High Point Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Not recommended.
Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Plymouth County, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Pleasant relationship with staff. and patients, however, there are no sanctions for breaking the rules. Patients run the place. Extremely poor management.
Pros
Free lunches, satisfaction caring for patients.
Cons
Toxic area program director.
Do not work here
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 8, 2018
Although I’ve worked at this facility for many years and it has provided me with much clinical knowledge and experience, the staff and management are unprofessional and disorganized. There is zero consistency and the pay is terrible. The yearly raises are less than $0.50. They offer no incentives to keep their employees or show any appreciation for them.

The pros include free meals, friendly coworkers. They offer the ACT courses for free after one year of employment if you’re interested in getting your LADC and can bear to work there that long plus the length of the courses.
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 8, 2018
This job will make you feel like you have accomplished something. You get to watch clients grow throughout their treatment, and majority of the staff are great to work with.
Pros
Paid leave time, Busy
Cons
No break, Low pay
Excellent staff
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed the aspect of helping people in early recovery. I was able to engage patients with my knowledge of recovery so that when they were in society they had a clue as to how to find meetings.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No time to eat a proper lunch
Admissions
Admission Staff (Current Employee) –  Middleborough, MAOctober 17, 2018
My day would be answering the phones make appointments and cancels appointments check insurance send emails to the different programs. put names on the spread sheets wait list
unhappy staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 15, 2018
High Point hires anyone with a heartbeat. The training is poor and you need to basically teach yourself by watching others. Of course that can be a mistake since there are so many corrupt staff members. Management tends to lie to avoid conflict or the public finding out what is really going on there. The higher ups only care about how many beds are filled, not if the clients are getting better.
Pros
free meals
Cons
pay, staff
Terrible place go work for.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 4, 2018
Upper Management has no idea what they are doing. Ever since they hired the new director the place has gone from an okay environment, where patients respect workers and understand there are consequences for their actions to a place where patients have control of the facility and the director is running the place into the ground. The turn over rate is through the roof ever since the new director has been hired. I used to enjoy coming into work, never feared for my safety, and truly enjoyed helping patients but in my last months of working there (since rules have changed) I dreaded coming into work, feared for my safety and felt as though management did not have my back and only cared about making money. The saddest part is that patients have started to catch on to all of this as well and feel as though they are in a jail rather than a safe place to detox. If they fired the new director they place would run smoother and they wouldn’t be loosing so many good and hard workers.
Pros
Free lunch. Colleagues have your back.
Cons
Horrible director and upper management. Unsafe environment. Low pay.
Team work
Rocovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 20, 2018
Team work was very important. We always knew where each other where if we needed coverage and always had immediate response during code calls and emergencies.
I enjoyed working at Highpoint with mental health clients with addictive behavior.
Internship/Learning How (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at Highpoint Treatment Center was working with about 45 clients a day. I had to write treatment plans, once I talked to the client and found out what the problem was and how we could help solve it ; I collaborated with the team a lot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working with clients/sometimes but worthwhile
Lots of stress for little pay
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 14, 2018
You are responsible for as many as 32 patients, making sure they get to groups, meals, smoke breaks etc. Make sure you do hourly safety checks admissions and discharges and notes. Plus whatever the patients need throughout the day. Respond to medical emergencies and fights. If you are involved in a fight, patient is not necessarily kicked out. Management does not ensure that your relief arrives on time. Unit managers helpful, upper management no so much. Patients are no longer kicked out for using on the unit so it has become a not so safe place anymore. They know they can come in and use and nothing will happen. This created a poor attitude on the unit.
50/50 mix of patients- some are grateful for the help, others have an attitude and do whatever they want while they are here. No follow through for bad behavior.
The staff is very kind and supportive and it is nice to be able to help people when they need us the most. If we had more staff it could be done more effectively.
Pros
free food, good benefits, good vacation time, good staff, feels good to help others
Cons
very short staffed, not nearly enough pay for the work, upper managment can be rude, no backup if patients act up

Want to know more about High Point Treatment Center?

