Highlands Country Club Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Golf Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands, NCJune 13, 2018
I have absolutely loved working at Highlands Country Club. I'm leaving because I am getting married and have to relocate. Compensation is great, and we get golfing privileges, and employee meals.
Great environment, beautiful scenery, club members nice and polite
Practice Facility Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Highlands, NC 28741January 31, 2018
Great place to work, unless you are in the grounds department, or until they get a new Superintendent. You will have to work hard, but it is a nice place to be.
Great pay and hours but demanding
Bar Manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Highlands, NCAugust 29, 2017
Fast paced, stressful job but has great pay for the work. Only have to work about 6 months out of the year. Great free meals while you are working and dorms to live in on site if you want
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No benefits
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Highlands, NCJuly 6, 2017
HCC is a nice place to work that is open seasonally, May through October. The General Manager, Greg Crawford, is great and has been there many many years.
Pros
Open Seasonally
Great Summer Job
Landscaping crew (Former Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYJune 22, 2017
Highlands Country Club is a job to get while you are out of school and don't have anything better to do. You have to work 6 days a week 6 am to 3 pm with no pto. You do make pretty nice money and all you do is cut grass on a golf course so its relaxing. But it gets old quick.
Poor
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYMay 19, 2017
Worked there for 7 months with no problems at all, tried to come back this summer and am told "sorry, we are already pretty full" no explanation or anything. Very disrespectful and unprofessional
Professional Place to work and ability to network with very wealthy people
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Highlands, NCMarch 22, 2017
Set up for the upcoming day or event. Learn the menu for the whole week at the beggining of each week. Learn to serve at the highest most professional level possible. Serving America's wealthiest people.
Fun place to work
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Garrison, NYApril 4, 2016
I like working at the Highlands because my co-workers and I have become best friends. We work hard together to accomplish tasks effectively and within a timely fashion. The days go by quickly since I am constantly busy. My managers are both hard working and easy to deal with. The hardest part of the job is when I have very long days/nights. I get out very late at night and the sleep schedule is difficult to adjust to.
Pros
Free meals, some over-time pay available
Cons
Late nights, no health benefits