Highland Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice stepping stone
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2018
Highland is a smaller hospital so it's nice that way. Everyone is basically very friendly. Its a perk to be near the park in the summer as there really is no place to decompress due to lack of space. So spending a half hour in the park alone is a huge deal.

I say stepping stone because if you are looking to make more money, then this isn't the place for you. Compared to other places, Highlands pay scale is on the lower end.

Off-site parking is inconvenient but affordable. Privacy is an issue as there is a lack of space. Literally have to go outside to take a personal call as they place 3-4 people per office.

Overall, it is a nice place to work. No other complaints.
Pros
Small hospital, friendly staff
Cons
Pay, lack of privacy
Consider working somewhere else
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 4, 2018
This job is not worth the stress and drama. The doctors are extremely nice to work with and the hours are good but when it comes to working with co workers, you need to watch your back.
It's aight.
Activities therapy aide (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WV 25304October 1, 2018
They pay you, and if you don't mind getting assaulted by psychotic patients it's a real easy job. There really ain't that much more to it than that. It was a good experience.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Combative patients
Great Hospital, Okay Pay
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Great teaching hospital to get your feet wet, and a lot of room to advanced in certifications. Not very competitive wages and staffing can be poor. Would recommend working as a travel nurse.
Therapist
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day includes a Treatment Team meeting, psychosocials, and individual, family, and group therapy sessions. It is necessary to communicate with all staffing positions on the unit.
stressful
Operating Room Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2018
fast pace, stressful, not enough time in the day to complete your work load
making sure having implants for upcoming patient surgeries .
following backorders, constraint orders , when inventory is not available.
under new management,
Pros
my hours / 6am 2:30pm
Cons
stressful
Hospital work....
Charge Nurse-Weekend Contract (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The nurses and techs at this hospital are second to none. They are super hard working, and super caring. It's hospital work, and it's stressful, but rewarding.
Was the best place for me to begin my career
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
My experience was the best fit for me to Begin my career. The seasoned technologists where always ready to help with questions and opinions. it was an overall great experience.
Workplace culture
Nurse Director (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 2, 2018
I loved the culture of this hospital staff. Employees are committed to caring for the people of Oakland. They worked hard and strived for excellence and growth.
Pros
Physician partnership
Cons
Serveral Senior Leadership changes
Good for volunteering
Office Assistant & Patient Service Navigator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 31, 2018
Since I'm only a volunteer at Highland Hospital, I don't know what it's like to work for full-time, so this review should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I have greatly enjoyed my time volunteering there: I like my co-workers, supervisors, and patients, and I've gotten the chance to get skills and experience in a professional environment.
Sucks
Employee (Current Employee) –  Charleston, West VirginiaAugust 30, 2018
Very poor management. Very low pay. Very stressful. Cut throat. It's bad when your management lies to you and you put all you got into the company. Turnover rate is very high.
Pros
It's a job to barely get by
Highland Hospital
Psychiatric RN/Substance Abuse RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 15, 2018
Gained valuable experience and met new people. Learned new skills for care of substance abuse and mentally ill clients. Would have liked to have seen more flexibility in management for scheduling and promotions
fun
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working in the hospital. I was good at what I did.
I got to see a lot of people that were requesting medical records through out the hospital.
Excellent place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2018
It's a great environment to work. I loved my job making sure all the patients equipment was clean and ready for use. It's a face paced job but you have to precise no time for mistakes because your dealing with patients.
Pros
work environment
Cons
patients are great management not so much
BHT (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 28, 2018
The work environment was very stressful. I was hired close to the time of opening. No matter what you did, you was never thanked, but you was always told what you did wrong. I was passed up several times for positions that I applied for over friends and family members. I was always stuck working the weekends and holidays over new hires.
A very professional place to be employed
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Highland Hospital. Although it is closed now, I enjoyed working for this hospital. I was given many opportunities to work different areas of nursing. I was a patient care nurse, medication nurse, occassional charge nurse, endoscopy nurse and emergency room nurse. The nursing supervisors were top notch nurses.
Pros
experience, off every other week-end
Cons
it closed.
Working at Highland
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 27, 2018
The culture and atmosphere here was incredible. You really felt like part of a family there. Every department is wonderful in working with the employees to maintain an appropriate work/life balance.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
fun
BHT (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 26, 2018
Beyond great management, very organized. everyone is so helpful. i would highly recommend this hospital to someone looking. nice lunch and breaks. stressful at times.
love it
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2018
I really enjoy coming to work everyday. It doesn't feel like a job. My unit works well together and we work like a family together. Walking through the hospital it seems as though everybody greets and welcomes you
Bad experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2018
When I first started at Highland I liked it, now I am 9 months into the job and I hate it. The management is terrible. They refused to let me go per-diem because I'm not a student nurse.
Pros
Cons
short or no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight