Highland Medical Center

Working at Highland Medical Center: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

greatpatientworkingenjoyplacemedicalthingexperience

Collaboration skills and teamwork

Quality and accuracy of work.Ability to meet established goals and deadlines.Communication skills.Collaboration skills and teamwork.Problem-solving skills. Attendance and dependability.

good people poor support

lack of support structures and basics is what makes this place laughably crazy to work at. the staff are in and out all the time cause they burn people out.

Pros

good coworkers

Cons

bad management

Highland Medical Center insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Productive community health center with a variety of medical services

A busy, production oriented workplace with little autonomy and no voice in forming policies, procedures, workload, practice guidelines and very little social support.

In 1990’s CHS hospital

Was a good experience for me in administration and department management, physician recruiting, women services and community education experience. Made great friends, helped develop hospital services. Those were some of the most exciting years in my healthcare development, offered many opportunities.

volunteer

internship for medical assistant program while attending northwestern college in April of 2017 and graduated June 2018. I needed to obtain 18- internship hours to get on hands experience

A very fun but a learning/teaching experiment.

Everything that i learned in my medical program was things I performed in a daily basis considering that it was only 2 of us aides working both offices.

Nice people

This was a part-time job. It's face paced, enjoyable. Get to meet different people. Different jobs, each day was different. The manager was great, She would make sure you understood what needed to be done.

Structure issues

Great benefits but system issues . Needs detailed restructuring and organizing. Some engrained issues that have been just accepted for decades. Great new CEO but he has an uphill battle.

Benefits

Cons

System issues

Learning atmosphere

Attended for my externship for Medical Assistant it went great. Id prefer EMR instead of PMR. Considering the facility size and patients seen this may contribute to the old methods practiced.Overall ok place.

Great place to work! The staff were wonderful. Always willing to help patients and making sure that the facility was properly ran. Loved working for hospital.

Nothing to say, but I am just trying to use time in order to move on to the next page. I would like to complete my application. I have nothing to say at this time.

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Great place.

One of my favorite places t have worked at so far, the boss was very great and understanding. One of my most important factors about a place is the work environment and i can honestly say i loved it. It was a very friendly and relaxed environment s long as you did your task.

productive

A productive workplace. learn a lot from the doctors and supervisor. The experience was nice and worth my time. The superviser stayed on top of thing and in return everyone else did as will.

Pros

free lunches and experience

Great experience in the healthcare field

I have enjoyed working here and met many new people. I have also learned a lot by interacting with others. I have learned to work alone and fulfilled responsibilities punctually.

family practice pain management and hormones

This was my best job as you can see on my CV I was there off and on many times the physician could only use me part time and I would patch another position elsewhere . The office was well managed and run efficiently , patients were about 50% AHCCCS rest commercial. The MA's there were very experienced often relieving my load. I didn't really have a hard part at this job if it would have given me more days I would have stayed. Most enjoyable were the physician patients and staff.

Pros

linch hour

comfortable work place

Clinical Work-Vital Sign,Blood Draw, Ekg. Front Desk- Receive Phone, Make Patient Schedule , Check the Insurance Eligibility. I have learned how to organized the work. Management is very good. Co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is handle the busy time under pressure of work. The most enjoyable part for me do the EKG.

Pros

Free launch twice in a week.

Cons

Short break

Fun work place exellent learning experience

working at highland was an amazing experience, I enjoyed working with my co worker my supervisors was extremely cool. The patients were amazing

productivity

The worst thing that can happen is that management is personal friends with the employee. This is very bad for any company, it creates a lot of problems with other employee and for other employees.

office assistant

This was a good place to work with people and get more touch with people. I really love to work with different culture people.

Great place to work for. Really love working with my patients and their needs

This was a great place to do my externship as a Medical Assistant. Highland Medical Center really taught me alot as a Medical Assistant I really appreciate them.

Enjoyed being lab assistant

Logging in specimens, centrifuge, aliquot for different departments. Being a night shift team leader, working with 3 staffs to accommodate their needs for their scheduling. Short staff, 2 ppl on night shift, if 1 person calls out, leaves only 1 person to run the lab department till 3AM. I liked working as lab assistant/phlebotomy.

Pros

earning 5 and 10 years pin.

Cons

short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highland Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits