, outsourced everything (products, cs, IT) and a bad overall business model are among the problems you’ll eventually come to find here.

Honestly the only nice thing I can say is that the people who work here are really nice.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Old systems, not enough opportunities for advancement.
Great activities for the employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here. They have since moved since i worked there - so I'm not sure of the location they're in now - but before they had an onsite cafe and gym for employees
Pros
not closed off - loved having so many windows to see the outdoors
Cons
mgmt didnt see my full potential
Great Company
Associate Manager of Distribution (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
I was fortunate to work on the printing side of Hibu. With everything switching to digital, There were job cuts and I couldn't stay with the company.
Pros
Best management you'll find anywhere
Cons
Travel
Job Overview
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 5, 2018
During your training hibu will make it sound as if its easy to make sales when you leave KOP. The current environment for digital advertising is saturated with companies like hibu that provide weak products and poor back end customer service. The customer service is not in the continental United States.
If this is your first job in digital advertising you will quickly find out other companies have far superior digital products. Most people do not last more than 1 year with this company. They will task you with unrealistic sales goals.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Micromanaged
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 5, 2018
Micromanaged
nothing is ever good enough
pay is good-when it's good-it's good
when it's bad-it's bad
they don't tell you about chargebacks-when someone cancels-they take money out of your check
Cancellations because of things that happen in the office...things that are out of your hands
Pros
decent pay, flexible work schedule
Cons
confusing commission structure
Not horrible
Associate Campaign Analyst (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Overall not a bad place but not a lot of promotion or room to grow. A lot of promises were given by upper management and never kept. Were better off not promising things getting better or promotions than not giving them after always bringing them up.
Great Place to work
Digital consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 24, 2018
Loved my job there. Great people to work for and work with! Made sure you felt needed and wanted there. They are always doing something to make sure there employees are being taken care of
Was a great place to work years ago
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2018
After the company underwent a restructure, the culture became unbearable. Upper executive management stole from the company's assets in order to fund their pet projects. It was never the same.
Benefits
Cons
compensation
Not a strong brand
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 15, 2018
Not nationally or globally recognized. Poorly managed. A small fish trying to compete with more recognized, and established firms in the advertising/marketing world
Good for resume building
Web Content Writer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 8, 2018
This company is good to get your foot in the door for a career in copy or web design. You learn pretty quickly on proper SEO and web design. They have aggressive goals and if you don't adapt quick, you won't last long here. Stay here for the experience.
Pros
SEO knowledge and web design courses
Cons
Job security
Continuously learning!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 28, 2018
I learned to cold call effectively and close deal with the right tools as well as the efficient programs that are needed. The culture is team driven and continuously improving. The hardest part of the job was the competitiveness however I enjoyed helping customers benefits from the advertising we provide.
Low pay Micromanaged
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 21, 2018
This company offers low pay, poor work life balance, and you are micromanaged to death. Not much on the upside for a sales rep here other then training.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
Work life balance, micromanaged
Fun workplace
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 13, 2018
strong work ethic with hard working employees. They strive to help you succeed and really try to help their clients.The overall company model is above average.
Pros
Paid holidays, weekends off
Cons
Over exerting work loads at times
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 1, 2018
Hibu was a fun environment to work in with the opportunity to make a good living for yourself. They treat their employees well. Good referral bonus as well.
enjoyable
DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2018
If you are good at sales this is a great place
They are not fair when it comes to missed time
They don't care if you're a single parent unless you're friends with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight