Highmark Health
60Below average

Highmark Health Employee Reviews

United States765 reviews
Working at this company is very good they have a Lotta good perks they are up at all the new things that are going on. I was not impressed with their ability to listen to what is told to them.
Pros
Excellent orientation, supplied all the needs for work
Cons
They do not listen they do not respond back when questions are asked or comments are made.
August 10, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as a former Utilization Review Nurse. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our benefits and found orientation to be a positive, beneficial experience. Please know that we value your concerns and will be sure to share your additional feedback about communication internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
Negative, manager was horrible. Never helped people before firing and doing hiring never gave all info. Never given info that we were at risk to lose our job.
Pros
None bad experience
Cons
Everything, wants you to learn everything
Poor leadership that doesn’t care about employees and they DON’T value or respect veterans! They reorg monthly and don’t invest enough time or resources to do the right thing.
Pros
Competitive compensation and benefits
Cons
Reorg monthly
The job was ok, you are more looked as a number instead of an actual person. My child was very sick during a black out period and they wouldn’t allow me to take the days off to be with her. When I called off because I had to be with my child, they fired me when I came back. They don’t care about you as a person they just need people on the phones.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work life balance
There was no commonality when it came to taking care of the patients. We were told to do bare minimum. We continued to lost clientele due to lack of principles and not doing everything that we SHOULD have been doing for the patients/other insurance companies/etc to ensure that patients were taken care of. The employees did not get treated with respect due to the management staff being against us as the employees and the patients. There was not much there for encouragement or acceptance (after awhile). The representatives were not paid enough to do what we had to do to ensure patient satisfaction.
August 10, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as a former Customer Service Representative. We are sorry to hear of your experience and want you to know that we greatly appreciate the contribution and service that our people make here at Highmark Health. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The supervisors are nice. They really just want people to stay and not quit. They will work with you as long as you communicate. The job itself is awful. The software is outdated, inefficient and can give you the wrong information. So if you pride yourself on giving good customer service do not take this position. You will be quoting the wrong benefits to people almost daily due to the software.
July 20, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as a Customer Advocate. Please know that we greatly appreciate the contribution and service that our people make here at Highmark Health. It is important that we remain committed to transforming health care in bold ways. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
I learned a lot from a business perspective at Highmark. I was purely a clinical provider prior to working there. I was precepted by a wonderful group of people that enabled me to effectively lead a team of physicians, nurses and other specialists in their field that resulted in saving millions of dollars. inipotentially lost revenue. It was a fun and always interesting project!!
May 26, 2020
Thank you so much for your recommendation of Highmark Health as a former Nurse Practitioner Clinical Analyst! We are so glad that you enjoyed the company of your team members, as well as, learning and growing in your role. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
Excellent company with excellent benefits including health, dental, optical, 401K, paid time off..
Depending on department, there is opportunity for work life balance and job flexibility.

Opportunity for advancement.
May 20, 2020
It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a Business Process Analyst! We are so glad that you enjoy our benefits, work/life balance and opportunities for advancement. Thank you for being a part of the Highmark Health team!
If you plan to work here be ready to be extremely stressed. There is an extreme amount of information to retain, and no support of you need help. The informatom is constantly changing and you’re nnjjjresponsible to kee yourself updated with little to no time off of the phone to do so.
May 11, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as a Customer Service Advocate. Please know that we greatly appreciate the contribution and service that our people make here at Highmark Health. It is important that we remain committed to transforming health care in bold ways. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience. We also encourage you to reach out to your HR Manager if you have not done so already.
I love this place. They are very pro employee. This is my first experience with such a pro employee environment. It is like a breath of fresh air! My supervisor rocks too! Great place to work!
April 13, 2020
Thank you so much for your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a current Quality Insurance Specialist! We are so glad that you're enjoying our culture and management. We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to have you as a part of the HIghmark Health team!
If you are used to a large organization, Highmark may be the place for you. Doing good work, but challenges in moving quickly to get projects across the finish line in a complicated healthcare system.
April 13, 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Director at Highmark Health! We are so glad to hear that you were able to experience our values firsthand and found the opportunity to build a career with us.
Excellent organization to work for. Their top priority is to take care of their members, patients and employees at all times and during the COVID-19 pandemic, they have proven to be the best company I have ever worked for in my 37 year career.
March 30, 2020
We are thrilled to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a current Manager! We are so glad you've found the opportunity to build a career with us over the last 27 months and also want to thank you for your dedication and contribution to our organization in working to create a remarkable health experience!
It was terrible working there, they do not care if you have a sick child or medical issues, they will will fire you for even taking a 2 minute longer lunch break
Cons
Caution should be exercised when applying for this job. Very strict environment and support is limited. The pay is not bad but not worth it. I did learn a lot however it can sometimes feel very demeaning and unsupportive.
March 16, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as a former Customer Service Representative. We want you to know that we greatly appreciate the contribution and service that our people make here at Highmark Health. It is important that we remain committed to transforming health care in bold ways. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
difficult work environment to navigate and "clique" culture where perception of abilities out weighs reality of of actual performance. caution should be exercised.
March 16, 2020
Thank you for your feedback as a former Manager. We’re sorry to hear that you didn't experience the Highmark Health culture that most of our employees enjoy. We work hard to offer a culture that upholds our values and mission, while also supporting the wants and needs of our customers and employees. We will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
A recommended place to work for those willing to put in time and effort, and by no means a ping pong table and bean bag chair environment. The employees and contractors provide a diverse and interesting environment.
March 9, 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Compliance Analyst! We are so glad to hear that you experienced our values firsthand and had found the opportunity to build a career with us.
The Training sucks. There is no manager support. No help when asked. Its not a good company to work for. .............................................
March 2, 2020
We appreciate your review as a former Claims Processor. Know that we remain committed to encourage a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees and will be sure to share this feedback internally.
Very difficult to advance unless you know someone. Management does not provide opportunities or feedback often. Monthly check in rarely took place and yearly review was useless.
March 2, 2020
Thanks for your review as a former Advancement Settlement Analyst. Offering and supporting employee development is important to us. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
There is constant change which creates confusion. Company continually changes upper management personnel who make changes to the changes. The pay is very decent and fair.
March 2, 2020
Thank you for your review as a current RN. We are working on initiatives to break down silos and make our entire organization more proactive. It is important that we remain committed to transforming health care in bold ways. We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.
I worked at this company for 28 years, it’s really a joke how much they promote flexibility safe environment, how much they take care of their employees. This is a toxic environment and they will get rid of the workers that actually work and know their jobs but keep the ones on that do nothing
Lack of process, tools, need to bring outside consultants to instruct industry standards when it comes to anything related to process, tools, performance management etc.
February 24, 2020
We appreciate your review as a current Director and take it seriously. We value all employees and are constantly looking for ways to improve their experience with us. Please contact your manager or HR representative about any concerns you have.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highmark Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Highmark Health.