High Desert ESD Employee Reviews

Flexible hours, low pay, can be stressful
Life skills sub (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJune 18, 2018
Choose your hours but the pay is low for the cost of living in the area. Good additional income, but not what can be lived on. Decent to work for but not overly friendly.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 27, 2017
I have found being a substitute teacher for the last year invaluable and High Desert ESD has been a great company to work for. They are always there when you need them and I have been provided plenty of work. I cannot think of one suggestion to improve their system.
This was the stepping stone for what I wanted to do.
Instructional Assistant Substitute (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 5, 2017
I was basically on call daily. I enjoyed the job being in all different stages of grade levels. It was always enjoyable. I really enjoy the recess duty. I learned a lot about the different levels of special needs. Very informative and prepared me for the full time position that I had taken when the opportunity arose.
Pros
Always enjoyed all students.
Cons
Some people talking behind your back.
Great program
Substitute Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORMay 16, 2012
working with the different staff and different schools from elementary to high school was great. I got to assist in everyday learning and development with elementary school age children at a magnet school as well as work with the life skills program at a high school. Everything about substitute teaching for High Desert was fun and rewarding.