High Point Treatment Center
52Below average

High Point Treatment Center Employee Reviews

United States167 reviews
this institution has been shut down. But it is poorly run and unfortunately the patients suffer the most. Due to the lack of care in their employees made it difficult to keep staff
Just a nice place to work. Very flexible and laid back. Typical day is reasonable. Management is generally supportive as well as understanding. There are also advancement opportunities.
The whole place is such a joke. Nobody gives a rats tail there, there’s no structure and there’s definitely no consistency, everything seems to go on one ear and out the other. Also I feel like no matter how hard you work your always in trouble for something so tiny!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
More responsibility then your job is suppose to be. Did not learn much. Management does not back you up. Staff does not have each other’s back. All family and friends. They are not suppose to have sisters or brothers aunts work at the same place. Was trying to stay positive when you knew it didn’t matter to management. Lies to DPH. Always warned when they were coming to the facility. Staff an clients were told what not to say. The only reason I stayed so long was for the clients. They were not treated right. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this company. It needs a major overhaul. Especially staff and management. I reported a threat and the staff member got promoted. I was accused of something and when I proved them wrong I was asked to leave.
A lot of work with low pay. Need high education to succeed. Does provide some compensation for schooling if related. Great training. Travel expected with own vehicle.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The company is not thinking of the well being of the addicted or the safety of the staff for that matter, their motto seems to be “Fill the beds”! There was a time when you felt good about what you were doing there, so the low pay was accepted, but now I believe they are enabling and contributing to the severity of the disease
High point is about helping the patient, with addiction as well as mental health. The people who work for this company are very passionate about helping to save lives
There is not much room to grow and not enough clients to fill positions. The company does not pay out bonus in a timely manner, I’ve often waited nine months or longer for an earned bonus.
Flexibility is a great feature with this company. Set your own hours in order to reach your weekly goal. Generous paid leave time through holidays, vacation and sick leave. Yearly raises and bonus options.
Paid mileage and work stipend.

Management listens , are available and helpful.
This went back from being a great team that had each other's back always to a group of terrorized employees who never knew the next one that was going to be fired especially the people that were aging it ended up being a nightmare working there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at High Point Treatment Center?
Loved helping people however i feel all of us working with this population(highly tramatized individuals who are learning to cope w lifes stressors) should be paid way more for the amount of work that is done. Unfortunatly its the way of the world atbthis time and i feel high point as well as other tx facilities
Unless you want to work for peanuts, join the circus- High Point. The Recovery Specialists do the med pass while the lazy nurses chat and eat. Management- complete joke. They have no idea what goes on on the units. More drugs in there then on the street. Some bring in the drugs. Absolutely no psychiatric care. Patient s go without meds for days.
You cant tell the difference the clients and the staff-addicts including managers. HR are hypocritical untrustworthy insincere phonies. You will sit and hear about.policy, policy, policy-policoes they don't follow. You can not trust the uneducated clicky staff who spend their time spreading rumors about clients and staff. The management /dministration hide and lie tonDPH
Clients are the last thing the organization is thinking aboutto DOH
This company has many relatives working together so there is constant need to be careful of what you do and say not to offend anyone for there not to be any bullying and when bullying happens the HR dept doesn't maintain the ZERO tolerance stated in their employee handbook mission statement! They participate in the process! Also have employees who do no work and get paid to do it and management doesnt care
I suggest you stay away from this company they are the worse company I’ve ever worked for. The CEO is all about numbers if your not bringing revenue he looks for a way to close the program not realizing that it’s just one more program being taken away from people who needs help. HR department is full of people that is clueless and doesn’t hv a clue on what they doing. They sit here and request for all Program to be fully staff while it takes 2 months to hire someone cuz HR works at their own slow phase. I worked by myself with no support of any upper management for 6 months as a PD clinical supervisor and RS supervisor. I was mentally drained and not once anyone reached out to be to offer help they would only show up on days that dph visits to sit and pretend to them that the program was being well taken cared by them which was all lies. They currently have staff that reports to work under the influence and was reported by clients that I reported to the coo and nothing gone done left with a very sour taste on my mouth as they are not for the clients High Point is about The ceo making money and under paying staff…
Pros
The clients you help
Cons
Terrible management
Despite the different cultures and population high point treatment center is good. We counsel clients and they were able to go have gone back @ their communities and make a difference. Clients take timely meditations and eat on time and have Am and Pm group. Clients take a morning and evening tour on the facility. Most importantly, the facility is equipped with securities.
I love working there because I love being sort of the solution and not the problem. This is very rewarding for me and I glad I'm apart of high point facility
I have worked in multiple programs in this company, and my assessment is that management does not care about it's employees or its patients in the way that it should. Low pay will have constant turn-over, as well as management practices that involve not listening to those that are affected, money and power (in a not-for-profit) over patient outcomes, long-term employment, or staff retention.
Pros
Free lunch, private offices
Cons
Low pay, low profit-sharing, terrible EMR, lack of accountability across the board
January 27, 2020
Please feel free to complete our surveys on the intranet, reach out to HR or call the compliance hotline with your concerns so that we can address them properly.
Days were busy and non stop / team players all trying to help the patients receive the care they needed and meet the goals each individual set for themselves.
I really enjoyed working there on the adolescent unit.

Everyone pulled together especially in a crisis situation.

Sad when it closed.
Pros
Nice group of people all doing their best.
Cons
Needed to have security present on each unit for staff safety.
The Management do not refer to policies before making incorrect statements to staff and patients. The Program Director manipulates the schedule for DPH purposes. The management team does not respect confidentiality of staff or patients. The whole building of staff talk badly about each other and management does too even in front of patients.
Most of the staff spend half the day outside smoking. Very toxic and negative environment to work. A good percentage if the staff are as high as the patients.
January 10, 2020
We regret that this was your experience being employed at High Point. We would appreciate if you would take a few minutes to complete this confidential and anonymous survey (link below). The results of the survey are viewed by Human Resources Leadership and used to implement positive changes for a healthy and safe working environment. Additionally, any concerns presented will be addressed. Thank you!

SURVEY:

I worked with this company for quite some time. I got terminated because of faulty equipment I reported on more than one occasion. I gave them so much of my time and nothing was appreciated. The harder you work the less they care
Pros
The free schooling
Cons
Toxic environment, uncaring management and no support when you need it
January 27, 2020

SURVEY:

Ask a question about working or interviewing at High Point Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4