HID Global Employee Reviews

All Good....but You Won't Go Anywhere
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2018
A very good place to start out to work with some great ideas and potential. Excellent practice in team collaboration. Very heavy on the upper management with a huge roadblock at the Director level. It seems that Directors are constantly in fear of their VP's. It is a serious issue with Directors who are too young and lack the experience to be true leaders and can guide their teams.
Senior Managment is quite good with an excellent CEO and even better COO.
The chance of advancement is nill to none. It really is bad.
The entire Customer Service team that is the ears and eyes to the customers are weak at best. No social skills and way behind to be true contributors to the bottom line.
Pros
Collaboration, work / life balance.
Cons
Heavy upper and middle management. Zero chance for advancement.
Productive and challenging.
Senior Global IT Network Security Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
Fast Paced learning environment. High demand and good middle management staff. There were numerous corporate sponsored "fun committee" events which really helped to reduce some of the more stressful times. Ping pong table in the breakroom was a great addition
Very good company to work for
SharePoint Admin\ECM Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2018
My experience with HID Global was very good and they invest in building your skills. I was able to not only enhance my skills, but I was able to learn new skills and upper management has open door policy.
Pros
Great Management (Very Knowledgeable), Very friendly staff, Very nice office and amenities
Cons
Heavy workloads, High staff turnover, long term contracts, so it is difficult to become full time employee
An abysmal place to work
Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 5, 2018
This was an awful place to work. The culture is such that you aren't working on a team with leaders, you are working with a group of trauma victims led by schoolyard bullies. Their idea of innovation consisted of agreeing with your boss, no matter the consequences.

Do yourself a favor and do not work here unless you have direct experience dealing with malignant personality types. You'll regret it, regardless.
HID Does it right
Channel Administration & Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed every bit of my time with HID. The culture is energetic and progressive.
There is a trending to corporate assimilation by Assa Abloy, but overall a solid place to work.
...bypass good employees for outsiders
HID Employee (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 2, 2018
good people, nice building; great brand; lots of favoritism; no career advancement unless you are part of the inner circle; revolving door; does not value employees;
Pros
nice building
Cons
Favoritism; no career advancement
amazing relaxed place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I love working here, we work Monday - Thursday, 10 hours a day. and 40 hours a week. so every week we have 3 days off. its very relaxed and easy to do. very flexible, if you prefer to do something else the company will find you a better department that fits you better. this company really does care about its workers.
Pros
8 hours of pto every month and lots of disc
Great People, Poor Management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2017
People: mostly great

Executive management: intentionally deaf or unaware?

Leadership: uncommon, rare and mostly powerless

Workload: overworked globally

Company objectives: read well, sound good, worth pursuing, with poor management, execution and resourcing to deliver on them

IT department: fear based employment, insufficient personnel, unchecked revolving door of contractors, non-manager positions transitioning to Poland and India

Manufacturing: clean warehouse, typical labor revolving door

HR: in transition, unreliable for personnel support

Outlook: uncertain
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of Leadership, Execution of Company Objectives, Understaffed and Toxic IT
Mgmt did not replace people exiting the company and caused much higher work y other employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2017
The typical day was fast paced, you could not get everything expected of you done in the same day. Need for more people to balance the work load. Quantity was more important then quality but was stated differently by different levels of mgmt. SLA's were changed because of lack of correct personnel.
Pros
Cons
Short on personnel
Great Place!
Senior Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80021September 15, 2017
--> Typical day - perform tasks, document technologies, coordinate reviews.
--> Learned new and older printer and access control technologies which involved hardware and software.
--> Management - nice, but not knowledgeable about my particular work. Mismanaged adding new personnel with my similar background.
--> Awesome workplace culture; many great professionals
--> Hardest part of the job was navigating elevating the position into more responsibilities and leadership.
--> Most enjoyable part of the job was the technology and awesome people.
Pros
Great work to life balance, great people
Cons
Limited opportunities for promotion
Nice place to work, interesting product line
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2017
HID Global is a very nice place to work. New building, decent work spaces, and has many good, positive people to work with. I would return if the position were available.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Fast paced
Programming Operator Shipping Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2017
Working at HID is fast faced, varied hours, and advancement for only a few. Job Security is based upon personality, who one knows and not job performance. Employees are dismissed for small infractions.
Pros
Allowed to work in various areas
Cons
Hours varied too much
Fast-paced, high tech environment
MANAGER TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 23, 2017
Met daily with team, scheduled assignments. Daily product/sprint meetings with resulting tasks.
Developed documentation and released through Agile.
Reviewed/edited documents from the team.
Trained writers on the products and documentation templates.
Pros
Worked with really great people.
Cons
Resources were very short in our department.
eBusiness Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin TexasJune 4, 2017
I started at HID Global in June 2015 and have enjoyed both the people and the position. I have been able to travel so I am able to meet my colleagues who are on my core teams. HID Global hosts several employee gatherings during the year.
Great Place to Learn a lot about Mobile and Security testing
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA, USAApril 7, 2017
A typical day at work involved Writing test cases, Peer review of test cases written by others in the team and setting up the test environment.
This Job gave me an opportunity to learn about security and integration of security with mobile.
Management was very learned and very process oriented and gave me a great Platform to get more refined with my testing knowledge.
The hardest part of the Job involved a lot of travel from my home to the workplace with caused an imbalance with my family life.
The most enjoyable part of the Job involved a lot about mobile, security testing, analyzing the crash codes, working with access cards. The whole testing experience was amazing.
Pros
Great Process oriented approach towards testing
Cons
involved a lot of travel
nil
Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2017
This company is awesome and i recommend to my known colleagues, i got nothing more to say, if you wish to collect more details i would like to do this over the phone
good
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 2, 2017
A position working within the accounting or related fields which offers a high level of challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity for continued career growth.
State of the art facilities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Call center type work environment. Fast paced job rhythm that requires attention to detail and accurate results. Learn as you go and expectation is to produce results as soon as possible.
Benefits
Cons
On the job training
Good place to work.
Shipping /Receiving Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2016
I worked at lot of hours when allowed.
Not many opportunity for advancement.
Provide training to provide job function.
Learn the logistics of the job.
Pros
Flexibilty for class schedule.
Cons
Opportinuty for advancement.
Great Company but...
Quality Assurance Credentials Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2016
HID Global is an ever growing organization. It is a company of acquisitions and continuously looks to expand their portfolio. With that, they become clouded and starting to become more top heavy which in my experience, is not a good thing. Although they are leading in several emerging markets they certainly have their share of flaws. The work environment is actually pretty good. Even with all the restructuring the stress level is relatively mild. Just as any company, you have certain people that can elevate that at any moment but the workload, for me, is manageable. Management at HID seems to be engaged with ideas of Process Improvements, whether it be from an operator or an engineer, if you have an idea to make things better...they will listen. In most cases, if you are not what management considers to be a "credible" source then chances are, those ideas are just heard and not acted out. People like to take credit for improvement ideas around here so documentation is key. HR department is probably one of the worst I have seen at any company. Open door policy is only two hours a week, specific time slots on specific days. They do not promote internal requisitions to all employees therefore opportunities for growth is limited. Benefits are decent and the pay is mediocre depending on job title. Production personnel is expected to work as necessary and in most cases, overtime is essential to meet fluctuating business demands.
Pros
Benefits, People, Stress Free, Overall Atmosphere
Cons
Low opportunity for growth, Not much incentive to go above and beyond daily duties