Hickory Farms Employee Reviews

Fun with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2018
I opened kiosk, stocked, greeted customers, give out samples, hand fun with kids on mall train gave candy to kids as they passed by. Seeing the faces of customers who try our products and are surprised at how good it tasted.
Pros
People watching
Cons
no beneifets
Great holiday seasonal store
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 12, 2018
Fun seasonal store, everyone is in a great holiday mood. Kiosk is not too large so you are able to keep theft down. I was able to hire my own staff with people that I trusted. I only had one employee that was hired by the Area Manager that had to be let go. It is a terrific atmosphere. The pay for this temporary position is above average.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
gets extremely busy during Christmas
Seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 7, 2018
It's a great job to help pay for Christmas. Its fun to educate the younger generation on this product and see the look on their faces when the have a sample.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Crazy hours
Seasonal
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 2, 2018
Hickory Farms was a seasonal job that only last for a month in a half. I was not there long enough to get a good feel for the job. My experience working for the company was not that great because there were not enough employees working to cover for breaks.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, not enough employees
seasonal position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 29, 2018
good place to work great pay weekly pay.
great discounts , they allow you to taste everything that you are selling they also allow you a good amount of discount and before the end of the season they all you discount to up to 70% off you any of your purchases
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
seaosnal
Was okay.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 29, 2018
I only worked there for 3 months. They have a kiosk in the mall during the holidays and need seasonal workers. It wasn't that bad honestly. The pay was meh, but it was kinda fun. Coworkers are pretty cool, and you ha e to talk to tons of people so it gets your confidence up.
Fun seasonal position
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
Look forward to working every season. Excellent food and value. Makes wonderful christmas gifts for office, clients and family. Online ordering includes free shipping during majority of holiday season
Pros
Discount and sales incentives
Cons
Seasonal position
Good seasonal job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2018
Great Seasonal job for a person who doesn't have other obligations during November and December. The paperwork work wasn't bad. I had a lot of help from my district manager. Everyone loves Hickory Farms food. The product nearly sells itself.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours at times
Great part time job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 9, 2018
This is a great seasonal job. It is a fun and exciting environment to work in. You get to interact with a variety of people and sell great tasting food.
fav job ever
Retail Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2018
i loved working for hickory farms
the company really cares about the employee's and stays true to their core values and missions
it would love to return to them someday
Long and repetitive day
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 5, 2018
Hardest part of position is keeping the kiosk's staffed- all employees are seasonal so there is no loyalty to the company. Needed to visit frequently to ensure area managers and kiosk managers are keeping to company standards in sampling, dress code and merchandising.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hard to keep staffed
Was a fun place to work at
Temp Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 4, 2018
I liked working here, my direct manager was terrific. I can't say I would be back to do it again next year though. Some of the upper management have a hard time with communication and we very quickly ran out of samples and products before it was even December so we had to reach out to other stores in hopes that they could help us.
Pros
I met some pretty awesome people and got to work with old friends
Cons
Bad communication with upper management, no speedy replenishment of product, if at all
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 29, 2018
It was a great job to get back into work since I havent work for the passed six years do to being on dialysis. I tried to do the job again during seasonal but never got a call back.
LOVED working for HF!
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 23, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about Hickory Farms! I love the way they treat their customers and their employees. They give great training, and are always available to help an employee with any issues that come up.
The ONLY downside to working for HF is that they are only around during the holidays. I would work for Hickory Farms 365 days a year if it were possible!
It's a job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 22, 2018
Hickory Farms is an awesome AMERICAN company. They are very nice and friendly. They know exactly how to treat their employees and give awesome feed back and positive vibes. I'd work here again.
Convenient for students.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 19, 2018
In a typical day at work, I would offer free samples to potential customers. If any of them were interested, I would give them information about our current deals and products being offered. I learned how to better interact with customers and how to handle a fast-paced environment. There weren't many hard parts of job, but the hardest part would be trying to catch the interest of most potential customers passing by. The most enjoyable part is that it worked around my school schedule.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
seasonal
Not my best job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 8, 2018
This typical job came as a challenge for it was seasonal work selling meat, cheese and crackers. The challenge was many people just wanted the samples only. A good job for kids home on winter break.
horrible company to work for
Store Team Leader (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2018
This organization has evidently gone downhill over the years. Temporary locations set up each year during the holidays run by all temporary staff. They make promises for salary that they didn't keep. They were cutthroat and passed the buck on most important issues.
Pros
There were no pros
Cons
Horrible atmosphere horrible management
Great seasonal employment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 24, 2018
Enjoy working during the hoilday season in the mall. District manager was easy to get ahold of if any questions. Overall the company was great to work for
great pay
Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 16, 2018
great pay great hours . overall was a good job just was seasonal Discount was prefect
samples were awesome
simple job prefect for a first timer for their first job
Pros
discounts
Cons
mangers