Highlands Health and Rehab Employee Reviews

Good workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, AROctober 16, 2018
Some staff members were not as friendly as hoped but was an enjoyable work area. I only worked here for a short amount of time but made good use and felt knowledgeable about my work experience here.
Highlands Health and Rehab
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2018
Highlands Health and Rehab was a great place to work. This was my first time working with the elderly, I really enjoyed working for this company but they don't pay very well.
Stressful
Overnight CNA (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARMarch 3, 2018
Was a good job when I started there but new management and things changed. Short handed Staff which made overnights hard but they would have more staff on days so getting ppl up in the morning was the stressful part
Pros
Christmas gift cards
Cons
Short staff
I enjoy taking care of my residents & enjoy working with most my co-workers.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJanuary 25, 2018
We are often short handed and lack the help we need. It makes me feel like out residents are be neglected. They are not neglected by the employees only by the lack of needed help.
Dont
LPN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 23, 2017
Dirty facility, poor management, attitude by workers, house keeping doesn't clean, yelling by coworkers, residents ignored, no team work on most days.
Cons
Dirty facility, poor attitude of staff, no parking
Not recommended
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2017
They are just basically making up the sign on bonus no one has gotten theirs yet. I was paid a lower salary then what they offered,and basically no on knew anything even corporate so I was forced a pay cut. Administration changing daily
Good place to work, not great
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALApril 24, 2017
Very busy but good patient to nurse ratio, but they expect great care for the residents (which they should). They place a lot of value on family time.
Pros
Place value on family time, great benifets
I enjoyed it because I took care of people and that was my passion.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNDecember 16, 2016
I like it for the most part. I bumped head with a few of the employees but I didn't let that stop me from doing my job. I enjoyed taking care of people and it was just a good thing for me to do at the time.
Pros
Lunch breaks and you could leave on your break.
Cons
Breaks were only 30 mins
Good Pay
RN Superviser (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2016
Worked a variety of different shifts and floors, from skilled to rehab. Assisted colleagues with other duties. The compensation was very good.
I was an LPN
LPN (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALMay 16, 2016
I worked as a third shift nurse at this long term care skilled nursing facility. It is a nice facility and I have many good memories at this facility.
Great workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 5, 2016
Work experience with Sykes was a great one. I loved the job and I loved the people I worked with. I had to ask a lot of questions and I always felt like I didn't know what I was doing but some days are better than others. I didn't really like my bosses though. They were way too strict and they tried the best they could to be intimidating.
Pros
learned something every day, generally easy, great workers
Cons
angry customers, always had to ask questions and felt like i didnt know what i was doing most of the time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALAugust 13, 2015
Great stepping stone into more advanced careers. You are constantly learning something new everyday, and you develop a bond with the residents.
worked prn as a charge nurse
charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJanuary 20, 2013
I worked 7a to 7p mostly as a charge nurse. I administered medications and performed wound care daily. Worked with local physicians to ensure that their patients were getting the best care possible. Admissions and ordered medications for new admits and current residents. Assisted significant others when needed during the everyday care of the patient and with hospice when the end of life was inevitable.
Pros
loved putting a smile on a patients face that may not have been having the best day, enjoyed getting to know the patient and thier families, i was made to feel like i was a part of their extended family.
Cons
growing to love and get attached to angels and having to let them go when the time came, wanted to work full time was the reason i left this employer, didnt have benefits as prn