HIGH SIERRA POOLS
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

HIGH SIERRA POOLS Employee Reviews

United States131 reviews

Clean, well-maintained pools

The pools were largely clean and well maintained. Supervisors were supportive and kind. Flexible scheduling and competitive pay were helpful. Occasionally, a pool would be managed very strictly or loosely in terms of rules enforced by lifeguards.

Such an understanding environment

I loved working for this company . Very understanding and open minded as well as available for work days . I enjoyed the every hour a 15 minute break since the sun got very hot no matter how much sunscreen I wore . Thank goodness every place had an umbrella

Pros

Every hour a 15 minute break

Cons

Rude adults

HIGH SIERRA POOLS insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fun workplace, Nice employer, you will get aling with co-lifeguards.

I've learned a lot when I was working with them. I've met a lot of people and nationalities, make friend with them. I'm so proud I worked in High Sierra Pools last 2017.

Unreliable

Honestly, it was a really relaxed place to work, but the management isn't good. Ana never responds and she won't give you the hours you are supposed to. I was hired full time and got 10-hour weeks, one time I got 21 hours most.

I work primarily in a health club, it can be very monotonous and boring, but you get a chance to meet diverse, and interesting people. I formed some great friendships. The pay was not great, but I worked independently for the most part. It was a fairly easy gig.If your replacement didn't show, it could be very stressful. Sometimes I would work from 5:00 in the morning, to 10:00 p.m. in the evening, and have to show up the next day at 5:00 a.m.

Pros

I met clients, who became friends. I worked independently.

Cons

They did not offer direct deposit. You had to wait for your check to arrive in the mail. Serious, and sometimes bizarre emergencies do occur.

Good experience

It was great I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot & also met a lot of great people the pay was good & I was also treated well. My experience there was awesome.

Flexible company

The managers are very understanding and help out whenever they can. Being a lifeguard can be challenging because it can get very hot, but overall a nice job for younger individuals.

Nice, easy job opportunity for young people

Working for High Sierra is a good experience and job opportunity for young teens in high school or for people trying to work while going to school. Management is pretty laid back as long as you do what is expected.

Pros

Flexible work times, good management, organized.

Cons

Occasional bad workplaces

Easy, but bad compensation for what you have to deal with at times. Job security in the context of getting hours is bad unless you work summer.

Everyone is out for themselves, and the supervisors are often operating under the fear of upper management. The simply don’t compensation anyone they way they should.

Great Team and Community

I worked as a lifeguard at Arlington, VA in the Summer of 2019 as a High Sierra Pools employee. That was a great experience for me. I really recommend

Pros

community

Cons

Fair pay for job

Simple job and good pay, but long hours.

This is a pretty good lifeguarding job if you do not like to move around much. You sit in a chair for 9-10 hours on a hot pool deck, which isn't the best but it is pretty decent pay for just sitting and just watching people swim. You don't really get to know managers and supervisors very well either. It's a lonely job.

Pros

pay is decent

Cons

long hours, and you are practically just sitting all day.

A fun and laid back environment

Work space is very adaptable and you need to be an outgoing and nice person. You’re surrounded by many different types of people and need to be able to work with each of them to be able to have a safe fun environment at the pool area.

Great company. Good management team. Flexible hours/schedule. Supervisors do a great job communicating and helping with issues within reasonable time.

underpaid, no proper training, and locations lack required supplies.

I worked for $2.50 under my co workers that were on their first year with the same title as me, raises are rarely awarded upon request, proper equipment and training is non existent and you need to learn how to do things from your inexperienced coworkers. The supervisor comes around to the pool every day and p***** everyone off with their lack of awareness and overall annoying attitude.

Pros

You can swim if no one else is in the pool

Cons

You cannot swim on breaks when others are on stand and in the guard house.

Non productive and boring

Paid below minimum wage, sit and do nothing for the entire shift, was forced to stay even when it was supposed to rain till close, no benefits whatsoever

Work at neighborhood pool with friends

Fun company and easy money if you work at the right pool. Management is weird and you may have to work insane hours but it is a lifeguard job for community polls so it already a joke

Pros

Easy Job for Highschoolers

Cons

Who even knows how this company is managed

Great lifeguarding summer job for people who want flexibility and enjoy pool environment and like to keep kids and adults safe

Was able to pick my own work schedule. Some weeks I worked around 60 hours and other weeks I worked less than 20 hours. I had a great pool manager who was kind and encouraging.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

Super easy and fun workplace

Management is really friendly and easy to work with. Good first job definitely recommend. Be prepared to sit in the heat for up to 10 hrs though. Flexible hours as well.

Good workplace, bad management

When I first started working here at 16, I was immediately greeted with a nearly 50 hour work week while school was still in session. Despite several continuous efforts to contact management, my hours remain high throughout summer weeks, leaving me little time to enjoy my summer and hang out with my friends. The job presented new challenges and learning experiences, and I have often received high praise from my supervisor for going above and beyond, yet the hard work I provide yields no extra reward, and I also never received a $150 Memorial Day bonus I was promised for working during the Memorial Day weekend.

Pros

New experiences and meeting new people

Cons

High praise with no rewards, false bonus offers, long and often non-negotiable schedules

Eğlenceli ve rahat

Benim maceram çok güzeldi. Maryland Clarksburg'ta cankurtaranlık yaptım. Supervisor'um bana çok iyi davranıyordu ve ister fazla ister az çalışıyordum. Evim ve arkadaşlarım çok rahattı hiç sorun yaşamadım. Herkese tavsiye ediyorum.

Pros

Müşterilerle aranızı iyi tutarsanız size yemek getirirler hatta akşam yemeklerine davet ederler.

Cons

Merkeze uzak olabilirsiniz şansınıza kalmış.

Summer Job

Good summer job for high school and college students. There is training available through the company. Supportive coworkers. Ability to work a flexible schedule.

Common questions about HIGH SIERRA POOLS

Answered by current and former employees at HIGH SIERRA POOLS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HIGH SIERRA POOLS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits