Highland Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very Interesting place to work due to the patients but not good administration
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 10, 2018
I enjoy working at Highland Hospital because I have experienced a wide range of psychiatric disorders which better prepares me for my future in graduate school and the field of psychology. However, I disagree with the administration on various topics, staffing, and policies.
Very fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 2, 2018
Great employees and management. Constantly on the go. Rearrangement of medical files to better suit the office space . Data entry and assisting patients .
Pros
Very educational and productive meetings
Cons
Short breaks
Environment Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 30, 2018
The seven years that I work for highland they treated me with the most respect un til this year when management change and supervisor start acting diffrent
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
my opinion
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2018
the shift I worked was perfect and I really enjoyed it. The doctors in the department that I worked in were a tad bit rude at times. but I learned a lot from working there.
Pros
Training was reaaly thorough and the food was reallly good
Cons
the pay
Ping pong
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 25, 2018
Wonderful place, very friendly, good employees. Very clean, excellent patient care, very diverse, teaching hospital,affiliated with university of Rochester. Great cafeteria, as well as boars head deli, lots of wonderful things in the gift shop. Our maternity ward is one of the best in our area.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Benefits
productive
Bed Board Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 18, 2018
a typical day for me is assigning pagers and assignment sheets to the employees upon arrival, paging out/delegating certain tasks that may need to be done over a period of time, and sending out emails that may have been given by the manager.
Pros
learning experiences
Cons
stressful depending on what mood the employees come in with
Highland
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 11, 2018
This Hospital is horrible. It is unclean and unsanitary for the managers do not enforce anything. The patient care safety is a issue and the respect is none. I would not take my worst enemy to this hospital and the charge nurse is rude, unprofessional and horrid
Pros
Trauma 1
Cons
Unclean, unsafe, no parking
supervise elders
Patient Companion Observer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 4, 2018
this was a good work environment for advancement. Plenty of opportunities to grow and learn. Easily able to look into other job areas and connecting with staff members in the are you would like to be in.
Pros
nice lunch breaks
Cons
stressful situations
super
manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 4, 2018
love it there it is an awesome place to work would not leave if i didnt have to i love to do the things i do love the employees that i work with would not leave but it is something that i needed to do
Fun workplace and inviting
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2018
Highland was a wonderful place to work at. It was more of a family. You may not know everyone's name but you did recognize them in the hallway when you saw them. They gave you the opportunity to train when you needed to. Highland is very good about promoting within the system.
Pros
Very welcoming
Overall its a very nice place to work. Good people.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2018
I've been at highland hospital for 12+ years. I've learned a lot and grew within my department. Seen a lot of changes as well. Its growing work rapidly as years go by. A very good diverse place to work for.
Outpatient clinic does not offer room for advancement
Practice Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2018
The outpatient clinic for Highland Hospital is very fast paced and stressful. Current management is inconsistent in providing support to their respected teams. Long days, often required to work overtime.There is a culture of "dumping" when providers are behind or don't know how to help a patient and are more interested in moving on to their next rather than learning the workflow processes of staff in other positions on their team.
Pharmacist
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 19, 2018
Turnover with technicians and staff can be high. They are highly dependent on per-diem services to for coverage. Union prevents performance based career advancement.
Productive Workplace
Security Guard- Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 16, 2018
Easy going job especially if you work graveyard, but sometimes it would get crazy due to some trauma's and family emotions. The emotions of families was the hardest part of the job because the officer cant disclose any information. I learned to deal with aggressive/angry patients/persons. Lastly, improved my customer service.
Productive and fun work place
Accounts Payable/Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Highland Hospital. They were always so kind to me and every one in the department that I worked for treated everyone the same.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
very busy
Admission Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2018
My department does all the Admission to the hospital...The most part is our department is short but we make the best out of a bad situation. I'm a peoples person so it gives me pleasure to work with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
over work
Cons
the people we service
strive for excelence
Quick problem solver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2018
Work side by side with physicians and nurses. Working with all types of patients and families. Hardest part of the job was working nights. Most enjoyable part was working with hospice patients and their families.
Pros
Patient oriented
Cons
7 days or nights a weekd.
Highland Hospital
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 23, 2018
Very fast paced and at times stressful environment. Staff at the hospital are awesome and always ready to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was seeing children come in for admission that had been abused. The most difficult part of the job.
great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Highland hospital. They provide safe staff to patient ratios. There is alot of support for nurses. The staff is very friendly. The hospital is very clean and updated. I would reccomend Highland to anyone seeking employment.
Fast Paced, Medium Labor
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WV 25304April 18, 2018
This is a great place to work as a second job. They have PRN shifts and it is usually easy to pick up shifts if you need extra money. The fellow employees are very nice and welcoming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight