Highland Hospital Employee Reviews

Great people working there.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kanawha City, WVMay 14, 2019
Upper management keeps their pockets full. The employees that are needed the most are way under paid this being the reason they stay so short staffed. Supervisor call on your days off to get you to come in and work and if you decline they get upset. And if your not in the click you are pushed to the side. This is the type of facility that is what can you do for us . Not what I can do for you.
Pros
Great people who work thetr
Cons
Upper msnagent
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Health Home Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 20, 2019
I love that they care about their employees. The doctors really make sure the nurses have everything they need to do their jobs. Highland is great to work for. Hardest part is paperwork and documentation.
Front Desk Reception
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2019
Front desk meet & greet patient schedule appointments answer phone verify demographic & verify health insurance. Other administrative dutie file & fax
Pros
9am-5pm
A good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2019
I worked for Highland hospital for 5 years and I was only Per-diem

I really enjoyed dealing with patients.. I was very satisfied with my performance
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a good management
Fast Paced Office
Patient Representative Associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMarch 18, 2019
Check in patients. Prepare daily patients check in paperwork. Answer multi-line phones. Process Mail and distribute, triage incoming calls.
I enjoyed meeting the patients daily and trying to give them a smile to add to their day.
Pros
No In/Out lunch punches
Cons
No breaks
productive high volume , high stress
Senior Preceptor/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2019
Typically day is full of admissions, high complex care of patients and a mix of challenging behavioral issues. Fast paced and high volume of patients 36-40 patients on the unit at all times
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of structure, lack of breaks for nurses
Highland Hospital
NURSE MANANGER, Patient Care Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 27, 2019
If you are in for the right reasons, Highland is an amazing place to work at. Been there for 11 years now. And I plan to stay there for a very long time.
Pros
People, Leadership, benefits
Cons
Not enough parking space
highland
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILFebruary 26, 2019
Highland Hospital is now closed. Swedish American Hospital bought out this hospital. At this hospital is where I learned how to do mammograms and I did a year of training in CT.
Great People
Senior Manager, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Highland Hospital was a GREAT environment to work in. The management had great ideas and cared what employees thought. A challenge with any organization is turnover at entry level positions, and Highland was no exception.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Staffing challenges
I've been with the company for 12 years and I feel it's time for a change of pace, environment...
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Picayune, MSFebruary 20, 2019
I love working with the public, I have a great personality, I'm a people person and work great with others.. I will be a great asset to the company..I love a challenge and trying different things...
Pros
Family oriented, bonuses, insurance
Cons
No breaks, work holidays, not consistant, lack of communication within our department..
West 7 - General Medicine unit
Registered Nurse, ASPEN - II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Busy unit with high energy staff and management. Unit is a 41 bed unit with a variety of patients ranging from 18 years old with pancreatitis to hospice care. Never stop learning, there's something new everyday!
Pros
Patient population, coworkers, ability for job advancement
Cons
The hours
I was the manager of the telemetry unit and the ICU, responsible for day to day operations
Director ICU/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I was responsible for day to day nursing care on these two units. The ICU was 10 beds, with a variety of community based care needs (cardiac, surgery, medical care). I was responsible for budget and short range planning
Pros
Working with two units of a highly motivated staff.
Cons
A litlle vague on the mission to the community.
Great volunteer experience
Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Volunteering as a health advocate is great place for those on the edge of pursing a health related career. It is a nice experience and a very fulfilling one
great place to work
Patient Care Technician I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2019
family oriented environment great place to work anyone would to work here the staff is friendly and always smiling and helpful to each other, this location is highly recommended
Worked with very nice people.
Housekeeper Technician (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, IL 61008January 24, 2019
We worked together to make sure the patients were comfortable. Lots of laugher and fun. We helped each other. Had very good bosses that were understanding and helpful.
highland
B.H.T i am a very hard worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 17, 2019
I was a b.h.t there worked long shifts sometimes 16 hours
I checked in patients and discharged them also put personal info into computer always had to keep a close eye on the dr. on the floor
Very Busy Office
Patient Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  1000 South Ave. Rochester, nyJanuary 9, 2019
Very Busy Surgery Department. The office was remodeled which made the atmosphere brighter. The doctors, pa's, nurses, techs, and office personnel were great.
Not a good hospital
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALNovember 27, 2018
The don't train you on anything you are supposed to do,they show you once the turn you loose like you are supposed to know where everything is and where is it supposed to go
I was the first Ward Clerk
First Ward Clerk / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 17, 2018
I was the very first ward clerk. All of the other hospitals had one except for Highland. I was hired on a 6-month probation. Ended up working there 4 years (until we moved); wrote the training manual for future ward clerks and trained every one of them over the next 4 years.

My daily routine: have all of the patients' charts organized, neat, up to date and ready at times for the doctors to have access to. I also had coffee waiting (plus appropriate charts) for each doctor when they made their rounds. I answered the phone at the nurses' desk; ran errands when necessary for both nurses and doctors. I sometimes delivered patients to lab or x-ray via wheelchair. I LOVED MY JOB.

Because I was taking EMT training, the doctors often took me on rounds with them when we were not busy and I even was able to observe 2 surgeries and help put on a cast in the ER.

I am sad that Highland Hospital is no longer. It has been replaced and now is called Grace Medical Center.

The other ward clerks who came after me, did not like me because the things I did were not because I HAD TO or because it was in the manual. I did it because I wanted to. I am sure if someone else had written the manual, it would have been much shorter.
Pros
Working alongside some wonderful nurses and doctors. Being able to learn from them.
Cons
Sometimes needed to be in two places at the same time or do what two people wanted me to do.
Enjoy the work and the patients
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 16, 2018
Love the patients and level of care that is required. Helps me to stay active and think quickly. I enjoy the flexibility in the schedule and working as a team.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Minimal option for moving up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight