Highmark Residential Employee Reviews

High Pressure Sales - Terrible Management - Hostile Work Enviroment
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 17, 2019
Extremely high pressure sales environment with endless “warm” calling, and follow-up on completely terrible leads. Incompetent finger pointing management. After 5 months of awesome performance they threatened to fire me if I didn’t sell more and meet a new “minimum leasing standard of 3 leases per week”. This was not discussed at the time I came on board. This conversation was just after just leasing 18 apartments for move in that month and averaging 12+ leases a month. The average in the area is 4-6 per leasing agent. If occupancy is high it’s smooth sailing but if occupancy is low they blame it on the leasing agents even when it’s caused by tons of people moving out, not lack of new leases. They DO NOT promote from within unless you are managements best friend. No flexibility, no time off or sick time until after 6 months. Upper management is terrible. Managers try to steal leases and compete with the front agents rather than supporting and mentoring. They seem to hire high-school graduates for upper management positions with no formal training or idea what they are doing. Management constantly arriving late and leaving early and skipping out for long errands and lunches. Management tried to make me work Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Years even though we are supposed to rotate and only 1 person is required in the office on holidays. The assistant manager also quit during my 5 months there. Next to no training. Criticism is not constructive, just mean and demeaning with no attempt to motivate, encourage, and develope staff members. Benefits are expensive $160 bi-weekly for  more... +1. I would never work for this company again.  less
Pros
Good per lease bonus
Cons
Management, culture, high pressure everything
video
Video Surveillance Information Technology Officer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 17, 2019
Labeling cameras
accessing access for individual
putting cameras into folders
making sure all cameras are working in order
reporting malfunctioning devices

working with people
Milestone
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2019
Milestone is a great company to work for I really don't have any bad to say about Milestone overall. Any company that you work for is what you make of it.
Low Pay, Poor Culture,Great Bonsues
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2019
Milestone is great for getting experience as they provided extensive training in Yardi etc. The hourly pay is low but the bonuses are high for industry . The Raleigh region has unprofessional regional but the Charlotte region is very professional and I would work for again. They have high turnover for PM and SD in Raleigh due to regional. You have to watch your bonuses as they can be paid to someone else if you don't check behind your PM. They do not pay for certifications if you earn them .
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lack of diversity
Not worth the time
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 2, 2019
Impersonate a good company but really is not. Read the fine print because nothing is in writing on your offer letter. Lack of training and fake training that they give is a ludicrous amount of Grace Hill
Pros
Cons
Fake Training program
Big maintenence team with great guys to work with.
Maintenance & Make Ready Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 14, 2019
Overall, good experience. Would've stayed if I hadn't moved out of state. Great manager, really good team, and strong culture of development and growth.
Pros
Had a fantastic property manager and great lead.
Cons
Pay rate too low for the city
good company but pay leaves something to be desired
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 28, 2018
Milestone Management is a nationwide company and it shows. You don't get the feeling that you really mean anything to the company. They pay at the lower end of what would be considered ''competitive" pay. There also doesnt seem to be much opportunity for advancement. I have been asking about HVAC and CPO classes that were promised to me a year ago and have got nowhere
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
limited room for growth
Ex supervisor ga
Maintinance supervisor (Former Employee) –  GaNovember 24, 2018
Unbelievable managment co. Managers unqualified and two faced. Really wish housing athority would secretly look in on these people. Workers treated unfairly. I would never recommend anyone to work here or anyone to live on any of this co.s properties. " crooked!"
Pros
Cons
Run from here
Poor Management
Super (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
I worked at Osprey Links apartments, where they are all full of Mold in HVAC closets and water heaters are leaking. All dry wall are black due to all the mold in the AC closet. We was told to paint over it so that residents can't see the mold. They don't care about peoples health only about collecting rent.
The Management is horrible, too many Chiefs not enough Indians. Manager has all her friends as Vendors and she is a Micro Manager. The Assistant Manager is Crazy and runs this property like the Army.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Milestone was gpod for their team work and it was a good company to work for.
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
I loved worling fpr Milestone. I am gonma miss them bad. I already do. They made their employees feel like family. And thats hard to fond these days. My pay was good. I got paid vacations, sick days, personal days. And we had good bonuses for staying in the budget. I really dont have a bad thing to say about Milestone
one of my favorites
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 31, 2018
It's been a while since working with milestone but they were a wonderful company when i was there. Great apartments, friendly staff and opportunity. They cared greatly about your success and were very flexible.
Great entry level property management experience
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2018
Great opportunity for entry level property management/leasing experience. Bonus structure probably one of the best in the industry however the base salary is well below market average.
Great part time employment. Flexible hours and great commissions.
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 11, 2018
I loved my job. I am currently a business teacher and learned more about the business industry. I enjoyed working with the tenants and co-workers and the work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
HVAC Technician/ Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
Working for this company has been very productive. I have learned a lot more experience in what I love doing. I am able to work overtime and office staff are friendly.
6 years of service
Prefer not to share (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
Milestone Management is a large, growing company. It's very departmentalized and very structured. Regional managers do not micromanage. Decent compensation package and benefits.
Well organized company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I really loved working for Milestone, in my opinion the are the best 3rd party Management on the Market. They hold everyone to a high standard, but they also hold themselves to that standard to uphold and protect their investors.
Fun and friendly
HVAC / CPO Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
This property has great residents as well as office staff. I spend the majority of my day problem solving for residents as well as solving any issues the property may incur.
Excellent Company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2018
Milestone is an excellent company with consistency, stability and a corporate team that cares. They maintain high standards with reasonable expectations and promote an environment of family, energy and fun. They don't constantly recreate the wheel making sure that the gears are well greased in this constantly changing industry.
Pros
Great bonus structure, three weeks paid vactation after 3 years employment in addition to sick time, personal time and holiday pay, excellent support
It is a good place to work only if you are friends with manament
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
If you a good friends with the management team, you are a forever employee. If not, watch your back. The "favorites" will tell lies about you and there is no way to prove otherwise.
Best Corporate Team
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2018
My favorite part about Milestone are the teams I get to work with! They are supportive and quick to assist in any situation! I always get an answer within a day which is so important to me when taking on a new property/roll with a new company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highmark Residential. Our community is ready to answer.