Ask a question
Wonderful Work Environment, Not Enough Clients
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 2, 2018
What always confused me about this position was that I was contracted for full-time work, but always seemed to come up short on hours. Turnover was not an issue, but it seems the clinic couldn't attract clientele despite the demand for substance abuse counselors in the area. Great supervision and a supportive environment, consistent values and management. There just never seemed to be enough clients thus making the focus on paperwork paramount to meet hourly requirements.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Poor Turnover
No one stays too long!
"Clinician" (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 16, 2018
Worked her because I love the client population. Upper management has no idea how hard we work to support our clients. Rate of pay very poor, HR department does not answer or return phone calls, performance reviews are never done on time usually completed anywhere from 6 months to 1 yr late, no accountability no retroactive pay. For a person starting in the field experience is good but is a detriment to the clients who cannot relate to the newcomer, right out of school who do not know anything about SUD, cannot speak the clients colloquial language in order to relate..most of the new clinicians can barely spell, write legibly or speak clearly--it's all about just getting a body to fill a position. No one stays too long unless they are unemployable for some reason...

Ineffective, unskilled maintenance staff, place is generally unkempt except for when DPH comes in for an audit. Housekeeper -most of them work hard to try and keep the place clean. Kitchen staff work hard also. Lots of turnover..upper management couldn't care less....don't know how this place passes inspection. "Clinical Director turnover is at an all time high....no one stays too long...maybe a year at best..
Pros
free food, free parking, genereous time off
Cons
poor pay, performance reviews always late, no retro pay, no advancement
Horrible work place
In Home Therapist, CBHI (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAAugust 10, 2018
I was fired because of management not notifying HR that i was out on sick leave
Employees treated terrible
Management and higher up lacked helping employees with self care
No proper training
So many negatives
Pros
employees were good to each other
Cons
Management has no clue what they are doing
Hptc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleboro, MAAugust 5, 2018
Understaffed, underappreciated at times less than safe
No perk for being mandated
Low wages
Management is out of touch with what is happening with staff
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Understaffed, frequent mandations
Complex
Account Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA 02740July 17, 2018
Overloaded caseloads with little to no help from upper management. Unrealistic Deadlines. Very unorganized. system failures on a daily bases would occur.
laid back nbut stressful at times
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 16, 2018
working the overnight shift is laid pack, being in school with the clients asleep I have the opportunity to study while still doing my checks on the clients. The pay could be better and room for advancement in needed. However I've learner some things working for high point.
Pros
abilitty to learn new things every day
Cons
health care, pay
Great trainings and leave time.
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 11, 2018
The staff that work with the client's are very good at what they do...upper management is very poor at acknowledging the people that make High Point run...
Pros
Leave time.
Cons
Horrible pay.
Challenging but rewarding work environment with passionate employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 22, 2018
I learned a lot about addiction/psychiatric Nursing, our community's on-going battle against addiction and mental health, and the immense challenges faced in treating these disorders at all stages of care. High Point is a good company with good pay and benefits for Nurses for the level of care. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing your impact on a patient and watching your influence contribute to their success.
Did not enjoy
TM/TT&S (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 21, 2018
Everything was to get units/credits. The clients might not have had time in their week to see us, but the lack of units each week fell on the employees and they got blamed for not seeing clients enough despite the ever-changing schedules. It was a high-stress job. I left to help my mental health.
Absolute horror of a place to work
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 3, 2018
I can honestly say that this has been the absolute worst place I've ever worked at, management does not care whatsoever about their employees, the place is infested with black mold that just gets painted over every time i enter the facility I get completely stuffed up and can't breathe, the whole time I have worked here I have not seen a single nurse wash their hands one time, a lot of the nurses are so extremely ignorant loud and disrespectful, employees are coming to work under the influence and other employees who actually do care and do there job get fired, the only people I would recommend this job to is first time job Seekers, you will get hired because they hire convicted felons and thats the truth!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at High Point Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.