Highland Springs Employee Reviews

The residents like bingo
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2019
The residents that live there are nice and the life style and the activity for them are really good. It's the employees who are not treated properly it doesn't matter how hard you work there is no appreciation for your effort all you hear is what you haven't done or learned. So if you want to feel valued and appreciated by management don't work there.
nice residents and staff, bad management
PODIATRIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2019
It had nice residents and some good staff and helping patients lead a more active life was enjoyable.

Upper management was bad and leadership was sadly lacking. No warnings of any possible problems with your employment duties, no meetings or discussions about your perceived shortcomings, just one meeting to let you go. They do not value hard work or positive feedback of your good work from the residents. The experience left bitter personal feelings about the company. Get your experience there, but this is NOT a place for long term employment. GO elsewhere for that.
Pros
fun meetings, nice staff
Cons
bad management, no leadership.
Management is terrible, there’s no communication
PCA (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHSeptember 27, 2018
It’s a free for all every shift every day. Management never knows what’s going on and is always understaffed. Too many employees doing too many jobs for a company that doesn’t care. Stay away...
Management has no clue what they are doing
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Management played favorites
CEO has no clue what he is doing.
Several managers were very hard to work with and had terrible attitudes.
Stressful work place with no support.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Productive and rewarding workplace environment.
Security Emergency Srvs Asst. supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2018
You become part of the family and team very quickly at Highland Springs. Everyone from the top facility manager to the new hire in any other department will welcome you with open arms. Not to mention the residents who are probably some of the most interesting and accepting group of people you could meet to work for and with. It is again, a family oriented environment.
Pros
Lunch and supper available on campus. Friendly environment. People oriented.
Fast moving.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYJune 28, 2018
A lot of things have changed in the 2 years I've worked here. The recent changes have forced me to look else where for employment. My position serves and cleans up basically. The kitchen isn't a terrible place to work but after recent changes to how we will be operating, it makes the job undesirable. The job itself is very fast moving most days and can take some getting used to.
Pros
Grill outs, casual days, company events
Cons
management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 2, 2018
Great place to work. The people are great and u brogan to form a great relationship with and it makes u smile when u do see them everyday that u walk in to doors of the job
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Leaving those that u have vroqn a relationship with
Communication and open dialogue with workers lacks.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
A big place,modern and beautiful but it lacks structure and compassion to its workers.I worked in the company when it was just opening the memory care,assisted living and post acute unit,then left to go focus on my studies, it was such a lovely place to work. Our then HR was very approachable,walked the halls everyday to just say hello,I don't know who our HR is now,she's always behind closed doors in the office. How does she know whats going on around? . I wanted to come back so bad and I sure did but I now feel the difference,its lost its culture and now am looking for a better job.
Great place to work with little experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2018
Working in the restaurants within in Highland Springs was a great place for someone with little to no culinary experience. The management seemed lackluster and out of date.
Pros
Free Meals, Yearly Bonus, Great hours
Cons
Lackluster management
Enormouus facility very under staffed
Scheduler/Billing Coordinator Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2017
This facility cut corners in areas that were vital to the longevity of the residents that required certain assistance. Most of the staff are PRN and the turn over rate is ridiculous.
Pros
Meeting Aceptional people that helper shape the world with their many talents.
More of an entry level based job. Good company to work for.
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2017
I have been employed here 3 years in November. For the most part I have enjoyed my time. I just need to advance more in my career and I feel Highland Springs doesn't allow enough room for advacement for myself.
Typical High school After school job.
Restaurant Associate | Erickson Living (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
It was a good job to start when i was in high school. Was slow paced but you never were tired getting off.Also you got to have free meals and to be eligible to get in a college fund. Also have opportunities to grow.
Great workplace with a great job culture
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
I started off working as a WaitStaff and within three years I was promoted three times to become a Restaurant Supervisor. I have plenty of room for growth and would love to stay with the company.
Pros
Free Meal. Great benefits.
Highly Recommended
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
This place is an mazing place to be an employee at. The people are nothing but wonderful and welcoming. It's like a big family with the residents and staff members.
Pros
Everything about this place is wonderful
Cons
The pay is not as well as I expected it to be
Striving to provide a pleasant lifestyle for the retired
Assistant Activity Directory (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2014
A typical day at work would begin with a Memory Resident walk around a beautiful pond feeding ducks and geese then in for a really good breakfast. From their I would move to Post Acute to visit during their breakfast with mind games, stories and good conversation. The would then take me back to Memory Care for activities and into Assisted Living as well. Usually hours were 6:30am to 3-4pm
The Erickson idea is very excellent however it is most often not met due to lack of staffing.
Good training and orientation of new employees but no followup with support.
Management to put it blunt is WISHEY! WASHEY! .
The most enjoyable part was the personal interaction with the residents and their family members.
Very encouraging workplace
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Managed at least 5 CNA's in memory care, skilled nursing and assisted living units.
Pros
Encouraging supportive management
Cons
Many different cultures working together can cause some strain
Certified Nurse Aide
CNA (Current Employee) –  dallasMay 5, 2014
medication reminders, assistance with activities of daily living
Productivity and Services
Custom Interior , Notary (Former Employee) –  texasDecember 2, 2013
A retirement community that is very successful on it's mission statement to be their for there clients at Erickson Community.
good experience
Retirement Home Waiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2013
good experience, met wonderful people. Great stories from the elders.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks, no overtime