High Point Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Gives a Bad Name to Recovery
N/A (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 20, 2018
This place is an absolute disaster! Management is either only focused on policy and ‘this is how it’s always been’ or they’re petty and immature and act like it’s still high school. The director wants 100% occupancy at all times and I have seen cots placed in the rooms in order to overfill the place past capacity. Staff shows up to work under the influence often. The few people who actually truly care about the clients are too low on the totem pole to make anything change.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, poor work environment, awful management
"High and mighty" management, lack of consistency
Full-time Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 23, 2018
Management was on a high horse and did not take action on clinical staff concerns. Seemed to be aligned with the "this is how it's always been" mindset.
Very dysfunctional place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  PlymouthMarch 22, 2018
There was no support from the higher level management, especially during emergencies, or problems with employees. I was asked to resign after I reported patient abuse by the doctor. They said that it took along time to get a doctor, so I would have to go.
Pros
Cons
Everything; pay was horrible
A typical day at High Point
LPN (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 26, 2018
The typical work day was very busy. We had a lot of clients that need help with ADL's and medication. These client was detoxing for from drugs so the need help. The job was a learning experience for me.
Pros
The company did provided us with some barbeques on weekend, with clients.
Cons
The comanpany was short staffed.
Poor environment
Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  30 Meadowbrook Road, Brockton Mass.February 16, 2018
Poor management style, lack of clear vision treatment for clients. None adequate supervision, and loads of paperwork. None incentives for caseworkers.
Pros
No lunch breaks
Cons
No lunch breaks
A reliable job
Admission staff (Former Employee) –  Middleborough, MAFebruary 12, 2018
They take care of their employees and treat their clients with kindness. They take their time with providing you with the best care as possible. a great environment to work in.
Productive and fun workplace
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleborough, MAJanuary 22, 2018
Working here has its ups and downs. But no matter the problem, in the end everything works out. Sometimes the work can be hectic but in the long run it teaches us time management skills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes no breaks due to busy work
Good experience for new clinicians!
Community Based-In Home Therapist and Hub Provider (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 22, 2017
We all work from home so it can be very isolating. We do paperwork, phone calls to clients & collateral contacts, confirm schedules in the morning, see clients in the afternoon, paperwork at night. You have to be flexible and available! Good benefits!
Ok
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleboro, MANovember 13, 2017
HPTC is a great place as far as flexibility and entry level, unfortunately they do not pay a fair rate. The company has little to no room for advancement
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low rates
great place
RN (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 31, 2017
I have worked with Highpoint treatment center and I think it has a great atmosphere and is well intune with what's needed to succeed and advance in the work place and they are great with the pay .
Pros
great pay
Cons
stressful environment combative patients
Decent work environment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 29, 2017
Typical day includes client groups, transportation of clients, medication administration to clients, inventory or medication, redirecting client behavior, intake and discharge of clients, updating client notes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of benefits, insufficient pay
Great People to work with from the community
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 29, 2017
Highpoint serves a highly diverse addictions population . A typical day at highpoint consist of Clinicians serving the client population by pre scheduled Individual or Group Counseling appointments, as well a attend required Clinician Team Meetings. Since working here my Counseling Skill Level has increased tremendously and my direct supervision by both my Director and Supervisor have been en lighting over the last year. Overall working at Highpoint has been both a enjoyable and meaningful experience in my Life, and I am greatfull and humbled to have served the above mentioned populations with a well experienced Team of Professionals.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Health Care Options
Poor scheduling
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 15, 2017
High point does not care about their employees. Management is immature and petty. Employees are not put first. Clients are not forced to follow rules. Management focus is on the wrong issues. Poor staffing. Not always safe. Employees are not trained properly and rules are not enforced. Poor work ethic. To many excuses on why things are not done correctly.
Pros
Cons
Policies not followed
co workers
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02301October 9, 2017
There is a lot of good staff at high point treatment center that realty care about what they do and care for the staff and patients there they have a lot of training at high point for staff.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
Productive but no financial benefit or raise
CASTLE, IHT, Clinician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 2, 2017
Nice place to work and the kids are great. The pay not so good and no raises. Health insurance is expensive and no matching of 403b plan. Supervisors are very nice and easy to get along with.
ok job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 20, 2017
putting out the fire when 5 min late. working 11-7 1/2 the time alone.
management- needs work
culture - mostly great staff and patients alike
hardest part of the job- some loud and distracting staff
enjoyable - patient care, specifically their personalities
Pros
can be enjoyable
Fast-Paced
Drug & Alcohol Clinician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed the workers and the job was rewarding. The patients were great. Overall the experience as a clinician was outstanding. I would absolutely recommend the job to anyone looking to better their community.
High stress job
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 16, 2017
Working for high point was very stressful, there are very high expectations on both staff and clients, and management does not do a very good job at hiring, and is often running short staffed. I read a review stating "co-workers who used to be clients" as a negative statement but I dont feel that matters, I have seen a few former clients be great employees and evidence to clients that recovery is possible, I have also seen some other co-workers come into work impaired, say inappropriate things to clients, or start arguments between other staff. On the other hand, I have gained great friendships with some coworkers even outside of work. The job can also be very rewarding when you see clients who are grateful to be there and take their recovery seriously, and watch people start to make changes in their lives or just to be there to listen when needed, especially when this population can be very tough to deal with and very entitled. Although I am very grateful for my experience working here, the people I've met, the things I've learned, and the opportunity to work in a field that I am passionate about.. I would not reccomennd working here due to the amount of stress and hard work for such a terrible pay and lack of appreciation
Pros
Being helpful to others
Cons
Inconsistency, always short staffed, underpaid
Great place to work type of job can be stressful!
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MASeptember 14, 2017
As in any work place there are good and bad people to work with. Most of the people were lovely to work with and would often meet outside of work. This is a great job to see what the mental health field is like. to work in this job you must have a balanced level of empathy for the patients. This is because some patients will try to take advantage but 95% are great to work with!
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
fast paced hard to plan when your break will be
Lack of Support
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 13, 2017
Support is lacking. Employee safety is not the companies priority. The staff does work well together and is supportive however management is less than par

Ask a question about working or interviewing at High Point Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.