Highlands Hospital

• Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Coworkers and pto

Ok to work there pto is good interesting cases helping patients coworkers are nice bit bad management and they show no appreciation to staff mandated a lot to work over

Pros

Staff

Cons

Understaffed

Management is a like a group of high school girls.

Don’t care about employees unless you are part of the “group”. Hire friends and realities of the group. Had to switch health insurance mid year because Highlands does not pay their bills!

Pros

Close to home

Small Community Hospital-

Great for new nurses.Flexible shifts.Great Per Diem pay!Small community feel with no long drive to the city. Great place to learn and grow.Low stress job!

The backstabbing

This is an awful place to work the pay is pityful for the job tasks that they expect you to do. The staff was nice most of the time but you get mandated constantly due to not enough staff it's pityful.

great co workers, poor flexabilty and meeting employee request

Loved working close to home management would not be up front with nursing staff and was not willing to work with staff on what shift was best for them causing me to look for other employment. No real support system

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

They call you off of work when the census is low.

Cannot rely on a 40 hour week-you get called off when census is low, The staff is great to work with. Management is always accessible and supportive. Different shifts available-but the lifers work the daylights.

Small community hospital with many local staff

This is a small community hospital that is needed in the community. Our hospital does not have the extravagant budgets of larger facilities, but most of the staff care about our patients.

Overall great place to work.

Great community resource. I enjoy coming to work. Seems like more services are being added- more people are been hiring. It's a good sign. I am encouraged to provide feedback to my manager. She cares about making this place ..safe and welcome for all patients.

Don’t go there pay don’t go with cost of living. Low pay for people just starting out.

The place sucks they have new management and New CEO that has no training running the Hospital. I ran the department and cooked years prior and was never disciplined and got laid off after 32 years to save money. It’s because of my age they got rid of me and all the older people.

Good place for nursing students to learn, lower acuity, tuition reimbursement

This is a small hospital but I learned so much here. This job more than prepared me for my next career move. Management was poor and turnover was high because of this. Buddy system very much in place here.

Pros

Great benefits, great technology

Cons

Poor management, high turnover, low wages

nice small hospital

Highlands Hospital is a small, community operated hospital. The electronic medical record program that the hospital uses is not all that user friendly. Co workers are friendly and helpful.

Pros

nice cafeteria

Cons

not many hours

I love working at Highlands

I love the enthusiastic environment that coworkers provide for each other. Everyone is pretty close and inviting. Management is a little unorganized right now but I have my favorite supers right now. All in all, its a great environment.

Pros

great environment, laughs

Cons

limited breaks, organization

No position or advancement as long as the pharmacy is not revamped

My review is not welcome at this time was not employed long enough I was a casual employee that was not used to my potential as it was dictated by the current 3 full time employees

nope

The leadership in place when I worked there was absolutely toxic. They had zero idea how this facility needed to be ran. No consequences for staff behavior.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

Leadership

This place of employment was a great place to work. However the hen house was not that great!

Great place to work for. Other then associates thinking they were the ones in charge, and all the clucking as you would find in a hen house. Also the mandated shifts in the ER was not to great, that’s why I had to leave.

There's so many bad things I can say about this place..

I worked there almost 3 years and it was very poorly managed. Frequently worked more than 8hrs due to staff and scheduling... There was a lot of drama

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Scheduling, no breaks, management, pay

Enjoyable place to work; limited amount of work

The hospital only offers one imaging camera so, the volume of work that can be scheduled is very limited as are the types of tests that can be performed. The work environment is extremely pleasant and management very supportive. Pay is on the low side and health benefits are offered only to full time employees. Less than 50% on the hospital's employees are full time unfortunately.

Pros

Relaxed environment; supportive management & medical staff

Cons

low pay; difficult getting enough hours to make a living

Never a dull moment

It's a great place to work. I enjoyed working there. The staff was sweet and the management was awesome. I mainly worked in the ER admissions area and we stayed pretty busy. Better bring your own lunch though cause the cafeteria is over priced with not much of a selection.

Pros

the coworkers

Cons

the cafeteria

poor communication between staff and lack of employee appreciation

I was there a few short months. I was unable to handle the stress from employee arguments and their lack of consideration for each other and the patients.

Pros

Cons

less pay, no coheasiveness, lack of training

Compensation package is good. Co Workers are nice

Family like work environment with co workers. At times a lot of mandated overtime shifts due to call offs. I did enjoy accrued PTO time. Also they do or did match 401 credits. Benefits are good.

Pros

Pto

Cons

mandated overtime

Fun workplace

Highlands hospital was a great learning experience. I was able to accomplish more there then any other job. I enjoyed working at highlands hospital but the hours were hard with a newborn baby.

Pros

breaks, pay

Cons

hours, healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highlands Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Highlands Hospital