Higher One Employee Reviews

punctuality
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from HomeJune 10, 2019
Very busy days
Resolve customer problems Credit Card and Debit Card
Difficult customers who are rude
The co workers and Supervisors very nice
Only read reports from Management
Pros
N/a
Cons
short breaks
Very stressful position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 7, 2019
Working with students financial aid was stressful when it was not available when the students thought it should be. They would be Irate about it not being available. We were not able to tell them were they stood in the process. We had to put them off without giving then accurate informaation
Pros
work from home
Cons
Angry students
Very versatile company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 12, 2019
Higher one was a very versatile company. They have a member first attitude and do a great job empowering representatives to assist members. benefits and work hours are in line with other companies of this type.
Calls are 100% recorded and used for quality control and agent teaching opportunities. Training is scheduled and geared towards that week's focus. Attendance and leave policies are explained in advance and the Humana resource department is always ready to provide additional training. Annual training is held to ensure agents are aware and up to date on new or existing policies.
Pros
Hours, pay and benefits, growth potential
Cons
area
Stressful working environment
Seasonal At-Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06511February 11, 2019
Job was customer service based helping college students with their online bank accounts. I worked with great people at Higher One. Unfortunately, they outsourced our jobs to Philippines.
Online position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2019
Working for Higher one was fun until the company outsourced to another country. They also had a strict rules to follow handling customers.I had the chance to learn new software.
Pros
Fair payment.
Cons
very busy and short breaks
Very focused and interesting clientele. Enjoyable work environment.
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 21, 2019
My position was a remote position which I enjoyed very much. Higher One was located in Connecticut, which made for difficult interaction with management. Unfortunately, my department was outsourced to the Philippines.
Pros
Telecummute/Remote
Cons
Difficult management interactions
Treats contracters well.
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 25, 2018
This was the first place I worked from home. I'm glad it was, I received so much advice from co-workers and management. It really helped me to get my foot in the door with work from home companies.
Pros
Set your own hours, work from the comfort of your house.
Cons
No benefits
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
Good benefits, good work environment, good coworkers
Liked job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILOctober 5, 2018
Like the idea of working from home. But would like to have done it with chat instead over the phone. Needed more training. Really liked helping the people.
Higher One
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 10, 2018
Back to back phone calls was a typical day at work.
I learned how to handle difficult customers.
Management was very supportive.

The work culture was very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was using the right words to speak with the customers according to management training.
The most enjoyable times was when the customer expressed their
thanks and was totally satisified.
Pros
recognition of a job well done
Cons
short breaks in the day
Higher One
Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 1, 2018
I learned a lot working for Higher One. It started off being a small company that grew into a bigger company fairly quickly. A typical work day was faced paced, however, I enjoyed the job. Being able to multitask was a plus. I enjoyed researching and processing claims, reconciling general ledgers, and other banking functions on a daily basis. Assisting the clients was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Poor place to work
Seasonal Home-Based Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 9, 2018
Treat you like a robot. Was berated for taking bathroom breaks, never had a supervisor. Unethical with customers and employees.
Culture cold and no direct support. Training materials good.
Pros
Cons
Badly treated
Productive and Fun workplace at the time
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2018
• Committed to the assistance and support of others, be it customers, or staff, while maintaining a cheerful and helpful
attitude
• Designed, developed and implemented a training procedure that was used for overall training program
• Assisted the Quality Management team by providing solutions regarding supervisory procedures
• Responsible for creating policy for handling escalated situations with callers
• Built good rapport with customers through effective and precise communication
• Built a good rapport with customers and proposed different products and services based on their account history to
help minimize their monthly bill
Pros
Management is very helpful
Cons
moved overseas
High Stress.
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Home Based - RemoteDecember 28, 2017
Customer Resolution Specialist - Customers were very abusive. Low compensation. No breaks. No room for advancement. Difficult to receive assistance from management.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 11, 2017
The company was very great to work for and I also was able to work from home and spend time with my children. My managers were excellent and empathetic.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Company was sold
Fun
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 13, 2017
Work from home..so it was flexible..They gave us enough training to be able to do our job..but the job is seasonal,so it can last 3 months or 6 months.
Great company for remote CCR
Customer Care Analyst (Home Agent) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Higher One. No stress or Less stress environment. Remote CCA was great working from home. The managements were nice. Seasonal position and/or part time with, and full time position with full benefit.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 15, 2017
Worked at home, the training is self paced, heavy call volume. Whenever you have a problem ot easy to get someone to help. The training is not good it is self taught. Expect you to learn alot in little time
Pros
flexible schedule, extr hours to work
Cons
poor management
Enjoyable Work Place
Home Based Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 24, 2017
A typical day at work consists of my receiving incoming calls from customers to either explain our payment plans or inquire about setting up a payment plan for their student. I learned to handle each call with the up most importance, treating every caller individually. I worked very well with the management staff, anytime there was an issue, they were there to help resolve it. I think the hardest part of the job was initially learning the systems required to complete a task, after doing so, it wasn't as frightening.The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the customer say what a wonderful program out payment plan is, they don't have to go out and get a loan to pay for the student's tuition.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to meet others
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2017
I was only there for a temporary assignment. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the area for walking, eating, and meeting other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higher One. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight