Highfields Employee Reviews

Great Place to work !!
Residential Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Onondaga, MIJune 27, 2018
I've had a wonderful experience as an employee at Highfields. Being a Residential Counselor is very rewarding. It's always nice to see that you can make a change in a student, by showing them that you care.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Onondaga, MIMay 25, 2015
Supervised juvenile clients and assisted in mentoring them as well. Participate in group activities. Observed the clients behavior, participated in ice breakers to get to know them. I learned how to interact with the children and tried to get to know them on a personal level. The hardest part of the job is when the children don't listen, but you just have to be calm and cool. The most enjoyable part was just putting a smile on the children's face.
Pros
Loved being a role model
Cons
Internship- did not get to know the children well
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 22, 2013
Highfields is a great place to begin your career. The values and mission of Highfields is wonderful. They are here to help children and families that have experienced trauma or have mental health. Management is great, I love working for my boss and have great and understanding co-workers.

I enjoy the caring environment here and that everyone can alway relate to you on some level.
I enjoyed the opportunity to mentor young men
Youth Specialist-Substitute (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 8, 2012
Developing and supervising daily activities, enforcing rules and regulations, stressing the need for behavior change, teaching pro-social skill groups. I learned that a youth will change only if they want to. I would like to have seen management more on the same page. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the behaviors, and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a youth have a successful day.
Pros
working with the younger generation
Cons
benefits and healthcare could have been better
Great Place to work.
BTS (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2012
I have learned a lot at this company, Highfields is a great place to learn tools to use in the real world.